+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused!!!! Twice!!!! Need help!!!!!!!!

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
Hi, everyone.

Timeline:
1st attempt on June, rejected.
Deferred my offer to Jan 2017
2nd attempt last week, rejected today. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Education history:
bachelor of Management Science

Work experience:
Video editor - intern for 1 year at college
Product Manager in an Internet company - 1 year
Planner in advertising - 2 years

Applied Offer:Interior Decorating Diploma

I know I know it's very hard for me to earn VO trust, so I worte a four pages SOP to explain why I choose this program:
1) my previous job mainly about online events promotion, so I have no experience in offline event projects
2) Got a chance to take part in an offline project - event decorating part, and this made me realize if i am interested in it and also if i wanna be a versatile event planner I have to learn how to hold a offline event
3) so i wanna start with being an event decorator
4) interior decorating covers event decoarting
5) diploma program is perfect for adults who wanna gain additional skills and it costs less

SO i guess this SOP is still farfetched and can't convince VO

You guys have any suggestions on my SOP???
So I can try the third time....

Thank you so much!

Ok Im gonna cry first.....

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
And I can only take diploma program because my IELTS score is only 6.0, and my GPA is 2.86

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
RAHUL503788 said:
Its very shocking to hear from you, could you please share your profile,so, that we cud reactify your concern..?

Like???? Cause I've already shared some.
Like I'm 26 years old single female??

RAHUL503788

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
I guess your study plan could not convince vo, as your profile seems complicated and your ielts score is quite less...
You need to apply again within a week and explain vo about the situation...

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
RAHUL503788 said:
I guess your study plan could not convince vo, as your profile seems complicated and your ielts score is quite less...
You need to apply again within a week and explain vo about the situation...
Thank you and yeah, I know my study plan is less convincing and my ielts score....
That's why I can only apply for diploma program.

So do you have some better suggestions to help me with my next study plan?
Thank you again..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your intended course of study is too far removed from your previous education and work experience. I'm not sure there's any possibility of approval until you're able to get a couple of years of work experience in the field first. The VO may also be having trouble understanding why you need to come all the way to Canada to take this diploma and can't take something similar in your home country.

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
scylla said:
Your intended course of study is too far removed from your previous education and work experience. I'm not sure there's any possibility of approval until you're able to get a couple of years of work experience in the field first. The VO may also be having trouble understanding why you need to come all the way to Canada to take this diploma and can't take something similar in your home country.
At first, thank you!
I explained in my letter that my country - China, doesn't have the equal program as Canada.

And BTW I think it's normal for a person to learn something new at any age, kinda of confused about it.
:( :( :( :( :(

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
I'm thinking....I should re-apply a PG program like global business management, which may be related to my previous job....

Will this be a good idea?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
DUNNO said:
I'm thinking....I should re-apply a PG program like global business management, which may be related to my previous job....

Will this be a good idea?
My personal view and others can comment that based on education and work experience sounds more reasonable given interior decorating course reads as though is designed to complement someone already in the interior design field which is not obvious based on your listed experience. One of the major things a VO looks for is whether a course is relevant and not just a course for the sake of where some people (not implying in your case) just try using to get a foothold in Canada. This approach also unfortunately catches applications where people are aiming at a change in career direction which may be perfectly genuine but given the number of applications the VO have to draw a line somewhere and as said vetting intentions is a big thing.

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
Bs65 said:
My personal view and others can comment that based on education and work experience sounds more reasonable given interior decorating course reads as though is designed to complement someone already in the interior design field which is not obvious based on your listed experience. One of the major things a VO looks for is whether a course is relevant and not just a course for the sake of where some people (not implying in your case) just try using to get a foothold in Canada. This approach also unfortunately catches applications where people are aiming at a change in career direction which may be perfectly genuine but given the number of applications the VO have to draw a line somewhere and as said vetting intentions is a big thing.

Thanks dude!

And now i'm really thinking of changing my offer to a business management PG program - aiming at being a director of planning in my future plan [and it is the truth]- which is relevant to my previous job, and also related to my degree - science of management

What do you think?