11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
Hello,
I am in the express entry pool and waiting for a draw. I am thinking about applying for a study visa.

1. Should I mention about me being in the pool in the letter of intent?
2. Can IRCC see that I am in the pool?
3. If I should mention about the pool, what should I write to the letter?

4. I am thinking about applying a 2-year college. Tuition is CAD18k per year. How much money do I need to show ?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I am in the express entry pool and waiting for a draw. I am thinking about applying for a study visa.

1. Should I mention about me being in the pool in the letter of intent?
2. Can IRCC see that I am in the pool?
3. If I should mention about the pool, what should I write to the letter?

4. I am thinking about applying a 2-year college. Tuition is CAD18k per year. How much money do I need to show ?

Thanks
1. No.
2. Yes
3. No

You need to pay first year tuition and then show a minimum of $10k cash. Having more cash to pay total tuition is best.

Reactions: wonderbly

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
1. No.
2. Yes
3. No

You need to pay first year tuition and then show a minimum of $10k cash. Having more cash to pay total tuition is best.
Thank you,
If they see that I am in the pool and if I don't mention this to them, would not it be a problem? I am confused.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you,
If they see that I am in the pool and if I don't mention this to them, would not it be a problem? I am confused.
It is two separate applications. For your study permit, you need to show strong ties to home country, education and career progression (better job opportunities in home country), travel history, funds and that you will leave at the end of the permit. VOs will know that you are trying to immigrate so that is why you need a strong profile based on the above. Need to show why spending tens of thousands of dollars - higher paying job etc. Stating that you don’t intend to leave Canada will lead to refusal.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
You are right, I need to persuade them about leaving Canada after study the permit expires. What I don't understand is that if they are able to see that I am in the pool, so they will know that I want to stay there permanently. so, won't this situation be a bad credit in the eyes of the visa officers? Should I include that I will leave as soon as the study permit expires and the PR is not given?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You are right, I need to persuade them about leaving Canada after study the permit expires. What I don't understand is that if they are able to see that I am in the pool, so they will know that I want to stay there permanently. so, won't this situation be a bad credit in the eyes of the visa officers? Should I include that I will leave as soon as the study permit expires and the PR is not given?
Like Naturgrl said above, these are 2 separate application streams. Moreover, being in the pool means nothing. Until you get an ITA and submit an application, you are not considered as having dual intent so no need to mention it in your SP application.

If you are worried about them seeing your EE profile, some people create a new GCKey account for their SP application. There's no rule against this and it won't affect your application.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
Like Naturgrl said above, these are 2 separate application streams. Moreover, being in the pool means nothing. Until you get an ITA and submit an application, you are not considered as having dual intent so no need to mention it in your SP application.

If you are worried about them seeing your EE profile, some people create a new GCKey account for their SP application. There's no rule against this and it won't affect your application.
Thank you