Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Australia sucks, wouldn't rely too much on those rankings, these same idiotic rankings put a dump like Vancouver as the highest quality of life city.

Australia is even worse than Canada, limited population, out of control costs for basic items, far lower product goods and services selection when compared to North America, and it's bloody isolated. However one of the worst things about Australia are all the nasty creepy bugs, not rare to see giant dinner plate sized huntsman spiders in your house and car. All kinds if ugly disgusting spiders there.

Also you'll find White Aussies to be some of the most ignorant racist and retarded people on the planet. If you are a colored immigrant stay away from Australia.

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
chefchopra7 said:
It is my fifth year .......never got Respect/Equality at work .....Provincial jobs may be exception but i never got a call for an interview at any level of job beside my multiple skill and experience from worlds best organizations.

Canadians still have mind set of bringing slaves from other part of the world .....the only difference is THEY HAVE DEVELOPED A GLORIFIED SLAVERY......

Age , Sex and skin colour is a BIG BAR in Canada.....but you will find it written as co. policies

Human right doesn't encourage or support your complaint as they will start doing a micro-surgery of your complaint and will keep discouraging you that your complaint is not an issue of Human rights it is a work place harassment and jealousy and we don't deal in that ... on asking where do i go as i lost the job respect with hatred havoc experience .... they will say there is no place you can complaint about harassment in Canada

certain social equality you get only by default not by their will/wish......

Kids Education and Healthcare is par excellence.

judiciary is great but you cannot reach as it is beyond your pocket ......

I will be happy to share more experience about settlement .....

Good Luck.....

s/c
Lol and really???

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
mrbeachman said:
I am presuming you are Indian. I remember my first (and only) low level job in Canada. Everyone would make fun of Indians.... yes.... including me. I am ashamed of that, but travelling the world has opened my eyes to Canadian arrogance and racism (which is so much alive, especially in Quebec - please avoid this province). You have outlined the good and the bad which makes your post credible.... so please do share more.
Oh! Really? Thanx for the info all the same...

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Rossei said:
Canada ranks

#6 out of 159 in State of World Liberty Index, 2013 [economic and personal freedom], survey by the State of World Liberty Project
#8 out of 167 in Democracy Index, 2012 [electoral process and pluralism, civil liberties, functioning of government, political participation, and political culture], survey by the Economist
#8 out of 162 in Global Peace Index (GPI), 2013 [crime rate, terrorism/violence, relation with neighboring nations, local refugees, political status], survey by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP)
#9 out of 177 in Corruption Perceptions Index, 2013, survey by Transparency International
#11 out of 187 in Human Development Index (HDI), 2013 [life expectancy, education, and income indices], survey by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
#14 out of 148 in Global Competitiveness Report, 2013-14 [infrastructure, economic environment, health, education/training, labour/financial market efficiency, business, innovation/technology, market size], survey by World Economic Forum
#14 out of 111 in Worldwide Quality-of-Life Index, 2005 [GDP, health, political stability-security, personal/community life, job security, equality], survey by the Economist
#3 among 34 member countries in Better Life Index, 2013 [income, housing, jobs, community, education, environment, civic engagement, health, life satisfaction, safety and work-life balance], survey by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
#19 out of 183 in Ease of Doing Business, 2013, survey by World Bank
#20 out of 179 in Press Freedom Index, 2013, survey by Reporters without Borders
#24 out of 178 in Environmental Performance Index, 2014 [environmental disease, air/water pollution, biodiversity, natural resources, climate change], survey by Yale University

NB: I'm aware that these ranking may not reflect a true picture from a new immigrant's perspective and many will oppose/ignore. Yet you may find some ground where Canada stands internationally.
Nice info...thanx for sharing

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
AAL1984 said:
Australia sucks, wouldn't rely too much on those rankings, these same idiotic rankings put a dump like Vancouver as the highest quality of life city.

Australia is even worse than Canada, limited population, out of control costs for basic items, far lower product goods and services selection when compared to North America, and it's bloody isolated. However one of the worst things about Australia are all the nasty creepy bugs, not rare to see giant dinner plate sized huntsman spiders in your house and car. All kinds if ugly disgusting spiders there.

Also you'll find White Aussies to be some of the most ignorant racist and retarded people on the planet. If you are a colored immigrant stay away from Australia.
Hmmn....really? Thanx all the same

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
This is really an interesting and informative thread

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I've been here going on for two years now, I live in northern Ontario (small city, ~10,000 population), an area not exactly teeming with other immigrants, but my little community does include a number of others who would be called minorities. I'm enough of a novelty that most people I interact with have never seen a PR card in their lives, and one of the first questions I am asked is, "Why here?!"

Starting life here had a number of challenges.

1) English is my first language, but this area is essentially bi-lingual. Some people are either Anglophone, or Francophone, many people are both. I have come across some bias to my being Anglophone, but not much. Mostly, everyone is willing to accommodate my "handicap". I now work with customers who speak only French, but we manage to get along with courtesy and patience on both sides.

2) Finding a job was especially challenging, because what I am used to presenting to a prospective employer doesn't matter as much in Canada, I have found. With lots of help from my local Employment Options/Options Emploi office, I was able to re-vamp my resume to focus on my skills (what I can do), as opposed to my qualifications (what I know). What has not changed from my home country is that knowing someone who knows someone is sometimes the best way to get your foot in the door.

3) Dressing to suit the weather is a skill, and it takes some trial and error to learn when you are not from a country that has seasons, but it is vital. Those jokes about a day in Canada experiencing all four seasons? Not really jokes.

