+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused, need advice.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi

@tapperb ur suggestion is requested,

I am planning to study in Canada LLM(Masters) or any Law related Graduate program. I have done my Bachelors in Engineering in 2004 and i have 11 years of Work exp into Software. I resigned my job and joined LLB (Bachelors) in India. Now i am in Final year. Do i have any chance to get student visa for doing LLM or any law related graduate program. or only MBA will be suitable. I have also applied for SINP and my score is 63, as my score is low i am planning for study permit. Will Visa officer consider my application by not taking into account of PR application. Is there any mismatch of course if i select Law. Please advice as this has great impact on my career.

Regards
Vijay
If you have a LLB Bachelor's then it will improve your chances greatly. You should definitely spend a lot of time on your SOP writing why a LLM would benefit your skillset and career trajectory. If you can do that then I think you have a great chance.

Reactions: Alwayssuccessful!

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
If you have a LLB Bachelor's then it will improve your chances greatly. You should definitely spend a lot of time on your SOP writing why a LLM would benefit your skillset and career trajectory. If you can do that then I think you have a great chance.
Good advice!

Vijay1983

Mar 27, 2020
Hi All,

@Alwayssuccessful! and @tapperb need ur valuable advise

I am planning for Master of Management in Crandall university in New Brunswick. Please advise regarding this university, is it good uni that has value to money for considering Masters overthere. Is Masters of Management and MBA same.

I also got admission from Uni of Canada West which has direct MBA program.

Need ur valuable suggestion regarding both universities.

Regards
Vijay

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi All,

@Alwayssuccessful! and @tapperb need ur valuable advise

I am planning for Master of Management in Crandall university in New Brunswick. Please advise regarding this university, is it good uni that has value to money for considering Masters overthere. Is Masters of Management and MBA same.

I also got admission from Uni of Canada West which has direct MBA program.

Need ur valuable suggestion regarding both universities.

Regards
Vijay
I don't how much those programs cost but they are not well known at all within Canada. Crendall is a Christian university and UCW has a poor reputation in BC. Master of Management is usually for younger candidates with less than 2 yrs of professional experience whereas MBA is for more seasoned professionals.

For Business/Commerce
Tier 1
Ivey Business School - University of Western Ontario
Smith School of Business - Queens University
Schulich School of Business-York University
Rotman School of Management - University of Toronto
Desautels Faculty of Mangement - McGill University
Sauder School of Business - University of British Columbia
University of Alberta
Tier 2
Degroote School of Business - McMaster University
University of Calgary
HEC Montreal - University de Montreal
Beedie School of Business - Simon Fraser University
University of Ottawa
Wilfred Laurier University
University of Victoria
FSA Laval - Universite Laval
Ted Rogers Business School - Ryerson Univerity
John Molson School of Business - Concordia University

Vijay1983

Mar 27, 2020
@tapperb , Thank you for quick response.

My profile is complicated as per my knowledge. I have completed Engineering in 2004 and have 11 years of SAP Software Consultant Experience, adding to this in 2018 i have joined in LLB due to my zeal towards Law, i am in final year now. Initially i thought of doing LLM, but as most of universities have Thesis based LLM for which finding a supervisor is next impossible as i have only 63%.

But i have 73% in Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and i have 11 years of exp, so i am planning for MBA as there is no course mismatch. But here my concern is study gap, i have 15 years of study gap. So my friend living in Canada suggested that , First secure admission in any university and keep it in hand and then apply for Good universities. Can i get admission with this study gap and without GMAT or GRE (as most of Universities ask for GRE or GMAT score) where as Uni of Canada west and Crandall uni didnot ask for both scores. Both these universities are private uni. Tuition fee is UCW- 35,000 CAD and for Crandall-- 27,000 CAD.

Note: I have shared my profile with u in this thread itself, for LLM enquire.

Adding to this i have created SINP OID profile in FEB 2020, will this be any red flag for applying study permit.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

My profile is complicated as per my knowledge. I have completed Engineering in 2004 and have 11 years of SAP Software Consultant Experience, adding to this in 2018 i have joined in LLB due to my zeal towards Law, i am in final year now. Initially i thought of doing LLM, but as most of universities have Thesis based LLM for which finding a supervisor is next impossible as i have only 63%.

