+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study then PR advice

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Hi
About to start a year of work through the Young Professional visa. Planning to do this for a year while saving up money to study,
then study nutrition or similar for a year here in Canada. I read that 1 year of studying gives you the chance of a 1 year work permit, so when I am done with the studies I figured I would apply for this and the PNP visa (skilled immigrant) as I would have 2 years of supervising experience in the country by then (thanks to Working holiday + YP).

Really want PR in Canada.
I just wanna make sure that this is a good way to go before I use my only YP and dedicate my money and the next 3 years to this.
So if anyone has anything to add, if theres anything I havent thought of etc please let me know!

Thanks
Jenn

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should take at least a 2 year program rather than a 1 year program. If you take a 2 year program then you will get a three year PGWP and this will give you more time to accumulate the work experience you need. What often happens is that people end up a few weeks short of the work experience they are looking for and then don't end up qualifying for PR.

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
scylla said:
You should take at least a 2 year program rather than a 1 year program. If you take a 2 year program then you will get a three year PGWP and this will give you more time to accumulate the work experience you need. What often happens is that people end up a few weeks short of the work experience they are looking for and then don't end up qualifying for PR.
Thanks. I already worked as a supervisor for 1 year on my Working holiday and then now 1 year on a YP so if do something similar while studying I will definitely have 2 years experience, otherwise Ill apply for ELSS where you only need 9 months.. was the plan. If I find a 2 year program I can afford Ill go for that tho!