+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit 2023 (SDS and non-SDS) timeline

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thank you @nino007 :) Everything got updated on our trackers for both my husband and me only on the day we received our OPRs. These updates are not accurate and my strong suggestion is to not pay the slightest attention to them.

Basically, you just need to get two emails from the IRCC - (1) confirming you submitted your application and (2) the decision letter. Everything in between does not matter, does not count and does not make any sense neither for GCKey nor for the tracker. Webforms do not work for status updates inquiries too.

Did your eligibility review change before getting ppr?

Last edited:
Reactions: nino007

nino007

May 16, 2023
Thank you @nino007 :) Everything got updates on our trackers for both my husband and me only on the day we received our OPRs. These updates are not accurate and my strong suggestion is to not pay the slightest attention to them.

Basically, you just need to get two emails from the IRCC - (1) confirming you submitted your application and (2) the decision letter. Everything in between does not matter, does not count and does not make any sense neither for GCKey nor for the tracker. Webforms do not work for status updates inquiries too.
Everything makes sense, thanks

Reactions: parrots

toOttawa07

Nov 4, 2022
China
Category........
STUDY
Thank you @toOttawa07! Waiting for some great news from you next! ;)
Hi, @parrots @nino007
I got updated today
Here is my full timeline:
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - May 25, 2023
Submission Confirmation - May 25, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 26, 2023
Biometrics Completed - Jun 2, 2023
Review of medical results - June 5, 2023
Correspondence Letter - June 8, 2023
Original Passport Request - June 8, 2023

See you in Canada

Reactions: parrots and nino007

nino007

May 16, 2023
Hi, @parrots @nino007
I got updated today
Here is my full timeline:
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - May 25, 2023
Submission Confirmation - May 25, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 26, 2023
Biometrics Completed - Jun 2, 2023
Review of medical results - June 5, 2023
Correspondence Letter - June 8, 2023
Original Passport Request - June 8, 2023

See you in Canada
Wow, that’s great !! Congratulations

Reactions: toOttawa07

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @nino007 @toOttawa07 and anyone who is applying from China :)

We have sent our passports for stamping in the VAC in China and they have informed us that the stamping process in the Canadian Embassy with take 4 weeks plus 2 weeks for back-and-forth delivery of our passports. The total processing time will be around 6 weeks.

I just wanted to let you know so that you could take this processing time into account as well. If your PPRs are delayed any further, you might need to consider deferring your semesters.

Also, this might be the reason why our applications are taking this long - China. It seems that the processing of applications and passport stamping is really slow here as I have not seen such ridiculously long processing time for stamping in any other country. Please, somebody, correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: nino007

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Oh @toOttawa07! Just saw your post! Congratulations! :D Please, let me know how it will be going with your passport stamping. Will you get the same information we did?