+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected...shud I apply under general category?

Vijay_VVG

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Hi all,

I recently got a study permit reject with the VO not satisfied with the course I chose... below is my profile
10th: 72
12th : 73
B.tech : 68 (6 backlogs)
Have around 7 years of experience in IT INDUSTRY
IELTS : L 8.5/RW 7 / S 8.. overall 7.5
Course applied : International systems business analysis @ GBC Toronto....it's a PGDC course
Gic and 1st semester fee paid

Now here's the thing...I can't apply for University cos of my backlogs and I don't think at this stage of my career I could afford to take a 2 yr break..so I've decided to apply for Project Management (PGDC) in the same college.....Need Ur inputs...Wat options am k I left with and wats the chance of getting a study permit?

zyan

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi all,

I recently got a study permit reject with the VO not satisfied with the course I chose... below is my profile
Course applied : International systems business analysis @ GBC Toronto....it's a PGDC course

Now here's the thing...I can't apply for University cos of my backlogs and I don't think at this stage of my career I could afford to take a 2 yr break..so I've decided to apply for Project Management (PGDC) in the same college.....Need Ur inputs...Wat options am k I left with and wats the chance of getting a study permit?
Mail date from cic?

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Please share your timeline, that helps others.

No matter what course you choose, you have to justify it in SOP in light of past degree, experience and future prospect in your career. Also you should explain why Canada, not other or home country.

You probably fall in general category, but wait for others to confirm.

Vijay_VVG

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Got rejected on June 7th...had applied on may 2nd... Actually I had mentioned the reason for choosing this course but still got rejected...few of my consultants say that if I change the course n reapply the VO will then reject it on other grounds...is that so?...wat shud be my next course of action?

HariKiran

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hi all,

which country and which vfs?

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
Got rejected on June 7th...had applied on may 2nd... Actually I had mentioned the reason for choosing this course but still got rejected...few of my consultants say that if I change the course n reapply the VO will then reject it on other grounds...is that so?...wat shud be my next course of action?
yes, you cannot change your course now. think practically, you have shown the VO that you want to do a course which is good for you and then he rejects your application and you change your course and apply again. this proves the VO that your main motto is to enter canada anyhow and not to study a particular thing.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
If you share your SOP with full profile and timeliness (may be in a separate thread), members can take look and help you to improve it. In any case, get CAIPS.

Vijay_VVG

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
yes, you cannot change your course now. think practically, you have shown the VO that you want to do a course which is good for you and then he rejects your application and you change your course and apply again. this proves the VO that your main motto is to enter canada anyhow and not to study a particular thing.
So wat options am I left with?

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
So wat options am I left with?
first thing is you should order CAIPS and follow that. if CAIPS say that course is not relevant then only you can change the course.

Vijay_VVG

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
first thing is you should order CAIPS and follow that. if CAIPS say that course is not relevant then only you can change the course.
Yes I have applied for caips...but as u said ..now if I change course n apply Wudnt that seem legitimate?..ie can vo now doubt my intent?....and the rejection reason I got was that the course din suit my profile ..so now can I assume that vo had no problem with my education gap...or if am Bonafide student etc?...cos I fear if reapply based on caips he may reject me on other grounds