File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Passport Req..
27-12-2010
I got passport request today. We have some personal situation that my spouse may not land in canada for a year even if we get the visa. I am the primary applicant. In such situation is it possible for me to go to canada and get the PR after I get the visa. Thanks for any help

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spur230 said:
I got passport request today. We have some personal situation that my spouse may not land in canada for a year even if we get the visa. I am the primary applicant. In such situation is it possible for me to go to canada and get the PR after I get the visa. Thanks for any help
Principal applicant have to land first, your dependant not landing is not an issue. You can get PR even when your dependant does not land in Canada.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Both PA and dependents should land WITHIN one year of the Medical Dates. Otherwise the validity of the PR visa does not remain in effect.

Good luck

canonly1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Yes I agree with bsrk68. Don't lose this opportunity. But can you please tell us how you received your ppr today? By mail? By email? Are there any visa offices opening today? Isn't it a holiday? Can you please share?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spur230 said:
Yes, you have to check the validity of the visa for determining the landing of spouse. One year from the medical.

spur230

Mar 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Passport Req..
27-12-2010
canonly1 said:
Yes I agree with bsrk68. Don't lose this opportunity. But can you please tell us how you received your ppr today? By mail? By email? Are there any visa offices opening today? Isn't it a holiday? Can you please share?
By mail.

canonly1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Thank you spur230 for your reply. Just to let compare my case to yours, dan you plse tell me did you have an email address in your application and how was the previous communication with you was it all by mail? I wonder why they requesting some people's pps through email while others through regualr mail!! can you please share your views or experiences. ohters views also if you know anything about this issue.

spur230

Mar 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
11-03-2010
Passport Req..
27-12-2010
canonly1 said:
Thank you spur230 for your reply. Just to let compare my case to yours, dan you plse tell me did you have an email address in your application and how was the previous communication with you was it all by mail? I wonder why they requesting some people's pps through email while others through regualr mail!! can you please share your views or experiences. ohters views also if you know anything about this issue.
I had email address to the application. They had contacted me about transfer of file through email. I got medical and ppr through mail.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can land and get your PR. Your spouse not landing will not affect your PR. If the spouse doesn't land before their PR visa expires and they decide they want to get PR after all, you can file sponsorship for them to get a PR visa again.

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
You can land and get your PR. Your spouse not landing will not affect your PR. If the spouse doesn't land before their PR visa expires and they decide they want to get PR after all, you can file sponsorship for them to get a PR visa again.
@Leon - In that case what about citizenship. Whether principal application will get the citizenship first and rest of the family members 01 yrs later(Let's assume family land after 01 year of landing by principal applicant).

Thanks.

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march2010
File Transfer...
july2010
Med's Request
received
Med's Done....
21 jan 2011
Interview........
29 NOV 2010
Passport Req..
30 MAY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ISSUED
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
yes bsrk68 is right.. visa is valid for one year from date of medical..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4U said:
@ Leon - In that case what about citizenship. Whether principal application will get the citizenship first and rest of the family members 01 yrs later(Let's assume family land after 01 year of landing by principal applicant).

Thanks.
After they have landed, there is no principal applicant any more. Each member of the family needs to fulfil the PR residency requirements to keep their PR. Each adult member of the family needs to fulfil 1095 days in Canada in a 4 year period to qualify for citizenship. Minor children do not if they are going in on a parents application or a citizen parent applies for them. Therefore, if the principal applicant lands now, he can apply for citizenship once he has 1095 days in Canada. He can also include his minor children, under 18, on his citizenship application as long as they have not lost their PR. If they never landed in Canada of course he can't or if they landed and went back right away and never stayed in Canada, they would have lost their PR already due to residency requirements. Minor children would not have to take a citizenship test. Children between 14 and 18 have to attend the oath ceremony. His spouse can apply for citizenship once she fulfils the 1095 days.

If he lands and his family doesn't, he can sponsor them for PR later. If his children are PR again by the time he applies for citizenship, he can apply for them too or if he is already a citizen when they get their PR again, he can apply for them right away as long as they are under 18.

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.