+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse (wife) was diagnosed with Active TB - URGENT

Jul 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I applied of my wife's PR application at the end of June 2017, and received a medical request 2 weeks ago. My wife had some cough and fever and I asked her to get checked. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with Pulmonary TB. The doctors claim its curable and will take 3-5 months for her to be fully cured. The issue that I have is that my wife has her medical for Canadian PR scheduled next week. Please help me answer the following?

a) Will her application be denied or put on hold?
b) Will CIC approve her PR as my wife has been taking TB meds for 2 weeks now? Essentially, she has active pulmonary TB; however, TB does NOT spread after 2 weeks since medication have been started.
c) What procedure can I now expect? Will it become harder to obtain spousal PR, expected delay in getting PR?
d) Any other info you have that may be helpful?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
a) I believe CIC will put the application on hold until the TB is addressed and no longer active.
b) No. Her TB needs to be no longer active before she can be approved. As long as she has active TB, she can't come to Canada.
c) Expect delays. She'll need to take treatment until she's clear (i.e. 3-5 months) and then go through some medical tests again and more processing of her file (another few months).

BigCastle

Jan 29, 2017
You applied in June, so you re just starting the process. The good thing is you caught it before the medical exam. If I were you, I would tell my wife to tell everything to the panel physician and take proof that she was diagnosed and already started the treatment. The panel will probably add a note to her file and request follow up exams in 5-6 months.