+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study gap of 9 years !!

mayur1990

Nov 20, 2017
Hey !!

i somebody could guide me through !! i consulted a consultancy for a study visa in Canada but he told me that i have a gap of more than 5 years so i cannot apply for Canada, can somebody please throw some light on this and share some consultant details who can help me with the process.

Thanks !!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I got a study visa after being out of school/college for 20 years so it certainly is not impossible. Where are you from and what is your education profile?

mayur1990

Nov 20, 2017
I got a study visa after being out of school/college for 20 years so it certainly is not impossible. Where are you from and what is your education profile?
I am from India (New Delhi) and my consultant told me that the rules are changed this year due to which i cannot get a study visa now. Not sure of the authenticity though !! Can you help me with the latest updates on visa formalities?

gorukh

May 30, 2017
It is advisable to have a gap less than 5 years for the visa success rate, although you can apply for a student visa if you can prove your study purpose via strong SOP. You should be able to convince the visa officer that you have strong ties in your home country and will return after study.

Secondly, selection of course is an essential element for visa success rate , so avoid any course from college and aim for university only. One of my friends with 6 years of work experience applied for MBA course form university and got visa this year only.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I agree with the strong ties part. I have a house in the UK, so mentioned that. I don't necessarily agree with the second part though. I got a study permit that was a diploma in IT from a public college, but course has to be seen to advance your career.

gorukh

May 30, 2017
Yes,an applicant can acquire study visa with college course also, I just recommended University to be on safe side as Uni course are less liked to face rejection in comparison to colleges.

Reactions: russ6970

Punam AECC

Aug 7, 2017
Hyderabad
It is advisable to have a gap less than 5 years for the visa success rate, although you can apply for a student visa if you can prove your study purpose via strong SOP. You should be able to convince the visa officer that you have strong ties in your home country and will return after study.

Secondly, selection of course is an essential element for visa success rate , so avoid any course from college and aim for university only. One of my friends with 6 years of work experience applied for MBA course form university and got visa this year only.

I agree with you!!! Programs selection should be more and very important role in canada. Sometimes student with good profile and wrong programs received visa rejection. So, nothing matter with age gap or having more work experience, matter is which program you are going to choose and how it will helpful for your career.