Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ind2ca said:
Now what does THIS mean? pa'ed??? :eek:
It means file sent to PA
Last time it was: "FILE SENT TO MPR FILE BF'D TO: M1G ON 13-05-2012"
Now it is: "FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: M1G ON 13-09-2012"

Update which I sent through post in 1st wk of Sept is mentioned, and that which I sent through an email in Aug is not there.
Seems there is a greater lag period in their response to emails as compared to normal posts. Or they are simply ignoring emails.

Ind2ca

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
4131/3111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2010
IELTS Request
8.0 bands
Med's Request
June, 2012
Med's Done....
July, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April, 2013
LANDED..........
June, 2013
lokoloko0 said:
It means file sent to PA

Update which I sent through post in 1st wk of Sept is mentioned, and that which I sent through an email in Aug is not there.
Seems there is a greater lag period in their response to emails as compared to normal posts. Or they are simply ignoring emails.
13-09-2012 had also come and gone! Now, I presume, the next BF'D in your file must be 13-1-2013. This wait is agonizing!
I underwent my medicals in mid-July, 2012. Going by the current trend, do you think there's any hope for getting visa issued this year?

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
lokoloko0 said:
It means file sent to PA

lokoloko0, this is just my opinion, PA refers to Primary Applicant. Atleast that's how CAIPS refers to a Primary Applicant. And, usually, the short names for the processing departments / officers are 3 letters and not two letters. Finally, anything with an apostrophe denotes an action and not name based on my observation. For example: MPR, CPR, etc refers to department / person names. On the other hand, BF'D & PA'D should denote actions and not names. I know BF'D stands for Brought Forward. Not sure what PA'D stands for. Could it be Pending Action Date?? Hope I am right.

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr said:
lokoloko0, this is just my opinion, PA refers to Primary Applicant. Atleast that's how CAIPS refers to a Primary Applicant. And, usually, the short names for the processing departments / officers are 3 letters and not two letters. Finally, anything with an apostrophe denotes an action and not name based on my observation. For example: MPR, CPR, etc refers to department / person names. On the other hand, BF'D & PA'D should denote actions and not names. I know BF'D stands for Brought Forward. Not sure what PA'D stands for. Could it be Pending Action Date?? Hope I am right.
It is written exactly as PAPER FILE SENT TO PA
also...

MI1 case.
File pa'ed as per instructions.

As per some other forum members & CAIPS helping websites, PA refers to "Storage Area" for non active files.
Same PA thing was mentioned in my pre-feb application CAIPS last year, which was in fact standing still for past many years.

You are also right, PA is also refered to as Principal Applicant at other places in the same CAIPS.
But here, it does appears to be some sort of "Storage Area".

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ind2ca said:
13-09-2012 had also come and gone! Now, I presume, the next BF'D in your file must be 13-1-2013. This wait is agonizing!
I underwent my medicals in mid-July, 2012. Going by the current trend, do you think there's any hope for getting visa issued this year?
MI3 applicants who have applied in May 2012, and got in process after all the MI-1 apps (i.e. in July), have been issued medicals.
Those MI3 applicants who completed medicals later than you (MI1) have been issued visas.

So we can say that MI1s will be fed with the left over :(
God knows how much would that be.

But one thing seems to be sure, new medicals will not be issued to Mi1s unless visas have been granted to those who have completed medicals.
So, wish you get the visa at the earliest :)

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
lokoloko0 said:
It is written exactly as PAPER FILE SENT TO PA
also...

MI1 case.
File pa'ed as per instructions.

As per some other forum members & CAIPS helping websites, PA refers to "Storage Area" for non active files.
Same PA thing was mentioned in my pre-feb application CAIPS last year, which was in fact standing still for past many years.

You are also right, PA is also refered to as Principal Applicant at other places in the same CAIPS.
But here, it does appears to be some sort of "Storage Area".
Makes sense. Thanks.

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
lokoloko0 said:
Received my CAIPS 3rd time yesterday.

BFD 13 September 2012

and it is mentioned as....

