+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study and work permit with assault charge

Oct 21, 2020
Hi,
Iam an Intenational PhD student in canada. I have been charged with assault and uttering threatening to my roomate. The charge is resolved by absolute discharge. My question is regarding my study permit extension in future and work permit, will I be able to go with my immigration process without a problem if I declare every thing when filling the forums?

Thanks,
Ahmed

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
If you don’t misrepresent anything in your future applications, it won’t affect you if the case against you was resolved. Maybe they might ask for PCC. Anyway double check it with the other sections of this forum.

Oct 21, 2020
If you don’t misrepresent anything in your future applications, it won’t affect you if the case against you was resolved. Maybe they might ask for PCC. Anyway double check it with the other sections of this forum.

Thanks you very much for you reply, my PCC is clean as I dont have any criminal history except this charge. But any way I will check a gain. Thanks

Pkumar9

Nov 28, 2019
Hi,
Iam an Intenational PhD student in canada. I have been charged with assault and uttering threatening to my roomate. The charge is resolved by absolute discharge. My question is regarding my study permit extension in future and work permit, will I be able to go with my immigration process without a problem if I declare every thing when filling the forums?

Thanks,
Ahmed
Hi ahmed,

do you have any updates over your case because i am in similar situation and wondering if an absolute discharge effect my PR application.
Please let me know if you have any knowledge about this thank you

Oct 21, 2020
Hi ahmed,

do you have any updates over your case because i am in similar situation and wondering if an absolute discharge effect my PR application.
Please let me know if you have any knowledge about this thank you
As long it's not conviction, your application will never be affected, discharge is not a conviction