+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT STATUS HELP!

Roro75

Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone! I've been reading the forum for a couple of days but I don't know if this is the place to post this, I hope it's okay here (I also posted it in another category but later I thought here would be better).

I applied for a Student Permit on August 1st and an Open Work Permit for my husband. I'm going to study a Master's Degree on Digital Media, it's a pogramm by 4 different instutions in Canada (SFU, BC, BCInstitute of Technology & Emily Carr University of Art + Design). Now, my course begins Sept 4th and I have my flight booked for 28th Aug (I can change it, that's not a problem).

My Immigration Agent told me it takes 20-23 days to process and that right now it appears like this online:

Review of eligibility: Your app is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Additional documents: You do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your app is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Do you think it is likely I'll have before the 28th? They haven't asked for medicals or anything else and I'm very worried I'm not gonna have it in time for the 4th of September.
I'm applying from Spain and the processing time it says 3 weeks.

Thank you for your help!:)

FMAS

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hi everyone! I've been reading the forum for a couple of days but I don't know if this is the place to post this, I hope it's okay here (I also posted it in another category but later I thought here would be better).

I applied for a Student Permit on August 1st and an Open Work Permit for my husband. I'm going to study a Master's Degree on Digital Media, it's a pogramm by 4 different instutions in Canada (SFU, BC, BCInstitute of Technology & Emily Carr University of Art + Design). Now, my course begins Sept 4th and I have my flight booked for 28th Aug (I can change it, that's not a problem).

My Immigration Agent told me it takes 20-23 days to process and that right now it appears like this online:

Review of eligibility: Your app is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Additional documents: You do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your app is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Do you think it is likely I'll have before the 28th? They haven't asked for medicals or anything else and I'm very worried I'm not gonna have it in time for the 4th of September.
I'm applying from Spain and the processing time it says 3 weeks.

Thank you for your help!:)
What I can say from experience that countless applicants applied in April, May, June and July are still waiting despite the stated processing times of their countries.

I personally applied on 18th April and my classes start on 27th Aug but I am still waiting after 125 days.
Good luck!

Reactions: Indigrrl

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The processing time online is only really a guide. This time can change (more or less) depending on how many applications they have in. There is a big possibility you will not get this in time. I think you should have applied at least a month before you did to make sure. I applied for a study permit i 2015 from the UK and it took 6 weeks to be approved. I applied 3 months before I was due to start my course.

Reactions: Indigrrl and FMAS

Roro75

Aug 21, 2018
What I can say from experience that countless applicants applied in April, May, June and July are still waiting despite the stated processing times of their countries.

I personally applied on 18th April and my classes start on 27th Aug but I am still waiting after 125 days.
Good luck!
Oh well... then I hope you get it on time!

Reactions: FMAS

Roro75

Aug 21, 2018
The processing time online is only really a guide. This time can change (more or less) depending on how many applications they have in. There is a big possibility you will not get this in time. I think you should have applied at least a month before you did to make sure. I applied for a study permit i 2015 from the UK and it took 6 weeks to be approved. I applied 3 months before I was due to start my course.
There were a few reasons I had to wait for it and that's why we applied through a consultant agency. They told me it would be on time...

I'll have to talk to my University then.
Thanks for the answer!

Reactions: FMAS and russ6970