+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejected

yasirshahzad

Oct 6, 2012
Salam to Everyone,

I am from Pakistan and I lives in London, England for last 4 years and i am on PSW Visa. I have completed my Master Degree here in Information Technology and recently i have applied for Canadian Study Permit for One year certificate course in Networking for CDI College in Toronto Canada. Unfortunately my visa application is refused due to following reasons:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay, In reaching this decision, I considered several factors:

a) Your travel history
b) Your immigration history
c) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
d) Purpose of visit

I was quite surprised by that decision because i have explained everything in my Study plan that after completing my course i will return to my home country Pakistan as i have my whole family there.

I have attached the following documents with my application:

1. Study Plan (This document, Explanation and Details)
2. Fee Paid Receipt (ORIGINAL + Copy)
3. Self Addressed Envelope
4. Checklist Form (IMM 5483)
5. Application Form Filled and Signed
6. Family Information Form Filled and Signed
7. Misrepresentation Form Filled and Signed
8. Request of Police Certificate Form Filled and Signed
9. Passports (Both ORIGINAL + Copies)
10. Biometric Residence Permit (ORIGINAL + Copy)
11. Two Photographs (Name and Date of Birth at the Back)
12. Confirmed Offer Of Acceptance From Institute In Canada (ORIGINAL + Copy)
13. Enrolment Contract (Sent By College, ORIGINAL + Copy)
14. Enrolment Contract (Sent By College, ORIGINAL + Copy)
15. Proof of Sufficient Funds Available in Personal Account Last 4 Months Bank Statement (ORIGINAL + Copy)
16. Police Certificates (England and Pakistan, ORIGINAL + Copies)
17. All previous ORIGINAL Educational Documents (ORIGINAL + Copies)
18. Curriculum Vitae/Resume (Original + Copy)
19. Experience Letter from Employer (ORIGINAL + Copy)
20. CNIC Copies of Mother and Brother (Attested + Copies)
21. Birth Certificate – B Form (Attested + English Translation + Copy)
22. Affidavit of Support from Mother (ORIGINAL + Copy)
23. Affidavit of Support from Brother (ORIGINAL + Copy)
24. Affidavit of Income from Mother on Letter Head (ORIGINAL + Copy)
25. Affidavit of Income from Brother on Letter Head (ORIGINAL + Copy)
26. Pension Book - Mother (Attested + Copy)
27. Benevolent Fund - Mother (Attested + Copy)
28. Property Documents Mother Translation on Letter Head + Copy)
29. Property Documents Mother (Translation on Letter Head + Copy)
30. Property Documents Allotment Letter Mother ((Attested + Copy)
31. Property Documents Valuation Mother (Original Letter Head + Copy)
32. Property Documents Valuation Mother (Original Letter Head + Copy)
33. Property Documents Valuation Mother (Original Letter Head + Copy)
34. Property Documents Valuation Brother (Original Letter Head + Copy)
35. Property Documents Allotment Letter Brother (Attested + Copy)
36. Mark Sheet – National Council for Homoeopathy - Mother (ATTESTED + Copy)
37. Certificate of Registration– National Council for Homoeopathy- Mother (ATTESTED + Copy)
38. Certificate of Registration 2– National Council for Homoeopathy- Mother (ATTESTED + Copy)
39. Account Maintenance Certificate – Computerized Homoeo Clinic Mother (ORIGINAL + Copy)
40. Account Maintenance Certificate - Brother (ORIGINAL + Copy)
41. Statement of Account – Brother (ORIGINAL + Copy)
42. Death Certificate - Father (ATTESTED + Copy)
43. Death Certificate – Father (Translated in English + Copy)
44. Marriage Certificate Parents in Urdu (ATTESTED + Copy)
45. Marriage Certificate Parents (Translation in English + Copy)

Can anyone help me and explain me how can i satisfy VO that i will not overstay in Canada after end of my visa. How much the chances of getting visa if i reapply study permit???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OK - I'm going to be brutally honest with you. (And I was born in Canada so you're getting the Canadian point of view.)

CDI is a sub-part school with a very poor reputation. People go to CDI when they can't get into a real college like George Brown or Humber. It makes absolutely no sense to be taking a one year diploma from a school like CDI after you've completed your Masters. The only reason why someone would go to a school as bad as CDI after completing their Masters (or even a Bachelor's degree for that matter) is because they want to find a way to get to Canada and would like to stay long term. This is how CIC is looking at your situation.

Unfortunately you really picked the wrong school. You can certainly reapply - but I would definitely pick another school. I don't think CIC is going to approve you if you stick with CDI. You will also be wasting your money if you attend CDI (bad reputation, bad learning experience).

yasirshahzad

Oct 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your honest reply.

As i am not in Canada and one of my friend suggested me this school. Honestly i don't have any idea about this school and its reputation. Thanks a lot for this advice. Can you please suggest me any good institute offering courses in Information Technology in Toronto??

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Try one of the public colleges. George Brown, Humber, Centennial, Sheridan.

surinder1107

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
OK - I'm going to be brutally honest with you. (And I was born in Canada so you're getting the Canadian point of view.)

CDI is a sub-part school with a very poor reputation. People go to CDI when they can't get into a real college like George Brown or Humber. It makes absolutely no sense to be taking a one year diploma from a school like CDI after you've completed your Masters. The only reason why someone would go to a school as bad as CDI after completing their Masters (or even a Bachelor's degree for that matter) is because they want to find a way to get to Canada and would like to stay long term. This is how CIC is looking at your situation.

Unfortunately you really picked the wrong school. You can certainly reapply - but I would definitely pick another school. I don't think CIC is going to approve you if you stick with CDI. You will also be wasting your money if you attend CDI (bad reputation, bad learning experience).
Could u plz help me.............
As i was already rejected under SPP for Humber college , course- Global business Management(2 years)

Reason was:- Proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : your qualification, previous studies , employment, level of establishment, language abilities and your future prospects and plans.

Now, i want to reapply for University of Lethbridge - may,13 intake .
Course - Bachelor of Management as a second degree (In General Management) - 2years

My profile is;
10th- 42% (2005)
12th- 62% (2007)
B.com- 52% (2007 to 2010 in distance learning)
From 2010 to 2012 , i was working as a Unit Manager in IIPM college, managing the sales team n Co. targets (2.5 years of experience)

1. Uni. of Lethbridge - Reputation is good or bad?
2. Course which i have selected now - Is right for me or not?
3. If u have some samples of SOP's- do send it on my email address :- surinderpal_7@yahoo.com
4. If point no.1 n 2 is right , what are the my chances of getting visa?

Plz help me out..........................i ll b very thankful to you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. Sorry - I don't know anything about the University of Lethbridge
2. I think your course selection makes sense.
3. I have never written a SOP and unfortunately can't help.

saibruhaspathi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
scylla said:

hi

how about fleming college?? is it as bad as CDI!!!

thanks

surinder1107

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
1. Sorry - I don't know anything about the University of Lethbridge
2. I think your course selection makes sense.
3. I have never written a SOP and unfortunately can't help.
thanx alot for ur support :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
saibruhaspathi said:
hi

how about fleming college?? is it as bad as CDI!!!

thanks
Fleming is OK.

As a general rule - stay away from private colleges. Public colleges are better.

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
scylla said:

HI I have completed my undergrad in UK now now going to study postgrad diploma in Red River College, Winnipeg, Manitoba. So how about Red River College? Is it a good enough school for getting visa?