+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visa

kalp93

Oct 31, 2013
Hi everyone,

I really want someone expert to help me with this. I went to Canada in 2014 on student visa. Due to reasons i couldn't finish my studies and my status expired on 31st November 2016
I overstayed on my visa for 6 months and then voluntarily left Canada. After i came back home i applied for TRV which was rejected obviously. Now, my spouse is in Toronto, Canada and she's on student visa. What chances do i stand for getting spouse visa. Can my overstay be a reason for them to refuse my visa? I really appreciate those who reply and i thank them in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I really want someone expert to help me with this. I went to Canada in 2014 on student visa. Due to reasons i couldn't finish my studies and my status expired on 31st November 2016
I overstayed on my visa for 6 months and then voluntarily left Canada. After i came back home i applied for TRV which was rejected obviously. Now, my spouse is in Toronto, Canada and she's on student visa. What chances do i stand for getting spouse visa. Can my overstay be a reason for them to refuse my visa? I really appreciate those who reply and i thank them in advance.
You're posting to the wrong section of the forum. You should post to the International Students section of the forum instead. This section is for Canadians who are sponsoring family members for PR.

To answer your question, your chances of being approved for a visa are unfortunately low given your past overstay and refusal. And yes - your overstay could certainly be a reason for them to refuse your visa this time. The overstay demonstrates that you have abused visa privileges in the past. When you apply, you will want to show very very strong ties to your home country to prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Reactions: YVR123

kalp93

Oct 31, 2013
You're posting to the wrong section of the forum. You should post to the International Students section of the forum instead. This section is for Canadians who are sponsoring family members for PR.

To answer your question, your chances of being approved for a visa are unfortunately low given your past overstay and refusal. And yes - your overstay could certainly be a reason for them to refuse your visa this time. The overstay demonstrates that you have abused visa privileges in the past. When you apply, you will want to show very very strong ties to your home country to prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.
That helps. I appreciate it.. .I'll post this to international student forum. Thank you.