+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY VISA REFUSED***Pakistan

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Hi All,

My study visa was refused two years ago, when i applied to get diploma degree in Canada. Below were the following reasons:-
  • purpose of visit
  • employment prospects in country of residence
  • current employment situation
  • personal assets and financial status.
Now i am planning to apply again this years, but only this time its a Maters program. Can anyone tell me, if applying with master is gona help avoid all of the above points.
NOTE:- When i applied previously based on admission in diploma program, i already had a bachelors degree from my own country. And VISA officer might have thought that , why is he doing diploma when he already has a bachelor degree. Now this time i am going with Masters.

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Masters will improve only the first point. You still need to work on rest 3.
Come to think of it, i guess you are right.
I am already working as full time employee for past two years , so i guess that must take care of the 3rd point. And my parents will support me, so that should take care of 4th. BUT i don't know , how to avoid the 2nd point.
Can you give me some idea, how i can take care of 2nd point, and also how to make VISA officer think that I will come back to my home country . As i believe they also want to see, if the candidate will come back to his own country after completing study.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
2- get letter from employer that they will hire you once you are back with higher qualification. if not possible, at least find some advertisements offering position for your kind of job and explain in SOP that your prospect will improve upon completion of this degree.

4. You need to show property/asset in your name.

For more ties to home country, show family members/ business/job prospect on return.

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
2- get letter from employer that they will hire you once you are back with higher qualification. if not possible, at least find some advertisements offering position for your kind of job and explain in SOP that your prospect will improve upon completion of this degree.

For more ties to home country, show family members/ business/job prospect on return.
Thank you, your answer to the 2nd point is really helpful.

crystal4

Jun 28, 2017

Is the SOP required with the application?
I am wondering because it's not listed in the documents to be uploaded.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is the SOP required with the application?
I am wondering because it's not listed in the documents to be uploaded.
Your choice whether you include a SOP or not.