+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refused before biometrics- Jan intake

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I received a final decision on my SDS application yesterday. My application was refused and the reason for refusal is “ I am not convinced that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay”.

The only thing I am wondering is that I did not even give my biometrics yet and my application was refused without biometrics. This is my first ever application to Canada for any visa and I have never given my biometrics in the past.

Since it was an SDS application, my tuition fee was already paid plus I had purchased $10k GIC and also showed $17,000 funds in my parents bank account.

Application filed- December 12th 2020
Decision- December 30th, 2020

Does anyone know if this is common for an application to be refused prior to biometrics.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can be refused at any point in the process. Order GCMS notes for full reasons. Is that all the refusal letter said?

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
You can be refused at any point in the process. Order GCMS notes for full reasons. Is that all the refusal letter said?
Yes, I am going to order Gcms notes.
The refusal letter said the following,

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.

hamza1995

Dec 28, 2019
tell us more about your situation, what s kind of paper you apply with your SOP? what s your home ties proofs? we have to understand what went bad to help you

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Yes, I am going to order Gcms notes.
The refusal letter said the following,

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements.
What is your highest level of education you completed and what program did apply for. It depends you might have been rejected due to that and also depends on your Letter of explanation too.

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
What is your highest level of education you completed and what program did apply for. It depends you might have been rejected due to that and also depends on your Letter of explanation too.
Highest level of education- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
Program applied for- 1 year Graduate Certificate in Project Management

I also have two years of experience in India as a Project Engineer and thought this certification course will look good in my resume and it will be easy to get a job in management position preferably in Canada or in India.
I believe this is the only reason of refusal as I applied for a 1 year certification program after having masters degree.
Let me know your thoughts..

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
tell us more about your situation, what s kind of paper you apply with your SOP? what s your home ties proofs? we have to understand what went bad to help you
Regarding home ties, I did not provide them any specific document. I only provided my parents account statement to show my financial ability. I do not have any property in my name or anything similar. What else could I have provided?

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020

I also have two years of experience in India as a Project Engineer and thought this certification course will look good in my resume and it will be easy to get a job in management position preferably in Canada or in India.
I believe this is the only reason of refusal as I applied for a 1 year certification program after having masters degree.
i think grad cert. is below masters. so it does not show career progression.
age?
ielts?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

You have a masters and project management is a one year course that can be taken anywhere, even online. So why canada? How does taking a Canadian certificate and spending all that money help your career in India. That is what the visa officer wants to know. How old are you? If you are over 30, you should be showing your own financial ties, not your parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: chakrat

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

Thats not a good course to take to prove that you are coming here for study purpose only and it's a big question and valid reason for rejection. Just an FYI if you are planning to come to Canada and get PR then do not go for 1 year course as you will get 1 year PGWP which is not enough. Always look forward for 2 years diploma like post graduate diploma. You can explain that on letter of explanation that you are looking for a career change and etc how you can convince the immigration officer.

Not sure who suggested you that course, it is always a no after you did masters. like you are going down the ladder rather than climbing.

Reactions: Naturgrl

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
I would say you didn't explain the purpose of your program selection., as Naturgrl says, in your SOP (Statement of purpose letter) you have demonstrate why that kind of program will add to your resume, already having a master degree., and why is important to you to do it in Canada. you could says something like that by having that certificate you are going to develop a international perspective of managing and that it is going to be useful in your professional career in your home country.

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I am rather thinking of applying for PR now (Express entry) as soon as I reach cutoff score.
Will this refusal have any negative impact on my Express entry application?