+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship - After their PR Visa Expired

P_A_R_I

Oct 24, 2014
Hi Everyone

Giving a brief history on my case. Me ,my husband and daughter were granted PR under FSW in 2016. To avail that I went in 2016 alone and got a PR card. Due to some family problem my husband and daughter were unable to go to Canada at that time and their visa expired. Now I am planning to go again and apply for family sponsorship for my husband and daughter.

I contacted some immigration consultants in my home country and all are charging a hefty amount,so i have now decided to apply the case myself. I have a few queries regarding my case. Any help would be really helpful.

1) I need to sponsor them through family class only as they have been granted Pr visa earlier also. Or is there any other option to sponsor/renew their visa for arrival which expired in Dec 2016.
2) Kindly guide me the checklist I need to fill and is it possible that I can fill all the forms in the home country only and just courier them when i will land in Canada. Are there any documents which I will need to send from Canada to home country for my husband's signature or I can prepare the complete file before hand only. (I read somewhere that I need to get my spouse's signature after I generate bar code --Not sure though)
3) Do i need to be working before applying for their sponsorship. As I am planning to study after 4-5 months of landing, before which I may not be doing any job.So pay slips are compulsory? What are the other options which i can avail to show that I can fund my family.

Last edited:

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Hi Everyone

Giving a brief history on my case. Me ,my husband and daughter were granted PR under FSW in 2016. To avail that I went in 2016 alone and got a PR card. Due to some family problem my husband and daughter were unable to go to Canada at that time and their visa expired. Now I am planning to go again and apply for family sponsorship for my husband and daughter.

I contacted some immigration consultants in my home country and all are charging a hefty amount,so i have now decided to apply the case myself. I have a few queries regarding my case. Any help would be really helpful.

1) I need to sponsor them through family class only as they have been granted Pr visa earlier also. Or is there any other option to sponsor/renew their visa for arrival which expired in Dec 2016.
2) Kindly guide me the checklist I need to fill and is it possible that I can fill all the forms in the home country only and just courier them when i will land in Canada. Are there any documents which I will need to send from Canada to home country for my husband's signature or I can prepare the complete file before hand only. (I read somewhere that I need to get my spouse's signature after I generate bar code --Not sure though)
3) Do i need to be working before applying for their sponsorship. As I am planning to study after 4-5 months of landing, before which I may not be doing any job.So pay slips are compulsory? What are the other options which i can avail to show that I can fund my family.
1) you will need to start sponsorship application from scratch...
2) you and your spouse both will have to sign forms. When my husband and I just applied, first I printed and signed them, then mailed to Canada via Dhl and he also signed those forms.
Hope this link will help you to start with your application:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

If you are a pr, you need to stay in Canada until your application will be approved. You can take some short vacations abroad, but need to reside in Canada.
3) I am not sure about not working. But as a sponsor you will need to show you have enough finance to take care of your family...

Hope someone will correct me if I am wrong!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone

Have you been outside of Canada for more than three years since landing in 2016?

P_A_R_I

Oct 24, 2014
4) Also on my Pr card, the date of arrival is mentioned as Dec 2016 and date of expiry as Feb 2022. Now the residency obligation time frame will be considered from Dec 2016 or Feb 2017?? Like from which month should I start calculating my stay of 2 out of 5 years.
5)Also we had a Iove marriage and got it registered in June 2011 but all the family Functions took place in Dec 2011. Do I need to mention that as we publicly declare our marriage on social media in Dec 2011 only?? or that's not of much relevance ?? Like in any case they check your social media accounts?

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
4) Also on my Pr card, the date of arrival is mentioned as Dec 2016 and date of expiry as Feb 2022. Now the residency obligation time frame will be considered from Dec 2016 or Feb 2017?? Like from which month should I start calculating my stay of 2 out of 5 years.

5)Also we had a Iove marriage and got it registered in June 2011 but all the family Functions took place in Dec 2011. Do I need to mention that as we publicly declare our marriage on social media in Dec 2011 only?? or that's not of much relevance ?? Like in any case they check your social media accounts?
4) Your RO starts from your landing day. I think Dec 2016.
5) That's fine. Just write a letter explaining it. Since both happened way before you became PR and they were included in your previous application.