+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit accommodation explanation

vdaam

Mar 12, 2024
Hi, just wonder if it will be ok if I don’t have the proof of accommodation payment ready when submitting the study permit application?

My PGWP is expiring this September and I’m going to apply a new study permit inside Canada this April. I will renew the contract with my current landlord in August but they don’t want me to pay 1 year of rent in advance because they might sell the place soon next year (they are not too sure when it will happen either). I plan to enclose my current tenancy agreement + past invoices + past rent payments and explain that I have been living at this address for 5+ years and will pay when renewing in August. I have around 40k in my bank statement as well to cover the future accommodation payment. Would it be ok or questionable? Thanks!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, just wonder if it will be ok if I don’t have the proof of accommodation payment ready when submitting the study permit application?

My PGWP is expiring this September and I’m going to apply a new study permit inside Canada this April. I will renew the contract with my current landlord in August but they don’t want me to pay 1 year of rent in advance because they might sell the place soon next year (they are not too sure when it will happen either). I plan to enclose my current tenancy agreement + past invoices + past rent payments and explain that I have been living at this address for 5+ years and will pay when renewing in August. I have around 40k in my bank statement as well to cover the future accommodation payment. Would it be ok or questionable? Thanks!!
Are you single? How much is tuition and length? Masters/Phd?

vdaam

Mar 12, 2024

i got this... https://9apps.ooo/