+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi,
Can someone tell me how long the SOWP aplication take to get processed? Its been a month since i applied for it through VFS chennai.When i try to track the status with the tracking number i was provided by VFS, all it says is 'Being processed in Canada Visa Office ,Bangalore'. Also im not able to link my application in cic :( can someone please suggest me what should be done ?

Vishnu93

Feb 27, 2015
Hi,
Can someone tell me how long the SOWP aplication take to get processed? Its been a month since i applied for it through VFS chennai.When i try to track the status with the tracking number i was provided by VFS, all it says is 'Being processed in Canada Visa Office ,Bangalore'. Also im not able to link my application in cic :( can someone please suggest me what should be done ?
You have to wait for sometime. You might get a response in September! Be patient. Right now the processing time is dropped to 10 weeks. So expect some response soon. :)

Reactions: NiVish

krish95

Aug 16, 2017
Hi, I have applied for my work permit on 23 June 2017 and linked it later to online CIC account. The status on my account is going back and forth. Some day they update that we are reviewing your eligibility and next day it will be back to We will let you know when we start reviewing. The medical status also changed from You have passed the medical test back to we will let you know when we start reviewing your medical test. Its All very confusing and discouraging. It's almost 9 weeks over now. Any idea how to go about it.

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi, I have applied for my work permit on 23 June 2017 and linked it later to online CIC account. The status on my account is going back and forth. Some day they update that we are reviewing your eligibility and next day it will be back to We will let you know when we start reviewing. The medical status also changed from You have passed the medical test back to we will let you know when we start reviewing your medical test. Its All very confusing and discouraging. It's almost 9 weeks over now. Any idea how to go about it.
Hi Krish95,
In what duration from the date of application were you able to link your application in cic?

Thanks
NiViSh

aditya1990

Sep 4, 2017
hey krunal,
i just wanted to ask you something that i tried to link my paper application to my online account but was not able to link because i was trying to link application of my relative who did not have a given name (eg. inderjit singh ), while filling the visa application form his full name was filled in the column of family name and given name column was left empty so i just wanted to ask that what should i fill in the given name so that my application could be found...
please answer my query as soon as possible

@alvintablada

Sep 4, 2017
I have listed steps to link your SOWP Paper Application to CIC Online

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

In case of any doubts Please drop comments below.

Thanks,
Krunal
Good day sir. May I ask how to link using family and birthday to my gckey under quebec skilled worker. Thank you. I've tried so many times but it failed

Bhubank

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Can some one help me out? How do you link your family application I need ASAP pls and thank you? Without getting AOR

NiVish

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Any progress?

sabiy

Sep 14, 2017
hey krunal,
i just wanted to ask you something that i tried to link my paper application to my online account but was not able to link because i was trying to link application of my relative who did not have a given name (eg. inderjit singh ), while filling the visa application form his full name was filled in the column of family name and given name column was left empty so i just wanted to ask that what should i fill in the given name so that my application could be found...
please answer my query as soon as possible
Hi aditya,

My case is same as yours I am unable to link my online account I have applied for my husbands on August 2nd 2017 havent hear anything from them. It is making me more confused after reading the medical request and all because I did not have any online access i do not know how would i get the medical request because it is more than 8 weeks right now. Please update if you have any info help me please