+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps - Create New Express Entry Profile on Expiry of Old Profile(same Gckey)

ashu0729

Mar 14, 2015
My EE profile expired when I was waiting for Nomination from Ontario.
Using the same GCkey , I created a new EE Profile and post creation I could see both , the Old (expired Profile) and the Newly Created Profile.

After new account creation , I updated Ontario about these changes through Email.

Recently i received a nomination from Ontario so i can safely assume that the New profile creation worked fine for me.

Hope it helps anyone who is waiting for Nominations and whose profile is going to expire soon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uhTuLgzfdMGsHDaCRlRX-OjyTFoq9V6dEfKMT3KNf_4/edit?usp=sharing

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ashu0729 said:
Using the same GCkey , I created a new EE Profile and post creation I could see both , the Old (expired Profile) and the Newly Created Profile.

After new account creation , I updated Ontario about these changes through Email.

Recently i received a nomination from Ontario so i can safely assume that the New profile creation worked fine for me.

Hope it helps anyone who is waiting for Nominations and whose profile is going to expire soon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uhTuLgzfdMGsHDaCRlRX-OjyTFoq9V6dEfKMT3KNf_4/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks for sharing the process for recreating the profile when it has expired. +1 for the effort!

To add on to your post, for those who got nominated and 600 points gets added and their profile expires before ITA, please follow the above process and ensure to do the following as well.
  • Under Application Details section, answer 'Yes' to question 'Have you received nomination from any province?'.
  • Once you have completed the profile, you will be asked to get in touch with the province that nominated you so that you get the 600 points added to your new profile. Write to the province that nominated you with details of new profile

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
This is what OINP replied to an applicant whose profile expired after nomination but before ITA. The applicant sent details of new profile to OINP.

Dear Applicant,

Further to your email below, please be advised that you should receive a message in your online account shortly.

Your Nomination has been transferred yo your new EE profile.

After acceptance of the nomination, you should receive your 600 CRS points in approximately 24 hours.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

Regards

Mishkawy

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashu0729 said:

So, I see now in the Google document you shared, that after I log in the GCKey, I am supposed to see a "What would you like to do today?" page.
The problem is that after I log in, I only see a page that allows me to only change my password etc.. ad a Continue button.
When I press the continue button, I am redirected back to the home page of CIC and not my account or to the options you shared in step 4.
I am stuck.. can you help?

aamirgw

May 30, 2015
Hello ashu,

I am in a similar situation. My profile will expire in two days. Should I wait for it to expire and then recreate the profile or should I do it before expiring.
Pls advise.

Thanks

caso

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much Ashu0729 ,, That was very helpful :)

ashu0729 said:

lekshmipiriya

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Stanlee said:
This is what OINP replied to an applicant whose profile expired after nomination but before ITA. The applicant sent details of new profile to OINP.

Dear Applicant,

Further to your email below, please be advised that you should receive a message in your online account shortly.

Your Nomination has been transferred yo your new EE profile.

After acceptance of the nomination, you should receive your 600 CRS points in approximately 24 hours.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

Regards
Hello Stanlee & other Seniors,

Could you please let me know how many days did the OINP took to reply back for transferring Old EE Profile to New EE Profile after Nomination?

I received Nomination from Ontario on Oct 21st, I accepted it too and got the score 600 for Nomination. My Old EE Profile got expired on Nov 2nd so I created a new EE Profile and sent email regarding this to OINP on Nov 6th.

I went to OINP office on Nov 17th and dropped the same set of documents which I sent in email.

Till now I didn't get any reply from the OINP.

Thanks,
Siva

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
lekshmipiriya said:
Hello Stanlee & other Seniors,

Could you please let me know how many days did the OINP took to reply back for transferring Old EE Profile to New EE Profile after Nomination?

I received Nomination from Ontario on Oct 21st, I accepted it too and got the score 600 for Nomination. My Old EE Profile got expired on Nov 2nd so I created a new EE Profile and sent email regarding this to OINP on Nov 6th.

I went to OINP office on Nov 17th and dropped the same set of documents which I sent in email.

Till now I didn't get any reply from the OINP.

Thanks,
Siva
For some they did it in 2 days while for some it took 2 weeks, so it depends, may you can call them up.

lekshmipiriya

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Stanlee said:
For some they did it in 2 days while for some it took 2 weeks, so it depends, may you can call them up.
Thank you Stanlee for the immediate reply

Sure will call & check with them if they pick up the calls.

pats2177

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashu0729 said:

Brilliant Ashu. Thank you

pats2177

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ashu,

I have withdrawn my profile as it was expiring in the next 2 weeks. I read your document in which you have said answer 'No' to the question 'Has Applicant applied to IRCC before?' since I never reached the ITA stage. However, to the second question on the same page 'Has applicant applied to Express Entry before?', should I answer 'No' in this section as well? since I had an active express entry profile before and I also have the previous EE profile no.? Please reply, I want to have my profile back in the pool at the earliest.

Regards,
P

Jesus Rivera

Nov 24, 2016
Hello,

I re-created successfully my EE profile. But when I enter the new information in my JOB BANK account it doesn't show on my new EE form and it says Pending. Is this normal? how long does it take to job bank to send the information to my CIC account?

I called job bank they told me I should call immigration canada... I called immigration Canada and they told me to call Job Bank.

Thanks for your help, i am really stressed about this.

pats2177

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jesus Rivera said:
Hello,

I re-created successfully my EE profile. But when I enter the new information in my JOB BANK account it doesn't show on my new EE form and it says Pending. Is this normal? how long does it take to job bank to send the information to my CIC account?

I called job bank they told me I should call immigration canada... I called immigration Canada and they told me to call Job Bank.

Thanks for your help, i am really stressed about this.

@ Jesus Riviera - I also created a new EE profile as my old profile was expiring at the end of this month. I just updated my new EE profile details in job bank as per the explanation provided by Ashu in the first post on this thread and it got confirmed after 2 days. My Job bank registration changed from Pending to Accepted in 2 days post me entering my new EE details on Job bank.