+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
W.M: it is not possible for the background check to be for 2 days only. What happened with him is that they were processing his background check before but did not update his MyCIC status. There are many cases where CIC do not update the status unless it is completed.
In my case for example, it has been more than 6 months showing: " Your application is in progress, the next step is to conduct a background check".
It is different from one application to another.
So now it's in progress??? And what about ur background check what did they wrote?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
received my ATIP from Abdu Dhabi damn visa office ... up till now they did not start the criminality check yet ... and our processing frame time has been passed now

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
received my ATIP from Abdu Dhabi damn visa office ... up till now they did not start the criminality check yet ... and our processing frame time has been passed now
In your online account what is written beside background check?
My husband already passed his processing time with more 2 months

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
My husband processing time is 12 months and we completed 14 months today and still no updates and they don't reply emails long time ago!!! Really depressed and don't know till when this will continue

kiwi1959

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
they didn't asked for remedical. They extended my upfront medical for another year shown on my GCMS notes. Background check went in progress for max 1 or 2 days.
Hi ASRAO
Just want to know in your CIC what is marked in front of "Background Check " ?
> Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
> Background Check : Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Thanks

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hi ASRAO
Just want to know in your CIC what is marked in front of "Background Check " ?
> Review of medical results : You passed the medical exam.
> Background Check : Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Thanks
Kiwi, what is written beside your background check? U didn't say!! Is it in process or still??

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Me too my Background check status has always been "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check". Since I applied in July 2016. :D

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Me too my Background check status has always been "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check". Since I applied in July 2016. :D
There are 2 different spaces
One for background
And the second for application
So, beside background what do they write

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
There are 2 different spaces
One for background
And the second for application
So, beside background what do they write
"Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check."

I asked my representative previously many times about it and she said for some cases, CIC do not update the background status until the whole process is completed.
I mean it is not possible that they did not start with the background check for a year. That's why I think they did not updated it.

Reactions: Hasan2016

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
"Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check."

I asked my representative previously many times about it and she said for some cases, CIC do not update the background status until the whole process is completed.
I mean it is not possible that they did not start with the background check for a year. That's why I think they did not updated it.
My wife application baground check did not start until recently
We submitted the application more than 2 years ago
And for the past year there were no updates
So they just started the background check
So for your application if it says the next step is to conduct the background check then it mean that they haven't started the background check for you yet unfortunately

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
How did u know her background check started? What did they write beside it?
Background in process? Or sent u email?

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
In my case since 12th Jan 2016 same below :-

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I don't know what to do !

Wish u all d best !!!

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
How did u know her background check started? What did they write beside it?
Background in process? Or sent u email?
They just recently changed her status online on MyCiC to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Before that it used to say "your application is in process, the next step is to conduct baground check

Reactions: Hasan2016 and W.M