But i have 73% in Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and i have 11 years of exp, so i am planning for MBA as there is no course mismatch. But here my concern is study gap, i have 15 years of study gap. So my friend living in Canada suggested that , First secure admission in any university and keep it in hand and then apply for Good universities. Can i get admission with this study gap and without GMAT or GRE (as most of Universities ask for GRE or GMAT score) where as Uni of Canada west and Crandall uni didnot ask for both scores. Both these universities are private uni. Tuition fee is UCW- 35,000 CAD and for Crandall-- 27,000 CAD.

Adding to this i have created SINP OID profile in FEB 2020, will this be any red flag for applying study permit.
No, SINP profile is not red flag. It will not affect your stupid permit. If they are not asking for GMAT or GRE then it is for a reason; their standards are very low. Check out the link in my signature for more options. There are plenty others that are better than the 2 you mentioned.

Vijay1983

Mar 27, 2020

@tapperb , I have created SINP OID profile and i have only 63 points, my chances are slim to get a PR. So i opted MBA. And forgot to tell u, i have a pending divorce case which i have filed ( i am the petitioner)in 2017. they didn't charged an criminal charges against me and we donot need to give fingerprints in court or in police station. My another quire adding to the above post is do this divorce case will become any hurdle for student visa. waiting for ur valuable insight.

regards

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
@tapperb , I have created SINP OID profile and i have only 63 points, my chances are slim to get a PR. So i opted MBA. And forgot to tell u, i have a pending divorce case which i have filed ( i am the petitioner)in 2017. they didn't charged an criminal charges against me and we donot need to give fingerprints in court or in police station. My another quire adding to the above post is do this divorce case will become any hurdle for student visa. waiting for ur valuable insight.

regards
Same situation did you identify what documents or how to get student visa if divorce is pending?

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
Hello
Glad to find an albanian in this forum.
I want to ask if you re-applied for the study visa. My study permit got refused two weeks ago.
My timeline is:
-Applied on 30 October
-Biometrics request on 1 November
-Biometrics done on 4 November
-Refused on 16 November

Refusals reasons:
-based on the purpose of visit
-personal assets and financial status
-travel history
-limited employment prospects in your country of residence
I applied with the help of a consultant. I am accepted at Centennial college for Business-Accounting. I have finished high school in June with 9,87 CGPA out of 10 and I have scored 6.5 in IELTS.
They refused me based on travel history and for me this is unfair. I have visited Germany twice for Christmas because my uncle and my aunt from my father’s side live there, and I have stayed two weeks both times. I have visited Italy and stayed there for one week to visit my uncle from my mother’s side.
For the limited employment I detached with my documents a contract with my sponsor (which is a family friend with large incomes) to work as an accountant after I finish my studies in Canada.
Personal assets and financial status- My sponsors are family friends( the best friends of my father). They have a construction company. I detached all the documents from them and their company and the reason for sponsoring me which is to work for them.
Now i have deferred my studies for Summer 2021 and I want to re-apply in March.
Can you please suggest me anything that can help to get approval for my study permit?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello
I want to ask if you re-applied for the study visa. My study permit got refused two weeks ago.
My timeline is:
-Applied on 30 October
-Refused on 16 November

Refusals reasons:
-travel history
I applied with the help of a consultant. I am accepted at Centennial college for Business-Accounting. I have finished high school in June with 9,87 CGPA out of 10 and I have scored 6.5 in IELTS.
They refused me based on travel history and for me this is unfair. I have visited Germany twice for Christmas because my uncle and my aunt from my father’s side live there, and I have stayed two weeks both times. I have visited Italy and stayed there for one week to visit my uncle from my mother’s side.
For the limited employment I detached with my documents a contract with my sponsor (which is a family friend with large incomes) to work as an accountant after I finish my studies in Canada.
Personal assets and financial status- My sponsors are family friends( the best friends of my father). They have a construction company. I detached all the documents from them and their company and the reason for sponsoring me which is to work for them.
Can you please suggest me anything that can help to get approval for my study permit?
So your permit was refused because you could not satisfy to immigration that you will leave Canada at the end ofyour temporary stay. I don't see how those documents you provided show otherwise.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
My timeline is:
-Applied on 30 October
-Refused on 16 November

Refusals reasons:
-travel history
You just graduated from high school and you applied to a Canadian college for accounting that is sponsored by family friends. If you have a job with them following graduation then why do you need to study accounting (based on Canadian accounting principle) in Canada. Limited employment prospects are a Canadian accounting program will not help you get a job in albania. You can study accounting in your home country for a lot cheaper and your family friend still hires you. You have no travel history. It is visas to countries like US, Australia and New zealand. Your personal assets are not yours or your family’s so that can be “pulled” at any time. You need to the funds, not a family friend.

