+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

longwaitwithrq said:
Well maybe hopefully you wont have to organize the protest after all !
Peaceful Assembly is one of the rights that you have. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with that. I believe you have learnt that from the citizenship study.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

strawberrylemonade said:
Peaceful Assembly is one of the rights that you have. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with that. I believe you have learnt that from the citizenship study.
one of the clearance u would require is csis clearance, go their website and see what they are on the lookout for, i don't think you are going to find a lot of takers for your protest march or whatever else you are planning.

people who get rq'd also have not done anything wrong but cic uses their discretion to further look into such cases, i wouldn't take part in a protest and then for agencies that do clearances use their discretion to further look into my clearances and further prolong my case.

if i were a csis officer who had to grant clearance to a protestor outside citizenship canada i would further investigate the person's background in the protestor's home country to see what other protest's this person was part of in there and would grant clearance after a full investigation on the same immaterial of time constraints for granting clerance !

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Our FOSS clearances will expire in 14 days, RCMP is good for next 6 months or so.
so now my question is how does they update all clearances - manually or automatically?
Does officer need to order the update for clearances him/herself or computer does it all?
Cheers.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

longwaitwithrq said:
one of the clearance u would require is csis clearance, go their website and see what they are on the lookout for, i don't think you are going to find a lot of takers for your protest march or whatever else you are planning.

people who get rq'd also have not done anything wrong but cic uses their discretion to further look into such cases, i wouldn't take part in a protest and then for agencies that do clearances use their discretion to further look into my clearances and further prolong my case.

if i were a csis officer who had to grant clearance to a protestor outside citizenship canada i would further investigate the person's background in the protestor's home country to see what other protest's this person was part of in there and would grant clearance after a full investigation on the same immaterial of time constraints for granting clerance !
congrats on the decision made status, I am 100% sure it is an oath, dont worry about it at all. ;)

debonair388

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014

CK07 said:
Hello Highfive

I checked my ecas last night and it says DECISION MADE.
I have this mixed emotions like u could not believe that they will granted my aplication since i am short of 15 days.. Now all i need to do is to wait for my Oath Letter to come in my mailbox.. I am so Happy right now..and yet nervous because when i click the DECISION MADE LINE nothings changed it didn't show you when is gonna be your Oath I will let you all know every single details..

Cheer up Highfive yours will come soon.. :)
I am short 35/40 days...I forgot :) BUt the officer at my interview had said it shouldnt be an issue

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HighFive said:
Our FOSS clearances will expire in 14 days, RCMP is good for next 6 months or so.
so now my question is how does they update all clearances - manually or automatically?
Does officer need to order the update for clearances him/herself or computer does it all?
Cheers.
please check the first page of your atip, there are 3 clearances required 1. foss 2. rcmp 3. csis

i am pretty certain that these clearances are requested from the respective agencies by officers who are working on the files, as mentioned in my post before i have no clue how long it takes for these clearances to be provided by these agencies.

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015

longwaitwithrq said:

I guess in your case it really doesn't matter. Since you got your decision made. But collecting signatures for a petition, is not considered a threat to Canada. It is a form of democracy. I have learnt that in high school, here in Canada.

I feel that maybe it is the cultural difference that diverged us from the POV of a "protest". In this case, our value is not aligned. I have briefly spoke to rayan14 and I don't completely agree with his POV of protest too.

After all, if I were a head officer or head of CIC. I would be pressured seeing thousands of signature, demanding a better, more transparent process, and try to come up with something. This is not a form of violent.

Don't be the silent pretender.
It is fortunate and unfortunate at the same time we have many different POV regards to protest and democracy. This is what makes Canada, Canada.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision mak

strawberrylemonade said:
I guess in your case it really doesn't matter. Since you got your decision made. But collecting signatures for a petition, is not considered a threat to Canada. It is a form of democracy. I have learnt that in high school, here in Canada.

I feel that maybe it is the cultural difference that diverged us from the POV of a "protest". In this case, our value is not aligned. I have briefly spoke to rayan14 and I don't completely agree with his POV of protest too.

After all, if I were a head officer or head of CIC. I would be pressured seeing thousands of signature, demanding a better, more transparent process, and try to come up with something. This is not a form of violent.

It is fortunate and unfortunate at the same time we have many different POV regards to protest and democracy. This is what makes Canada, Canada.
you are most definitely in the wrong thread, i would first learn to follow the rules of the thread and then try to correct cic !

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision m

longwaitwithrq said:
you are most definitely in the wrong thread, i would first learn to follow the rules of the thread and then try to correct cic !
Unfortunately we couldn't reach to a common ground.

But I will sure keep you updated with my atip, if received on monday.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision mak

strawberrylemonade said:

I somehow agree with both of you. But a peaceful, respectful and civil silent protest in front of the CIC bldg covered by the local media is a good thing that could be considered by applicants. Remember that 4 months before a federal election, the conservatives hate nothing more than media spotlight and stories of 'ethnic' minorities being unfairly treated by their evil agencies. CSIS (foreign threat assessment agency of the Feds) actually doesnt care about a few civil protesters angry with CIC. They have their plate full with other matters.

Best regards,
R

adi1025

Jul 5, 2015

Hi All,

Please note my time lines below:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 10, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 10, 2014.
We started processing your supplications on June 11, 2014.
We sent you a notice on September 30, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 16, 2014 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I received rq on September 1st 2014. I have requested aitp and am reviewing it. I will provide more details later in the day. If my time lines match that of this thread,request you to please add me to the excel document. Thanks

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

longwaitwithrq said:
please check the first page of your atip, there are 3 clearances required 1. foss 2. rcmp 3. csis

i am pretty certain that these clearances are requested from the respective agencies by officers who are working on the files, as mentioned in my post before i have no clue how long it takes for these clearances to be provided by these agencies.
longwaitwithrq, if the ATIP says transfer to local office then chances are we are close. Can you check in ATIP, once clearances were requested, how many days after it was transferred to local office?

CitizenCA

Jun 20, 2015

longwaitwithrq said:

Just checked my last atip, for the FOSS it takes a day or two to have it done, as for the RCMP it take approximately between 40-45 days to get it done. My atip shows that I had it done twice, I'm giving the numbers on average.

As for the csis I don't know and I am not sure for how long they take to get it done.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
longwaitwithrq, if the ATIP says transfer to local office then chances are we are close. Can you check in ATIP, once clearances were requested, how many days after it was transferred to local office?
Atip shows that the file was trf to local office the very next day the grant decision was made.

I have no clue whether St Clair requested the update on my expired clearance or the local office as the page where this detail is recorded has been blanked out as it also has a request for csis clearance which I think is requested only at the final stage (I presume csis clearance request cant be shown to applicants as its not covered under the privacy act).

Luckily my Atip was printed a week after the grant decision was made and hence I was able to see the security clearance request heading only (as I mentioned the page doesn't provide full information on who made the request and on what date as it has been blanked out)

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

CitizenCA said:
Just checked my last atip, for the FOSS it takes a day or two to have it done, as for the RCMP it take approximately between 40-45 days to get it done. My atip shows that I had it done twice, I'm giving the numbers on average.

As for the csis I don't know and I am not sure for how long they take to get it done.
Please check the first page of your Atip the csis clearance does it show a blank field, I presume this clearance is requested only at the final stage unlike the foss and rcmp clearances which are requested when the application is received and further updated and made current as and when it is noticed as expired by the citizenship officer.