+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

Reejin0101

Oct 1, 2022
Hi , I got approval letter for my study permit extension and I haven’t get my permit yet. I am wondering that can I leave canada and re-enter with approval letter ? I have family issue in my country and I need to go back my country asap

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi , I got approval letter for my study permit extension and I haven’t get my permit yet. I am wondering that can I leave canada and re-enter with approval letter ? I have family issue in my country and I need to go back my country asap
You need a valid TRV to enter Canada, not study permit. Do you have a TRV?

danielsp

Jan 6, 2023
May I ask what was your timeline? When did you apply?

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021
May I ask what was your timeline? When did you apply?
I am in the same boat. I applied for extension on September 22nd, 2022. IRCC asked for my transcripts for all previous education in Canada and issued a deadline of December 30th. I have submitted the requested documents and still no update yet. I still think there is some hope as the processing time keeps fluctuating every week. Current processing time is around 128 days, but this waiting time is super frustating especially if you need to travel out of Canada like me.

danielsp

Jan 6, 2023
I am in the same boat. I applied for extension on September 22nd, 2022. IRCC asked for my transcripts for all previous education in Canada and issued a deadline of December 30th. I have submitted the requested documents and still no update yet. I still think there is some hope as the processing time keeps fluctuating every week. Current processing time is around 128 days, but this waiting time is super frustating especially if you need to travel out of Canada like me.
that is promising that they start your processing, it may takes up to one month after the deadline to get your permit, but definitely is is close for you. I hope they start the processing for me too! I applied on Oct 7 and my permit expires in a week. Please keep me posted if any change happened. It gives hope if they are moving forward.

danielsp

Jan 6, 2023
Did you get any update?

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021
Did you get any update?
Hi,
No update yet. I just checked my online account today and it says Profile Updated, but it still looks same after checking. I think this is called Ghost updates. Ghost updates occurs when VO seems to work or update one's file internally.
Let's hope that some good news can come soon. Processing time keeps increasing everyweek. It is now 140+ days to get study permit renewed lol?

Last edited:

danielsp

Jan 6, 2023
Hi,
No update yet. I just checked my online account today and it says Profile Updated, but it still looks same after checking. I think this is called Ghost updates. Ghost updates occurs when VO seems to work or update one's file internally.
Let's hope that some good news can come soon. Processing time keeps increasing everyweek. It is now 140+ days to get study permit renewed lol?
That's good news. Ghost updates indicates progress. I applied two weeks after you, but no updates yet.
The point is they have not started work on study permit extension applications yet . Last year in Jan, processing time was 120 days, which was a record in that time, but they started to work at the end of Jan and Feb, and the processing time decreased to 94 days in March 2022. So I hope the same thing happens this year too!

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021
That's good news. Ghost updates indicates progress. I applied two weeks after you, but no updates yet.
The point is they have not started work on study permit extension applications yet . Last year in Jan, processing time was 120 days, which was a record in that time, but they started to work at the end of Jan and Feb, and the processing time decreased to 94 days in March 2022. So I hope the same thing happens this year too!
Hello everyone,

I got my study permit approved today.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Cheeers