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
You just graduated from high school and you applied to a Canadian college for accounting that is sponsored by family friends. If you have a job with them following graduation then why do you need to study accounting (based on Canadian accounting principle) in Canada. Limited employment prospects are a Canadian accounting program will not help you get a job in albania. You can study accounting in your home country for a lot cheaper and your family friend still hires you. You have no travel history. It is visas to countries like US, Australia and New zealand. Your personal assets are not yours or your family’s so that can be “pulled” at any time. You need to the funds, not a family friend.
Hi thanks for your reply,
I know many people,friends of mine that got the visa with the same conditions like mine.
I’m an exellent student and I wanted a Canadian diploma for better chances of employment. My sponsor wantes me to apply all the knowledge from the college in Canada. It was my dream to study abroad and after many choices I choose Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi thanks for your reply,
I know many people,friends of mine that got the visa with the same conditions like mine.
I’m an exellent student and I wanted a Canadian diploma for better chances of employment. My sponsor wantes me to apply all the knowledge from the college in Canada. It was my dream to study abroad and after many choices I choose Canada.
Ok. But you can’t compare your friends’ approvals to yours. Everyone has different profiles and offficers reviewing the files. Being an excellent is student is fine to get accepted to a college. If you are an excellent student then apply to a university not college in business - accounting. You need to afford some of your studies on your own or at least have a sponsor that is a family member. A family friend can easily stop paying. That is the issue with not having the funds. Do you have any funds? As for limited employment, taking a Canadian accounting course gives you limited prospects back home. You can take the program in your home country pertaining to Albanian laws.

Order your GCMS to see the full decision. Look at universities for business focusing on accounting if that is your goal. A 2 year accounting program gives you limited prospects as most accountants go to university, do post grad accounting & then work on their CA. Show some of your own funds (own savings, loan, local scholarships). The travel issue is if you can get approval for travel visa to the US, Canada or Australia...you have no travel history. All the best.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Ok. But you can’t compare your friends’ approvals to yours. Everyone has different profiles and offficers reviewing the files. Being an excellent is student is fine to get accepted to a college. If you are an excellent student then apply to a university not college in business - accounting. You need to afford some of your studies on your own or at least have a sponsor that is a family member. A family friend can easily stop paying. That is the issue with not having the funds. Do you have any funds? As for limited employment, taking a Canadian accounting course gives you limited prospects back home. You can take the program in your home country pertaining to Albanian laws.

Order your GCMS to see the full decision. Look at universities for business focusing on accounting if that is your goal. A 2 year accounting program gives you limited prospects as most accountants go to university, do post grad accounting & then work on their CA. Show some of your own funds (own savings, loan, local scholarships). The travel issue is if you can get approval for travel visa to the US, Canada or Australia...you have no travel history. All the best.
It is incorrect to say that applying for accounting after high school could be an issue. Income, I agree she needs to show good funds from herself or sponsor to qualify. Like you said, she needs to obtain the GCMS notes to see the full picture of why she was denied.

Applying to college in Canada after high school is the remotest reason why an applicant would be denied a study permit. You don't have to apply to a university before you can receive study permit, unless you were previously studying at a university in her country. If she already has an accounting degree from her country and now intends to apply to a college in Canada, then your point might be valid. Again, not having travel history may have nothing to do with her refusal if she is young in age. Agreed, if she had travelled to Canada or US before and returned that could improve her chances. However, applicants get approved without prior travel history. My niece applied to a college after high school and she was granted her study permit. Age is a factor. If EmA123 said is still in her early twenties, her chances are higher and a student who just graduated from high school should be within that age range.

Finally, I would advise you to DESIST from counselling anyone to stay in their country and study because she has better prospects there. You have no right whatsoever to make that decision for her. Her decision to travel to Canada for better education/studies and possibly a better life is absolutely personal; no one has the right to make the call whether she should or should not study in Canada, which is a country of immigrants, whether of generations past or recent generations. Leave the individual to make such personal decisions and not be a wet blanket to other people's dreams and aspirations. She came here for encouragement and advice as a young individual who has only had high school education and is desirous of pursuing further studies abroad. She should not be discouraged from chasing her dream!