Study permit 2023 (SDS and non-SDS) timeline

Engineer85

Jun 9, 2023
Hi all , my case

20 Apr 2023 Application received
21 Apr 2023 Biomentric letter
26 Apr 2023 Passed biometric
(Medical i passed before apply )
In Tracker Biometric is completed, Background check is in Progress.
They use to update my tracker once per 10 days, but this week they did it twice, but no visual changes.

Which category needs eligibility check?

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hi all , my case

They use to update my tracker once per 10 days, but this week they did it twice, but no visual changes.

where is your Visa Office ?

i applied on 19th April 2023, biometrics uploaded 24th April, Medical request by IRCC on May 8th & passed on 19th May, now waiting ever since medical passed, no other update yet. in tracker it shows all completed except background verification which is in progress ever since i submitted my application (non-sds). My visa office is Abu Dhabi.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hi all , my case

whats the status of your eligibility ? mine is completed before IRCC sent medical request.

Engineer85

Jun 9, 2023
What's the status of your eligibility? mine is completed before IRCC sent medical request.
The status is "not started" but i have doubts if i need it at all .
Medical i passed in advance, but status is "not started" even they received a medical certificate and confirmed it.

Engineer85

Jun 9, 2023
where is your Visa Office ?

i applied on 19th April 2023, biometrics uploaded 24th April, Medical request by IRCC on May 8th & passed on 19th May, now waiting ever since medical passed, no other update yet. in tracker it shows all completed except background verification which is in progress ever since i submitted my application (non-sds). My visa office is Abu Dhabi.
I applied online, no office . i Paid immigration company in Canada to take my case and they did all and applied online.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Everybody goes through eligibility, its basically the officer reviewing wether you tick all the boxes to apply for study permit and are in eligibile candidate regardless of any representative applying for you. if your eligibility status is not started that means an officer is yet to look into your case as of now.

Reactions: nino007

nino007

May 16, 2023
Hey @nino007 @toOttawa07 and anyone who is applying from China :)

We have sent our passports for stamping in the VAC in China and they have informed us that the stamping process in the Canadian Embassy with take 4 weeks plus 2 weeks for back-and-forth delivery of our passports. The total processing time will be around 6 weeks.

I just wanted to let you know so that you could take this processing time into account as well. If your PPRs are delayed any further, you might need to consider deferring your semesters.

Also, this might be the reason why our applications are taking this long - China. It seems that the processing of applications and passport stamping is really slow here as I have not seen such ridiculously long processing time for stamping in any other country. Please, somebody, correct me if I am wrong.
That’s a long time , considering the amount of time you’ve waited already.. I’m hoping mine comes soon so that I don’t have to defer because my course only starts in fall and I don’t wanna wait another year

Reactions: Vee1234 and parrots

nino007

May 16, 2023
Hi all , my case

Nothing much to say, you just need to keep waiting. Just wait for an email , that’s when something important has happened to your application

nino007

May 16, 2023
Everybody goes through eligibility, its basically the officer reviewing wether you tick all the boxes to apply for study permit and are in eligibile candidate regardless of any representative applying for you. if your eligibility status is not started that means an officer is yet to look into your case as of now.
Sometimes they already checked but it doesn’t update on your application. Most people see the changes the same day they are approved . Hope this helps

Reactions: Engineer85

Engineer85

Jun 9, 2023
But i have nothing to do with this kind of eligibility as mentioned on my Visa Tracker
I have to pass a 1-year course in Canada that's it.

As per sute
What does Eligibility mean?
We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class.

which spouse do they mean, which partner or child class? I am going alone to Canada and paying for myself.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
But i have nothing to do with this kind of eligibility as mentioned on my Visa Tracker
I have to pass a 1-year course in Canada that's it.

As per sute
What does Eligibility mean?
We’re making sure that you meet the requirements to be eligible for the spouse, partner or child class.

which spouse do they mean, which partner or child class? I am going alone to Canada and paying for myself.
thats just a general statement that we ALL get to see on our IRCC trackers under eligibility, that does not mean it is specific to your situation. As long as the course is more than 6 months, you NEED a study permit which means going through the eligibility process. as @nino007 said sometimes you might have cleared that stage but it does not reflect on your tracker and once you get approved, it does.

Reactions: Engineer85

Engineer85

Jun 9, 2023
thats just a general statement that we ALL get to see on our IRCC trackers under eligibility, that does not mean it is specific to your situation. As long as the course is more than 6 months, you NEED a study permit which means going through the eligibility process. as @nino007 said sometimes you might have cleared that stage but it does not reflect on your tracker and once you get approved, it does.
I think- could be , because medical exam I passed already but the status is "not started"

Bums

Jun 16, 2023
I think there should be an appropriate way of solving transfer of DLI...This reapplication process is the issue people face