Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hello All,

I have received an admission letter from a Canadian university for an MBA program. I want to also take my wife along as a dependent but on open work permit.
Can you please let me know if applying for an open work permit enough for her or does she also need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa.
Also is it better to apply together or separate.
Let me know if there are any other things to be considered.
Also does someone have the list of documents that should be attached with application.

Awaiting for your early reply to start the visa process.

Best Regards,
Raman.

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Hey Raman,

Always nice to see ,someone in same situation. Even I m in same boat.

"Can you please let me know if applying for an open work permit enough for her or does she also need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa."

As far as I know, the student permit application has an option for you to select only "TRV" or Open work permit for spouse. Please download the applicaiton form and verify.

Regarding the rest of your questions, even I m waiting for those answers..let c someone fom seniors would help us in this...

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hi,

I filled the form for student visa(IMM1294) and I do not see any option to select anything for my wife in that one. In addition I am filling the family form where I have to declare the family members and check which one will be accompanying me and in this case my wife.
Additionally for her I am planning to fill the work permit form (IMM1295) and there selecting Open work permit in Page 2, section - details of Intended work in Canada, question 1.

Let me know if this is what you were referring to.

Which course are you going for and from which university. How much money are you planning to show in your account.

Regards,
Raman.

Sep 3, 2014
Hi,
I am also in the same situation but in my case I want to take my kid (2 years old) and my husband . I just want to know what all documents I need and how much funding should I show for both?

I heard that getting visa for kid is not possible plz help me out what are all the possible way to accompany my kid with me

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hi Nishetha,

Welcome to the club. We are still waiting for help and guidance.
Seniors and experienced couples please help us.

Thanks,
Regards.

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Nishetha, Raman,

even I m planning to move with 5 month baby from USA.

Latest Updates from me...

I just want to know what all documents I need and how much funding should I show for both? => all the info is available, to reduce your burden, let me give you in brief..

1. Acceptance letter from college / Univ

2. Proof of funds ( 1st semester fee receipt, and 10,000 CAD for yourslef , plus 3K for one dependant each

3. when u have the above ready , then actually when u start applying online, you will across exact forms, needed to include your study permit, your spouse / dependants [ In my case, I have to include only my wife, becuase my son is USA citizen and he doesnt need visa, as per online, I am confirming on this )

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
hey..
I landed to Canada just yesterday on student visa and my husband will be coming in two months on TRV.. this is the best option as it takes only 1 month for trv processing.. one of my friends husband took lawyers advice and she has been suggested the same thing.. so I am going to send a few documents from here and he will proceed for for his application.

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Momars09,

First of all congrts. Thanks for taking time and helping others in same situation. I dont think I use the way you suggested becuase my wife is applying study permit and I am apply Open work permit as spouse. She cant go alone before me, as we have 6 months baby. May be we have apply togehter or apply her visa, wait for its approval and then apply mine...Please suggest us in this situation..

imp note : We are applying from USA.

AhmedHamdiMansi

Jul 31, 2014
I got accepted for a study program at UoC.
In one application, togather, I applied for a student visa for myself and an open work permit for my wife.
We proved that we have enough financials and we got out visas.
I came a week ago to check the house and arrange everything, she is joining me in 2 weeks time.

All the best, guys.

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Great...Congrats and wish you both good luck..

Thanks for sharing your experience..

Can you please tell from where did u apply , I mean which country ?

Also can you please help us with confirmed lists of checklist, and exact Forms, Canada immigration website and my visa center website and taking me on roller coaster..round and round but nothing in detail and simple..very confusing..

Request you to please help me on this..Thanks in advance..

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Momars09,

Your husband already got TRV visa. You (study permit) and your husband (TRV) applied visa in the same time and both of you got visa ? is it correct?

Tks, Thang

momars09 said:
hey..
I landed to Canada just yesterday on student visa and my husband will be coming in two months on TRV.. this is the best option as it takes only 1 month for trv processing.. one of my friends husband took lawyers advice and she has been suggested the same thing.. so I am going to send a few documents from here and he will proceed for for his application.

Mosal

May 27, 2014
coolraman said:
Hello All,

I have received an admission letter from a Canadian university for an MBA program. I want to also take my wife along as a dependent but on open work permit.
Can you please let me know if applying for an open work permit enough for her or does she also need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa.
Also is it better to apply together or separate.
Let me know if there are any other things to be considered.
Also does someone have the list of documents that should be attached with application.

Awaiting for your early reply to start the visa process.

Best Regards,
Raman.
Its better to apply together as one unit. Your spouse should apply for OWP, chances are high but can't predict. Encourage to apply online so you will automatically get complet docs checklist. Keep your financial strong to support your studies and other expenses. Show ties to home country and explanation letter should be well define.

Mosal

May 27, 2014
Nishetha theertha said:
Hi,
I am also in the same situation but in my case I want to take my kid (2 years old) and my husband . I just want to know what all documents I need and how much funding should I show for both?

I heard that getting visa for kid is not possible plz help me out what are all the possible way to accompany my kid with me
Apply for OWP for your spouse and dependent visa (TRV) for your kid. Min funding requirement you have to show appox fee+25K$

Mosal

May 27, 2014
luckyBoy said:
Momars09,

First of all congrts. Thanks for taking time and helping others in same situation. I dont think I use the way you suggested becuase my wife is applying study permit and I am apply Open work permit as spouse. She cant go alone before me, as we have 6 months baby. May be we have apply togehter or apply her visa, wait for its approval and then apply mine...Please suggest us in this situation..

imp note : We are applying from USA.
It would be advisible to apply together as you have strong case of your baby cant live without mother.

Sep 3, 2014
Thank you mosal u gave me a clear idea tht hw much I need to show in the bank . What if I apply trv after getting my visa is tht possible?