Those are the major ones I can think of right now. Oh, since you might be wondering. Have I experienced racism, living as I do in a small town where minorities are especially visible, as opposed to a metropolis like Toronto? Yes. However, the few individuals who were rude don't like anyone, in my observation, so I am not going to take it personally. The majority of people I have interacted with are polite, courteous, unfailingly friendly, pretty much like the Canadians of stereotype.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Rossei said:
U r welcome.
I actually went through each individual ranking site and verified against wikipedia source. For you, I made the following comparison between Australia and Canada based on the same criteria. Hope it's useful.
AustraliaCanada
State of World Liberty Index (2013)46
Human Development Index (2013)211
Ease of Doing Business (2013)1119
Worldwide Quality-of-Life Index (2005)613
Better Life Index (2013)13
Environmental Performance Index (2014)324
Press Freedom Index (2013)2620
Corruption Perceptions Index (2013)99
Global Peace Index (2013)168
Democracy Index (2012)68
Global Competitiveness Report (2013-14)2114
You rock, Rossei. Thank you for so amazing authentic and useful comparison.

+1 for you

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016
Starting life in Canada easy or night mare!!!

Hi,
My designation is Sales & Application Engineer – Industrial Pumps. In KSA
When I am applying for similar post of mine in Canada for related pump manufacturers like flow serve and KSB, it’s not mention to have any such Licences. But in this Forum I have seen people saying Licences is required as Engineering is regulated work in Canada.
As mention the designation is Application sales engineer on JOB CANADA web site. Exactly my current designation. Its mention “not required”

On Credentials
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Not required
So if I need to apply for such jobs in the future, does it mean that I do not require and Licences.
Also if possible may I ask some more questions…
• After getting the Canadian passport, can we travel and work in rest of the world if in case I do not find any suitable job, as we cannot work entire life as shop keeper, driver or etc.
• Can we travel to US after getting the PR card; actually I want to visit US after 6-8 months after landing in Canada.
• Will I be able to get house on mortgage soon after getting the PR card? Or I need to wait until my credit history is good.
• If I decide to settle down in Calgary will 2000$ be sufficient for family of 4, 2 adults and 2 infants aged under 2 years.
• Can I find survival jobs quickly?
• Will health insurance from the government cover free medicines also?
• Will I get money for my kids is it really true, if yes how much one child – 2years & another child – 4 months.
• Is discrimination common on roads?

Thanks
Mohammed.

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
FIYAZALI said:
Hi,
My designation is Sales & Application Engineer – Industrial Pumps. In KSA
When I am applying for similar post of mine in Canada for related pump manufacturers like flow serve and KSB, it's not mention to have any such Licences. But in this Forum I have seen people saying Licences is required as Engineering is regulated work in Canada.
Also if you look @

As mention the designation is Application sales engineer on JOB CANADA web site. Exactly my current designation. Its mention “not required”

On Credentials
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Not required
So if I need to apply for such jobs in the future, does it mean that I do not require and Licences.
Also if possible may I ask some more questions...
• After getting the Canadian passport, can we travel and work in rest of the world if in case I do not find any suitable job, as we cannot work entire life as shop keeper, driver or etc.
• Can we travel to US after getting the PR card; actually I want to visit US after 6-8 months after landing in Canada.
• Will I be able to get house on mortgage soon after getting the PR card? Or I need to wait until my credit history is good.
• If I decide to settle down in Calgary will 2000$ be sufficient for family of 4, 2 adults and 2 infants aged under 2 years.
• Will I get money for my kids is it really true, if yes how much one child – 2years & another child – 4 months.

Thanks
Mohammed.
Licensing is not required for Sales jobs.
You can visit US but probably you will get US visa , one year after you become a Permanent Resident of Canada.
You will get a survival jobs easily if you have a reference.
Check child benefits, you will get money after you file tax returns.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: Starting life in Canada easy or night mare!!!

FIYAZALI said:
If it's an engineering job; you will need licensing. But as rawdah mentioned, you won't require any licensing to do a sales job.

Yes, you can. But you have to file taxes on your world income.

PR card doesn't give you privilege to travel to US. You will require US Visa unless you carry a passport of a visa-exempt country.

Yes, you would need a good credit history and a full-time permanent decent job (not survival ones).

It depends on your expenditure. $2000+child benefits might be enough.

It also depends on referrals.

No, it doesn't. It doesn't cover drugs, eye and dental treatment.

Yes, you will receive child benefits once you file tax returns. There are 2 types:
1) Universal child care benefit (UCCB)
[This is fixed $100/month per child]
2) Canada child tax benefit (CCTB)
[This depends on what your income is, which province you live in etc. For an estimate, you can use CCTB calculator]

Please visit for all child benefits info: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/menu-eng.html

Normally, it's not common.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Rossei said:
Yes, you would need a good credit history and a full-time permanent decent job (not survival ones)
Some people don't have full-time permanent decent job (but may have survival ones) still get mortgage!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

steaky said:
Some people don't have full-time permanent decent job (but may have survival ones) still get mortgage!
Well, I heard about it; but really didn't see one. I even heard that some buy houses in other family member's name even though they are on welfare.

I was talking from general point of view. I take my statement back then.

FIYAZALI

Oct 7, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd October - 2015
LANDED..........
13-07-2016

Thanks All

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Rossei said:
Yes, you can. But you have to file taxes on your world income.
Canada doesn't require non-residents to file taxes.