+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions - previous application refused

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
Hello everyone

As my PR application was refused due to incorrect NOC, I understand that I need to answer yes to some statutory questions. For me it is not clear whether I need to answer yes to both questions or only to the first one. I have the following questions:

1. If I answer yes to both questions then I want to provide the same explanation. Is this ok?

2. Also as I understood I need to provide more details in a LoE. But what additional details to write as CiC knows my case/previous application?

3. For my wife, should I answer yes to both questions as she was included in the previous application as dependant?

Thanks!

STATUTORY QUESTIONS
1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
My prior permanent resident visa application number "********" was refused, as I have not provided sufficient evidence to satisfy the officer that I have work experience in the occupation (NOC) identified in the application. Further details will be given in a letter of explanation.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Was your application cancelled as incomplete, or straight up rejected?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
1. If I answer yes to both questions then I want to provide the same explanation. Is this ok? Yes.

2. Also as I understood I need to provide more details in a LoE. But what additional details to write as CiC knows my case/previous application? Just mention that applications # was fused on grounds that you used the wrong NOC. Personally I'd add in what I have done to correct that situation (changed NOC codes, provided more information about job duties, etc).

Reactions: Suru

Suru

Jul 14, 2017
1. If I answer yes to both questions then I want to provide the same explanation. Is this ok? Yes.

2. Also as I understood I need to provide more details in a LoE. But what additional details to write as CiC knows my case/previous application? Just mention that applications # was fused on grounds that you used the wrong NOC. Personally I'd add in what I have done to correct that situation (changed NOC codes, provided more information about job duties, etc).
Thanks

TyrionStark

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 05-03-2018
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront L R W S - 9,9,8.5,8
File Transfer...
15-01-2018
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2017
Passport Req..
19-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2018
LANDED..........
13-04-2018
Hello everyone

As my PR application was refused due to incorrect NOC, I understand that I need to answer yes to some statutory questions. For me it is not clear whether I need to answer yes to both questions or only to the first one. I have the following questions:

1. If I answer yes to both questions then I want to provide the same explanation. Is this ok?

2. Also as I understood I need to provide more details in a LoE. But what additional details to write as CiC knows my case/previous application?

3. For my wife, should I answer yes to both questions as she was included in the previous application as dependant?

Thanks!

STATUTORY QUESTIONS
1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
My prior permanent resident visa application number "********" was refused, as I have not provided sufficient evidence to satisfy the officer that I have work experience in the occupation (NOC) identified in the application. Further details will be given in a letter of explanation.

Hi Suru,

So Sorry to hear that, hope you get it solved soon. All the best.

At which stage was your application was refused? I am at a somewhat similar situation from what I can see on my GCMS notes, although it has not been refused yet, I have raised a CSE for the same and have sent a Letter of explanation for the same purpose.

Did you pass the Medical and criminality and were refused after that or was it refused immediately?

My application has been pending for last 98 days and I have ordered another set of GCMS for the same?

Thanks,

Peace.

Sep 23, 2018
Hello,

My application was "cancelled as incomplete". Do I need to fill these statutory questions as "Yes" and provide an explanation for these? I understand my application was cancelled in initial stages but not refused.

STATUTORY QUESTIONS

Sep 23, 2018
Hello,

My application was "cancelled as incomplete". Do I need to fill these statutory questions as "Yes" and provide an explanation for these? I understand my application was cancelled in initial stages but not refused.

STATUTORY QUESTIONS

Hello guys, please reply

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello,

STATUTORY QUESTIONS

No to both.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
What if answered yes. That’s what I did? I had an application returned as incomplete
Returned as incomplete/rejected is not the same as refused. A rejected application is one that wasn't processed, while a refused one is an application that was processed and a refusal decision reached on it.

Saying you were refused instead of rejected isn't something more in your favor so it wouldn't count as misrepresentation but it's a good idea to submit a further explanation to IRCC.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
@ EE456 u seems quite knowledgeable in immigration stuff. Is it just self reading or u r a consultant or working with one? U can chose not to answer and I won’t consider it rude

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
My GCMS notes shows review required under my statutory question "have you been refused VISA befire for any other country"
I answered yes to this because I was refused B1/B2 US visa in 2017.

Do I bother about this review required?