Student Permit and SOP

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi,
my brother is in his last semester of Masters from Pakistan in Insurance and risk management, his age is 32, married with two kids.
I want to apply for student permit for him, i learned a lot from this group and filed mine and my sister's PR case and now we both are Permanent Resident.
I need the clue, i am scared because of high refusal rate from Pakistan. I need guidance about choosing the right program for him, help in writing SOP (as it is very important).
I will highly appreciate if anyone can guide me in this regard.

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
my brother is in his last semester of Masters from Pakistan in Insurance and risk management, his age is 32, married with two kids.
I want to apply for student permit for him, i learned a lot from this group and filed mine and my sister's PR case and now we both are Permanent Resident.
I need the clue, i am scared because of high refusal rate from Pakistan. I need guidance about choosing the right program for him, help in writing SOP (as it is very important).
I will highly appreciate if anyone can guide me in this regard.

Regards,
He would be applying for the study permit himself. You would not be applying for him.

Since he is completing a master's now, he should be coming to Canada to either complete another related master's or PhD (that would be better). He will want to make sure this is at a public university (not private) - ideally top ranked. Since both you and your sister are PR, this will increase the chances that IRCC will think his primary reason for coming to Canada is to remain long term. So he will need to select a strong program of study. He should also show he can sponsor both his living expenses and tuition himself.

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
He would be applying for the study permit himself. You would not be applying for him.

Since he is completing a master's now, he should be coming to Canada to either complete another related master's or PhD (that would be better). He will want to make sure this is at a public university (not private) - ideally top ranked. Since both you and your sister are PR, this will increase the chances that IRCC will think his primary reason for coming to Canada is to remain long term. So he will need to select a strong program of study. He should also show he can sponsor both his living expenses and tuition himself.
Thank you so much for your detailed response, which program can be suitable for him as i heard that the intended program should be linked with educational background. He is doing MBA in insurance and risk management, so what can be a better program for him? can he get something in Manitoba or Saskatchewan? he will not be interested in PhD, his GPA is also not so high.
He will apply alone without his wife and kids.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your detailed response, which program can be suitable for him as i heard that the intended program should be linked with educational background. He is doing MBA in insurance and risk management, so what can be a better program for him? can he get something in Manitoba or Saskatchewan? he will not be interested in PhD, his GPA is also not so high.
He will need to research to find a suitable program. Yes, the program should be related to his education and past work experience. It should be at a master's level.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Roes his wife work? Do they have the finances to support his international studies plus his family’s living expenses? If not it will be very tough to justify his need to study abroad especially with a low GPA and with 2 siblings with PR in Canada. Would suggest focusing on economic immigration or ICT if he works for a large well known multinational. That may be a better option if he doesn’t want to do a PhD.

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
He will need to research to find a suitable program. Yes, the program should be related to his education and past work experience. It should be at a master's level.
if he selects a masters program, can he change it later if he comes to canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if he selects a masters program, can he change it later if he comes to canada?
If he wants to switch schools immediately after arriving in Canada, then he needs to apply for a new study permit and IRCC will assess his application again. If he doesn't want to apply for a new study permit, then he needs to complete one semester with his original school before switching.

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Roes his wife work? Do they have the finances to support his international studies plus his family’s living expenses? If not it will be very tough to justify his need to study abroad especially with a low GPA and with 2 siblings with PR in Canada. Would suggest focusing on economic immigration or ICT if he works for a large well known multinational. That may be a better option if he doesn’t want to do a PhD.
no his wife doesn't work, but my mother will sponsor his family's expenses. what is ICT? can you please guide me? i am asking him to prepare and appear in IELTs. i don't think so that his company is multinational.

Emaan Asad

Jun 18, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
If he wants to switch schools immediately after arriving in Canada, then he needs to apply for a new study permit and IRCC will assess his application again. If he doesn't want to apply for a new study permit, then he needs to complete one semester with his original school before switching.
thank you scylla you are so knowledgeable. can u plz guide me regarding writing SOP for study permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you scylla you are so knowledgeable. can u plz guide me regarding writing SOP for study permit?
I don't have any experience with that.