+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa Query (Transcripts)

jitesh.m

Aug 29, 2022
Hello!
I've been working on applying for my MBA for 2023 intake. I'm 31 and I graduated in 2012, the issue I'm facing is that I do not have all my bachelor's mark-sheets. I applied for duplicate ones in June, but unfortunately my college has not been able to trace them. I do have my graduation certificate though, along with mark-sheets for two semesters.

The university is willing to grant me acceptance on basis of my work experience provided i take the 3 month foundation course prior to the MBA. I am concerned about the Visa process though. Is there any chance A student visa is considered without bachelor degree transcripts ?

Thank you in advance !

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Yes, you do need the academic transcripts especially when you're applying for an MBA. You should have contacted your University as colleges do not care about such things. If you're trying for Jan 2023 then it's already too late if you don't have your transcripts by your side. If you apply under SDS, then you'll see a specific mandatory section for uploading transcripts so you do need to have them else the application will get rejected stating "missing mark sheets" as the reason. Contact your local University and I am sure you'll be able to get the duplicate mark sheets.

Additionally, I'd suggest looking for other Unis as well because UCW kind of has a bad rap.

Reactions: RamSatt

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
While UCW/Colleges might overlook missing marksheets, by asking you to do a foundation course and taking your work experience into consideration, they are disregarding all your credits. This will be a problem when you apply for the study permit, as @anuragipushp mentioned. That is risky.