+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsor name mix up

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I recently got married in Pakistan in April 2015. I am filling out all the forms for the sponsorship. However, there is a bit of a mix up with the name of my wife. Her full name is : Syeda Afifa Arif. However, her current Pakistani passport says that her last name is "SYEDA" and her first name is "AFIFA ARIF". But all her other documents (transcripts, national ID card etc) reflects the name in correct order (whoch is first name: Syeda Afifa and last name: Arif). Now the problem is that in 2 of the forms it says "please give spouse last name and first exactly as it appears on her passport or travel document. The second issue is she does not have enough time to fix this error on her passport because she is flying out of Pakistan to spend ramadan with her dad in Saudi Arabia in one week.
What are my options here?
- I have heard from people that this will cause no issue and just write her name in the order the form requests (i.e. if the form asks for just her last name and fill name, then write Syeda Afifa as her first name and Arif as her last name). If the form asks for her name exactly as it appears on passport than just write as it appears on her passport.
- Second option is to just keep the name as it appears on her passport in every single form.
I would really appreciate if anyone can provide me any input in this matter as soon as possible.
Thanks very much guys.

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SP -17-04-2013 PR-10-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
Hi,

Does the other documents specify last name and first name, or is just written that way? If it is the latter then no worries at all. For the CIC forms, you will use as the passport suggests.

One advice - don't disclose information like the name here.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion.
So just to clarify, you are asking whether her other documents have the same format as passport (i.e. first name and last name separately specified) or her full name is just written (without any separation of first and last name). All her other documents only has her full name (no first name or last name format). So if that is the case, I should use the same names to fill the CIC forms as exactly shown on her passport right?

thanks. I will keep that in mind and remove her name.

t119 said:
Hi,

Does the other documents specify last name and first name, or is just written that way? If it is the latter then no worries at all. For the CIC forms, you will use as the passport suggests.

One advice - don't disclose information like the name here.

t119

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SP -17-04-2013 PR-10-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014