Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jpadz said:
Hi nix!
I am sorry for the wrong information. I mistyped it. It should appear xxxx-xx-0413, which means that it has a 10-digit file number. In the email, they also stated that its an employee file no. The same question popped out in my mind when I received the email because we are not employees of Alberta.
I believe they revised the letter if what you received is just a 6-digit file number.
Anyways, I don't think that is something to be worried about. I am pretty confident that the revision is for the betterment of the H1B Program.
So, sit back...relax...and enjoy a movie! :)
Thanks jpadz.

My concern was that the file number format was different for me and they also call it different name (file reference number) than what I have normally seen on this forum (employee file number). So, I was just worried if somebody from the AINP decided to just send me a random number. I hope they would not do that and everything is ok.

As you have said, I am going to relax and probably going to enjoy a nice movie tonight if there is no good basketball game on TV. Thanks again.

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
RagsIyer,

Thanks for your information.

I am in NJ. will try to get more info from indian consulate here.

Is that finger printing is required for family members also? wife and kid?

Thanks

RagsIyer

Dec 10, 2008
Check this :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Section "Who needs a police certificate?"

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Seljem,

This is what i had to do. I applied in Chicago:

Stage 1:

1. Miscellaneous Services form, duly filled in and signed (no column be left blank).

2. Notarised copy of passport (first three & last two pages) – DO NOT SEND PASSPORT AT THIS STAGE.

3. Proof of residence i.e. copy of utility bill or Dr Licence or Lease Deed etc

4. Referal Fee: $ 20/- (for seeking clearance from Passport Issuing Authority) – only in cases where passport has been issued from a place other than Chicago. This fee is not charged if the Passport has been issued from Chicago more than 5 years ago. However if the passport issued from Chicago is less than 5 years old, the referral fee is required.

5. Mailing Fee: Express Mail: $ 20/-; Priority mail: $10/- OR adequately stamped self addressed envelope for return of documents. No tracking numbers are furnished for Priority Mail and SASE

Stage 2

Misc Services form duly filled in and signed, clearly indicating the reason of seeking PCC i.e. for immigration to…… etc etc.
Passport in original – for making an observation of having issued PCC.
Fee : $ 20/- for making observation at 2 above.
Mailing Fee: Express Mail: $ 20/- (plus $ 2/- for each addl ppt); Priority mail: $10/- (plus $2/- for each addl ppt)
Processing time: Stage 1: 50 days from the date of receipt of application in the Consulate Stage 2: In person: same day
By mail: 2 to 3 weeks from the date of receipt of Passport in the Consulate

NOTE: While mailing application for first stage, envelope containing application should be clearly marked in bold letters: “Application for PCC”. It will help if e-mail address is indicated on the Misc Services form so as to establish contact, if required. As soon as clearance is received, applicant is intimated for commencing the second stage. PCC is issued within 10 w/days from the date of receipt of Passport in the Consulate. Envelope containing documents for the 2nd stage should be clearly marked in bold letters : “FOR PCC” No queries entertained before the expiration of processing period indicated above.

seljem said:
Thanks to everyone sharing the info and this is really helpful understand the process..

After reading the few previous posts about Police Certificate/FBI and already 30 days completed after sending the AINP application (they mentioned 40-60 days for processing period), decided to post this query here to get more help on this.

1) Did anyone get Police certificate from India (home country).. If yes what is best method or process to follow?? I found in this forum as two methoed a) go there in person and get it (this requires travel and time consumption) b) is it possible to get it from Indian Embassy or consulate here??

2) Since living here on h1 for the 3 years, do i need to get Police Certificate in US also ?? or is the same one as FBI.

3) Little confused.. FBI is the separate process do we need to send irrespective of Police certificate from home country and present living country.

4) Actually after reading few pots in this forum, realized that made a mistake of mentioned the proff of funds as just $5,000
for a family (myself, wife and kid) in form which is sent along with AINP application. Is that that will give any negative impression to get Nomination certificate or i can able to correct it when i send CIC form..??

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

rambalu80

Dec 7, 2008
Those who have received invitation to apply to AINP and have done so already:

Apart from the application forms, are there any other documents that must be sent to AINP? If so, what are they?

Thanks for the responses.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
rambalu80 said:

Apart from the application forms, are there any other documents that must be sent to AINP? If so, what are they?

I guess you received the invitation. I am sure there is a check list of items to be sent.
Educational documents, certifications,passport pages, employment letter, recent pay stubs all notarized that pretty much what I sent.
HTH

rambalu80

Dec 7, 2008
bendjoe said:
rambalu80 said:

I guess you received the invitation. I am sure there is a check list of items to be sent.
Educational documents, certifications,passport pages, employment letter, recent pay stubs all notarized that pretty much what I sent.
HTH
Well, I haven't received the invitation yet. I submitted the pre-assessment documents by e-mail and got confirmation on 12/08/08. The e-mail said pre-assessment could take up to 4 months and while I wait to hear back, I would like to get prepared for the AINP application.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
rambalu80 said:
Well, I haven't received the invitation yet. I submitted the pre-assessment documents by e-mail and got confirmation on 12/08/08. The e-mail said pre-assessment could take up to 4 months and while I wait to hear back, I would like to get prepared for the AINP application.
Here are the things that I can think of:
1). Original letter of invitation (in the package). Of course make photocopy and keep it for your own record.
2).Certified/Notarized copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members showing the passport basic info. (Passport#, issue date, expire date, country of nationality, etc). All the information usually comprise on 2 pages.
3). Certified/Notarized copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training related to the under NOC you applied.
Also enclose your spouse credentials.
4). Certified/Notarized copy of any membership in any professional association and/or license. (If applicable against your NOC #)
5). Job description from your current employer in the US. (With job title, duties/responsibilities, etc...)
6). I would recommend you to send employment offer letter and recent pay stub to avoid future query since it seems like they have been asking.
Once you are ready to mail the AINP application to Alberta, make sure to adhesive green label as instructed. you can mail your documents through FedEX($40 takes 3 days), some cases for overnight ($75) and USPS Express mail ($23.95 takes 4 days).