MI-1 case
File pa'ed as per instructions
Lokoloko, may I know when did you apply for CAIPS? How many days did it take?

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpr said:
Lokoloko, may I know when did you apply for CAIPS? How many days did it take?
Exactly one month. I applied on 12 Sept and the CAIPS delivered on 12 Oct.

I applied online, through email. First I paid $5 thru a credit card, printed its receipt (signed it), got the scanned and signed request form from my Canadian relative, and sent all the 3 documents (including authority letter from me) via my own email.

Actually, under the contact information of my relative in the request letter, I put my own email id. It came directly to that email id.

NavneetK

Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111 and 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
5TH JUNE,2013
LANDED..........
18TH JULY,2013
hi lokoloko

after having look on your third caips what are your predictions for MI1's medicals and visa's?
what you say when we will get medicals?
lokoloko0 said:
Less than one month.

I applied online through email. First I paid $5 thru a credit card, printed its receipt (signed it), got the scanned and signed request form from my Canadian relative, and sent all the 3 documents (including authority letter from me) via my own email.

Actually, under the contact information of my relative in the request letter, I put my own email id. It came directly to that email id after about 25 days.

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sister Navneet Kaur said:
hi lokoloko

after having look on your third caips what are your predictions for MI1's medicals and visa's?
what you say when we will get medicals?
Sister, I think even NDVO people may not be able to predict anything as of now.
NDVO has its own unique way of processing its huge inventories in all categories. Its visa quota is limited and it allocates all of that to newest applications.

It is so depressing to see all other VOs genuinely clearing files of MI-1 (they too are having pending MI3 apps, but they seem to allot certain %age of visas to MI1 as well). Whereas we seem to be completely ignored. :( :'(

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
lokoloko0 said:
Exactly one month. I applied on 12 Sept and the CAIPS delivered on 12 Oct.

I applied online, through email. First I paid $5 thru a credit card, printed its receipt (signed it), got the scanned and signed request form from my Canadian relative, and sent all the 3 documents (including authority letter from me) via my own email.

Actually, under the contact information of my relative in the request letter, I put my own email id. It came directly to that email id.
Thanks lokoloko0. I got mine last time in exactly 3 weeks. This time, it's taking longer.

truthseeker4pr

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Federal (Total) - Federal Skilled Workers (C50) (Persons)
CoPR Issued at New Delhi is 5066 (End of June 2012)

MI-2 and MI-3 is given priority for visa issuance then Total of MI-2+MI-3 is 5904 (persons) is still to receive visa.

Now Visa left until 31 December 2012 is approx. 3000 (persons), We all know visa quota of New Delhi is approx. 8000.

Hypothetically MI-2+MI-3 category will not be cleared by end of 2012 and approximately it will clear around March-April 2013.

Total of 12456 (MI-1) needs visa and it will take longer than expected to clear this inventory (may be somewhere in 2014)

*** Above data is available from data.gc.ca
file - 000009-eng.xlsm and file 000023-eng.xlsm

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
truthseeker4pr said:
Federal (Total) - Federal Skilled Workers (C50) (Persons)
CoPR Issued at New Delhi is 5066 (End of June 2012)

MI-2 and MI-3 is given priority for visa issuance then Total of MI-2+MI-3 is 5904 (persons) is still to receive visa.

Now Visa left until 31 December 2012 is approx. 3000 (persons), We all know visa quota of New Delhi is approx. 8000.

Hypothetically MI-2+MI-3 category will not be cleared by end of 2012 and approximately it will clear around March-April 2013.

Total of 12456 (MI-1) needs visa and it will take longer than expected to clear this inventory (may be somewhere in 2014)

*** Above data is available from data.gc.ca
file - 000009-eng.xlsm and file 000023-eng.xlsm
Discouraging but true.

zennzorba

Jun 18, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
july 2010
File Transfer...
in process march 2012
Med's Request
awaited
add MI-4 to this which opens Jan 2013 and the picture becomes more dismal for NDVO MI-1 pendency..especially so if the annual processing quota at Delhi is not increased...