+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

veerjara

Oct 1, 2008
past few mails are diverting to GC discussion. This forum is for H1B SRS discussion so let's discuss in that spirit. hope it helps. Best,

Jul 31, 2008
Hi folks,

I was getting ready with my documents for the Alberta pre-assessment form when I saw these 2 requirements.
a) A photocopy of your current H1B visa or current Notice of Action that lists your H1B visa.
b) Evidence/Proof that you have been in the United States legally for at least one year

What is the difference b/n a) and b)? How to show proof that I have been in the US legally for 1 year? Should I show utility payments for 12 months..kindly advise..

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
I AGREE 100% WITH veerjara !!! PLEASE LIMIT OUR TOPIC TO H1B ALBERTA PNP. GREEN CARD DISCUSSION CAN BE CREATED BY PEOPLE INTERESTED.

THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
maplemapleleaf said:
Hi folks,

I was getting ready with my documents for the Alberta pre-assessment form when I saw these 2 requirements.
a) A photocopy of your current H1B visa or current Notice of Action that lists your H1B visa.
b) Evidence/Proof that you have been in the United States legally for at least one year

What is the difference b/n a) and b)? How to show proof that I have been in the US legally for 1 year? Should I show utility payments for 12 months..kindly advise..
There IS a difference.
point a) says you were legally eligible to work in the US.
when you get the permission to work, it only means USCIS has given you permission to work.

point b) is to show that you are really working here. Utility bills will not do. One can always stay in the US and pay utility bills, but you have to prove that you were really working for the company for which USCIS has given permission to.
This document can be a letter from your employer+ tax returns etc.

Hope this helps.

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
I applied for my pre-assessment yesterday and got a reply from Gingie stating that it will take up to 4 months to complete pre-assessment, and it will take another 4 months to get the PNP certificate.

I am not sure if there is a large volume of backlogs that has caused them to increase the timeline, or they are just being conservative and are giving these dates to reduce the number of times we call them to get to know the status.

Jul 31, 2008
same case here..she said there is a huge backlog..perhaps other provinces will take notice of the AINP's success at attracting H1B holders and may do the same??

Question- for those who are in various stages of the GC process in the US, will applying for the AINP affect you in any way? Reason for question is something I saw on the pre-assessment form "I authorise the Government of the United States of America to disclose necessary information collected about me for the issuance of my current visa". Will there be cross-checking and will applying for AINP+PR in Canada invalidate the US GC process?

Also, thanks in advance to all the members here who are so helpful and prompt..

stlguy said:
I applied for my pre-assessment yesterday and got a reply from Gingie stating that it will take up to 4 months to complete pre-assessment, and it will take another 4 months to get the PNP certificate.

I am not sure if there is a large volume of backlogs that has caused them to increase the timeline, or they are just being conservative and are giving these dates to reduce the number of times we call them to get to know the status.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplemapleleaf said:
same case here..she said there is a huge backlog..perhaps other provinces will take notice of the AINP's success at attracting H1B holders and may do the same??

Question- for those who are in various stages of the GC process in the US, will applying for the AINP affect you in any way? Reason for question is something I saw on the pre-assessment form "I authorise the Government of the United States of America to disclose necessary information collected about me for the issuance of my current visa". Will there be cross-checking and will applying for AINP+PR in Canada invalidate the US GC process?
[/quote]
Probably, other provinces may take notice of the AINP's success. AINP for H1B is a win-win situation since Alberta can tap already screened and time tested candidates, fit to survive in North American job market. Also, most of these H1B folks are frustrated due to long queues of GC, and PR issuance in 12-15 months is an acceptable wait. H1B folks sit on pile of cash but really not interested in investing in big ticket items for lack of GC (most of them). I think, sooner or later, this thread will get flooded with flurry of questions from prospective applicants as economy in USA starts showing its true colors in months to come.

Prime reason for AINP to check H1B status with USCIS would be to ensure that the candidate truly fulfills all conditions and isn't a fraud. Now this is just a thought, don't take it as legal fact - US GC process cannot be invalidated based on the fact that someone applied for PR in other country. I, for one, wouldn't think much since I am definitely moving to Alberta for good, assuming the approval is positive. From what I read and understand, you are trying to use AINP as backup for GC and trying to ride two horses at same time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nothing wrong with trying to catch two birds with one shot. If you get either one, you have dinner, if you get both, you can choose which one you want to eat.

Trying to keep a GC and Canadian PR at the same time though will not work in the long run. You can be out of Canada for up to 3 years out of each 5, the US is a bit more vague but will allow you to be out of the country for 6 months to a year without too much hassle although they do take it away if they believe you are not living there anymore. You could theoretically live in each country for 6 months to 1 year but you can't really settle or build a career doing that.

nowayx

Aug 11, 2008
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum...

Yesterday I received the invitation letter/package...
I read it through and it requires certified copies of passport, certifications and diplomas.

My first question is: what is a certified copy and where to I get one?!
Will they accept a notarized copy?
What/how did you guys send this copies?!

Thank you!

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Yes, Notarized copies are considered to be certified. I am also planning to notarize all the documents regardless they will ask me or not. It better to play safe and avoid any query that prolong the processing time.
Also Do you mind when did you submit you pre-assessment application that will give me the idea when can I expect my invitation package. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

nowayx said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum...

I read it through and it requires certified copies of passport, certifications and diplomas.

Thank you!

nowayx

Aug 11, 2008
Thank you, findude32!

I sent my form and all other documents by email on Aug. 8th.
I received the package someday last week or Monday..
I was traveling and couldn't check the mail for the last 10 days.

Once again, thanks!

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Hi nowayx:

can you please tell me what else do they ask for? I'd like to know and see if I can prepare the docs in advance - (hope my pre-assessment is approved, though). I applied Sept 22.

Thanks for sharing -

nowayx said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum...

Thank you!

nowayx

Aug 11, 2008
yrinaldy,

Here is the FULL list:

- (Fill the forms)
- Original letter of invitation (in the package)
- Certified copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members
- Certified copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training.
- Certified copy of any membership in any professional association and/or license.
- Job description from your current employer in the US. (with job title, duties etc...)

I will get my copies tomorrow.. and hopefully send everything next Monday.

C

cchabert

Thank you nowayx it was a short list, I already have everything ready, hopefully I'll receive the invitation on November

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
nowayx:
Great info - thanks.

Question... Does this mean you must still be employed by the employer when you apply? what if you get laid-off or something like it.. and they don't ask for current pay-stub?
Also, after you respond to the invite, how long until you get positive nomination?

Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and prepare mine.

nowayx said:
yrinaldy,

Here is the FULL list:

- (Fill the forms)
- Original letter of invitation (in the package)
- Certified copy of the valid passport for you and your accompanying family members
- Certified copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training.
- Certified copy of any membership in any professional association and/or license.
- Job description from your current employer in the US. (with job title, duties etc...)

I will get my copies tomorrow.. and hopefully send everything next Monday.