Things you not need worry now:FBI fingerprint and police report from the countries since 18 yr and if you stayed over 6 months in each and every country.
Note: you can start work on your police report if your resided more than one country since your 18 bday. Process could take weeks or months.
No photograph needed to apply for AINP.
No proof of funds statement needed.
Hope it gives a clear vision.
Good Luck!

rambalu80

Dec 7, 2008
findude32 said:
Here are the things that I can think of:
1). Original letter of invitation (in the package). Of course make photocopy and keep it for your own record.
2).Certified/Notarized copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members showing the passport basic info. (Passport#, issue date, expire date, country of nationality, etc). All the information usually comprise on 2 pages.
3). Certified/Notarized copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training related to the under NOC you applied.
Also enclose your spouse credentials.
4). Certified/Notarized copy of any membership in any professional association and/or license. (If applicable against your NOC #)
5). Job description from your current employer in the US. (With job title, duties/responsibilities, etc...)
6). I would recommend you to send employment offer letter and recent pay stub to avoid future query since it seems like they have been asking.
Once you are ready to mail the AINP application to Alberta, make sure to adhesive green label as instructed. you can mail your documents through FedEX($40 takes 3 days), some cases for overnight ($75) and USPS Express mail ($23.95 takes 4 days).

Things you not need worry now:FBI fingerprint and police report from the countries since 18 yr and if you stayed over 6 months in each and every country.
Note: you can start work on your police report if your resided more than one country since your 18 bday. Process could take weeks or months.
No photograph needed to apply for AINP.
No proof of funds statement needed.
Hope it gives a clear vision.
Good Luck!
Many thanks findude! Excellent information, it certainly helps!

I already have an FSW application, check cashed and no AOR for 5 months now. So I kinda know the last stage with the CIC. I just wanted to be prepared and not waste much time on getting the nomination.

Thanks again!

akk

Sep 2, 2008
After you get your PNP....
How long does it take to apply and receive the PR from CIC?
What happens if you apply from US, and then your visa expire and your employer do not want to extend it for you (crise reasons or whatever..)? Can you transfer your process to your home country?

Or how about that.. You are in the middle of cic process, you find a job in canada, you apply for temporary work visa and you get it. Can you transfer the cic process to Canada?

Just an explanation...Keep having the process in US is not an option..because without visa it will be not possible to come back, and I doubt that any consulate will give a tourist visa to someone that just went back to home country (or canada) after living years here (in us)....

Share your ideas, thanks,
Akk

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Funny you asked this question... I sent an email to Alberta program asking is I could file my case in my home country (I have same fear regarding layoffs, extension)... this is what they told me

"So long as you inform the CIC Visa Office of where you are and how to contact you, then they can inform you of how your application will proceed.
The CIC Visa Office may choose to transfer your application from Buffalo to your home country; however, you should make your initial application to Buffalo as instructed by the AINP Office.
It should be noted that the Canadian visa office in your home country may take a little bit longer to process your permanent residence application, than if all your documentation were submitted to the Buffalo office."

For the second question... yes if you find a job in Canada you can continue your process in Buffalo... no problem at all.. you do not need to transfer it to Canada..

In any case I might be tempted to think that US would deny a tourist visa if you go out of the country on time, etc... and when you request the visa you show that you are just coming to stamp your PR..... but this is not the rule and when issuing visas they can deny it with no reason....

Good luck!

akk said:
After you get your PNP....
How long does it take to apply and receive the PR from CIC?
What happens if you apply from US, and then your visa expire and your employer do not want to extend it for you (crise reasons or whatever..)? Can you transfer your process to your home country?

Or how about that.. You are in the middle of cic process, you find a job in canada, you apply for temporary work visa and you get it. Can you transfer the cic process to Canada?

Just an explanation...Keep having the process in US is not an option..because without visa it will be not possible to come back, and I doubt that any consulate will give a tourist visa to someone that just went back to home country (or canada) after living years here (in us)....

Share your ideas, thanks,
Akk

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
What if current H1B Status will expire and due to economic condition, employee doesn’t want to reapply for extension.

And at the same time I will be getting a job offer from Employee in Canada and offer to get work permit

Question is now Will it affect my Alberta PNP, because job offer I am getting is in Ontario? Not in Alberta

Will Alberta PNP will create problems after they will know that I am already in Canada and working in Ontario,

Will it jeopardize my Alberta PNP? Because they can deny and say that you already have job in ON, we have a doubt that you will not move to Alberta

Anyone any comments and suggestions????

cinu9

Oct 13, 2008
hi guys i am new to this forum

i need your help i am applying for pr on Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP program

can you let me know how long it takes and what all documents i need

thank you in advance

cinu

RDRDX

Dec 5, 2008
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

cinu9 said:
hi guys i am new to this forum

i need your help i am applying for pr on Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP program

can you let me know how long it takes and what all documents i need

thank you in advance

cinu