+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit terminated

Adeelnk

Dec 8, 2017
Hi, i i just received an email stating that my study permit had been terminated with immediate effect. I'm very confused and scared. I have not violated any of my study permit conditions. The email doesn't state much else qsida from asking me to contact ircc at my earliest convenience. I'm not sure what to do. Please help. Thanks

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
The email doesn't state much else qsida from asking me to contact ircc at my earliest convenience. I'm not sure what to do.
Contact IRCC at your earliest convenience (or, frankly, inconvenience - do it as soon as possible).

Nobody here knows what's going on, but they do, and they've told you to contact them.

Adeelnk

Dec 8, 2017
Contact IRCC at your earliest convenience (or, frankly, inconvenience - do it as soon as possible).

Nobody here knows what's going on, but they do, and they've told you to contact them.
Thank you for replying. Do you think they'll just straight up ask me to leave Canada? Or give me an option to apply again?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Thank you for replying. Do you think they'll just straight up ask me to leave Canada? Or give me an option to apply again?
Depends entirely on what happened. If there's a minor clerical problem that'll be totally different than eg if you lied on your app then committed serious crime after arrival. Nobody here can possibly say. Only you can find that out, and you've got the tools to do so.

Adeelnk

Dec 8, 2017
Depends entirely on what happened. If there's a minor clerical problem that'll be totally different than eg if you lied on your app then committed serious crime after arrival. Nobody here can possibly say. Only you can find that out, and you've got the tools to do so.
I haven't lied on my application or commited any crimes. All i can think of is my not so good attendance percentage at my university over the last semester.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I haven't lied on my application or commited any crimes. All i can think of is my not so good attendance percentage at my university over the last semester.
Ah ok then maybe contact your university as well as IRCC given the university may have reported your lack of attendance to IRCC

Adeelnk

Dec 8, 2017
Ah ok then maybe contact your university as well as IRCC given the university may have reported your lack of attendance to IRCC
Going to the university's office first thing in the morning. Do you think CIC might be able to overturn their decision if given a proper explanation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Going to the university's office first thing in the morning. Do you think CIC might be able to overturn their decision if given a proper explanation?
No. If you haven't been properly attending your classes, you have been violating the terms of your study permit and it was correctly cancelled.

Adeelnk

Dec 8, 2017
I called IRCC in the morning, they said they have no record of any email sent to me and my study permit still shows as valid. However, the email i received was from a legit cic email address. I'm so confused.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I called IRCC in the morning, they said they have no record of any email sent to me and my study permit still shows as valid. However, the email i received was from a legit cic email address. I'm so confused.
What's the email address?