+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

hrehman

Jan 13, 2009
Visa Office......
inland
I am a canadian Citizen currently residing ni Qatar. I am applying for my spouse sponsorship. My question is that should the medicals be done, at the time of application submission as the time line is 26 months, and medicals expire within 12 months.

Also, my wife belongs to Pakistan-so should i apply to Abu Dhabi office or from Pakistan

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hrehman said:
I am a canadian Citizen currently residing ni Qatar. I am applying for my spouse sponsorship. My question is that should the medicals be done, at the time of application submission as the time line is 26 months, and medicals expire within 12 months.

Also, my wife belongs to Pakistan-so should i apply to Abu Dhabi office or from Pakistan
the medicals should be submitted with the initial package although most probably they will have to be renewed....that's how they ask, we did the same
as for the VO it's really ur call: u can choose either Abu-Dhabi or Islamabad; their timelines r similar but now the question is: if u choose islamabad can she travel to pakistan in case of an interview or if u choose abu-dhabi is ur/her residency in qatar valid enough if again she would need an interview (do u think u'll b able to renew ur residency fairly easy?)...i know lots of things can happen on such a long term so it's hard to choose....also they might send her file to abu-dhabi anyway, even if u write down pakistan (there r special requirements for gulf residents)

there r many islamabad members here, a very active thread, but not much activity from abu-dhabi members

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
hgg said:
hello any news regarding your application in abu dhabi?
hi hugg,

the last i heard from the embassy was last month. they asked me to do my medical. please note this is the first time i am doing my medical as i was advised by the medical center in kwt not to send it with the initial package..

Mrs. tasleem

Apr 18, 2012
Hello every one. This is my first post to this website. However, I have visited it numorous times.
to begin with thanks to Missmini for posting the link to gaafaa's story. that gave me a lot of hope for my case

I am a canadian citizen, I have applied for my husband. he resides in dubai and is a pakistani national. our time line is as follows:

file was received in missisaga on Sep 21st, 2011
file transfered to abu dhabi on Nov 21st, 2011
file opened in abu dhabi on Jan 24th, 2012
we received additional doc request on jan 24th as well --- (detail below)
they receieved our doc on Feb 5th i believe (we knew through our tracking number)
online it showed they started processing our case on March 4th , 2012
Now on April 11th, 2012 we received an email saying send your passport, we are ready to issue visa :)

Now the documents that were requested 1 was a RESIDENCY QUESTIONAIRE for me - the sponsor - since i visited my husband in nov after applying, the embassy was concerned with where am i living. 2nd was his back ground information document since we missed a month or 2 in the personal history column and also his address PO box number was written wrong in one of the columns - (my mistake)

So i wish this time line of our case, gives hope to ppl out there. the embasy is processing cases really fast now. given that the paper work is strong. apart from that one mistake of po box number my file was very strong. i had a lot of picutres from after wedding, the 2 visits to dubai - pics, boarding passes and my expenses under his name. we skyped a lot and i printed our convos, phone bills etc. (well wen the marriage is genuine automaticaly there are a lot of proofs generated)

so all together it took 7 months um still waiting for passport to be retuned to him with visa :)

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Mrs. tasleem said:
Hello every one. This is my first post to this website. However, I have visited it numorous times.
to begin with thanks to Missmini for posting the link to gaafaa's story. that gave me a lot of hope for my case

I am a canadian citizen, I have applied for my husband. he resides in dubai and is a pakistani national. our time line is as follows:

file was received in missisaga on Sep 21st, 2011
file transfered to abu dhabi on Nov 21st, 2011
file opened in abu dhabi on Jan 24th, 2012
we received additional doc request on jan 24th as well --- (detail below)
they receieved our doc on Feb 5th i believe (we knew through our tracking number)
online it showed they started processing our case on March 4th , 2012
Now on April 11th, 2012 we received an email saying send your passport, we are ready to issue visa :)

Now the documents that were requested 1 was a RESIDENCY QUESTIONAIRE for me - the sponsor - since i visited my husband in nov after applying, the embassy was concerned with where am i living. 2nd was his back ground information document since we missed a month or 2 in the personal history column and also his address PO box number was written wrong in one of the columns - (my mistake)

So i wish this time line of our case, gives hope to ppl out there. the embasy is processing cases really fast now. given that the paper work is strong. apart from that one mistake of po box number my file was very strong. i had a lot of picutres from after wedding, the 2 visits to dubai - pics, boarding passes and my expenses under his name. we skyped a lot and i printed our convos, phone bills etc. (well wen the marriage is genuine automaticaly there are a lot of proofs generated)

so all together it took 7 months um still waiting for passport to be retuned to him with visa :)
hey Mrs Tasleem..

Congrats on the passport request. Hopefully soon you both will be together Inshallah..

Ours is a similar case to your just 15 days ahead in timeline to all that you have stated above and I am a resident of Kuwait and Living with my wife (sponser) and our 5 months old baby.

We were requested for additional documents on Feb 20th and I had sent them that all the required documents by March 1st which included my uk police report when I was a student there, our sons translated birth certificate and upgraded family information.

I was also asked for my medical as I was advised here not to do it till asked on Mar 1st which was done on Mar 14.

and now waiting to hear the Ppr news :) I have heard though that it takes longer when my sponsor(wife) is staying with me then when she is in Canada. Your case gives us some home...

Good Luck again with the rest of the process...

Bilaldxb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
01-06-2012
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Passport Req..
INSHALLA BY AUG-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLA AUG-2012
Hi,

Has anyone got there PPR in the last month from Abu Dhabi?

amalad

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th June
File Transfer...
7th September
Did you send your passport? My passport is still in the embassy for TRV since April, 17th!!!!!! I donno how can I get it back.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Bilaldxb said:
Hi,

Has anyone got there PPR in the last month from Abu Dhabi?
Bilal, how r u? wasn't ur file transfered to Ankara? (just wondering) thanks and good luck :)

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
amalad said:
Did you send your passport? My passport is still in the embassy for TRV since April, 17th!!!!!! I donno how can I get it back.
Yes I did, I sent it on 5th May and they received it on the 6th May. It takes 10 working days before I get it back.

I am sure if you contact the embassy they will send you back.

amalad

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th June
File Transfer...
7th September
How can I contact them! They dont answer calls. I sent 2 emails 2 weeks ago but they didn't reply! I dont know what to do!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
amalad said:
How can I contact them! They dont answer calls. I sent 2 emails 2 weeks ago but they didn't reply! I dont know what to do!
Click on the link here this is for case specific enquiries. Make sure you enter all correct details and hopefully they will reply you back ..good luck!!

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi

a.abdo208

May 15, 2012
Wife sponsorship from Saudi to Montreal, Qc.

Hey guys,
Thank you for your posts. My case is similar to yours. I have a PR status and currently live in Montreal; applied to sponsor my wife who is currently living in Saudi Arabia in Nov. 2011, her file got transferred to Abu Dhabi office in Jan. 2012 and didn't hear a thing since.
How long do you think we'd still have to wait to get some news?

Thanks.