+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student visa but my husband on pr

Saikrn

Aug 12, 2021
My husband is a PR in canada but cannot sponser me due to some issues. So i want to come there as an individual non immigrant. I already have visitor visa. So, is it legal for me to come there (Canada) on visitor visa and apply for student visa? Is there a rule that i cannot apply from inside Canada because my husband is a PR?
What are the chances of approval knowing my husband is a PR?
Ps- i got my visiting visa approved without any issues
I do have a strong masters and USA job experience and valid work visa which i can use to go back to USA

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My husband is a PR in canada but cannot sponser me due to some issues. So i want to come there as an individual non immigrant. I already have visitor visa. So, is it legal for me to come there (Canada) on visitor visa and apply for student visa? Is there a rule that i cannot apply from inside Canada because my husband is a PR?
What are the chances of approval knowing my husband is a PR?
Ps- i got my visiting visa approved without any issues
I do have a strong masters and USA job experience and valid work visa which i can use to go back to USA
You can but your study permit is not processed in Canada and you have to prove ties to home country. Your ties are weak if your husband is PR and you are visiting in Canada. You need a program that builds on your Masters degree.