+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Dear Manoj,
As per CIC Website Processing Time From India is 14 Weeks, In your case it is around 17 weeks, So I think you can send a CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY to New Delhi.
Link For Case Specific Enquiry
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new+delhi&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I hope the above information will help you.
Thanks & Best Regards

HI Bro,

Thank you for this information, I have already opened a case specific inquiry with the VFS @Bangalore few days ago, I do not have any update from them till today , My wife had also sent out a bunch of follow up mails requesting the status no update at all.

Reactions: info78

info78

Oct 3, 2017
HI Bro,

Thank you for this information, I have already opened a case specific inquiry with the VFS @Bangalore few days ago, I do not have any update from them till today , My wife had also sent out a bunch of follow up mails requesting the status no update at all.
Hi Bro,
Usually They don't reply for both emails & Case Specific Inquiry.
Thanks & Best Regards

DEEPpreet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
india
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hello,

Did you receive back your Passport after you submit your passport.

Actually after PPR what CIC do ?

Question 1) CIC Issue the TRV - Temporary Residence Visa as worker?
Question 2) CIIC issue the SOWP?
Question 3) CIC issue both TRV & SOWP?

Which one is correct?

Thanks & Best Regards
No not yet waiting for passport
its almost cross the processing time 5 working days

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
Hi Guys,
I applied for an SOWP on behalf of my spouse. The application was online and my spouse is in Delhi.
My question is directed towards anyone who has applied for SOWP with the other spouse in Canada holding a PGWP and working under NOC Category 0/A/B.
Can you please tell me that after you apply for SOWP with just a marriage certificate as a proof of marriage, does CIC asks for additional documents (such as photos / ids) to support your marriage or they directly reject the application on the grounds of insufficient proof of marriage?

Appreciate your response.

Reactions: info78

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
Hi Guys,
I applied for an SOWP on behalf of my spouse. The application was online and my spouse is in Delhi.
My question is directed towards anyone who has applied for SOWP with the other spouse in Canada holding a PGWP and working under NOC Category 0/A/B.
Can you please tell me that after you apply for SOWP with just a marriage certificate as a proof of marriage, does CIC asks for additional documents (such as photos / ids) to support your marriage or they directly reject the application on the grounds of insufficient proof of marriage?

Appreciate your response.
I think it doesn’t matter you are holding PGWP, WP or SP, any way they won’t ask for photos or anything else. In our case, there’s not any request for evidence of our marriage such as photo, invitation, chat history or ID, just notice as refusing reason. But I hope that some officers can accept a marriage certificate as a proof.

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
I think it doesn’t matter you are holding PGWP, WP or SP, any way they won’t ask for photos or anything else. In our case, there’s not any request for evidence of our marriage such as photo, invitation, chat history or ID, just notice as refusing reason. But I hope that some officers can accept a marriage certificate as a proof.
Thanks Antoshka,
What did you submit as a proof of marriage?

Nobod

Sep 28, 2017
hi all,
regarding the proofs of marital status I only sent marriage certificate. Been waiting for 4 months now without any news.
that's quite something we are living all together on this forum, being away from the ones we want to be with. And the only reason we do that is because we want to immigrate in a new country we place hope in; I wish the government would treat us with the same consideration... but anyway, In the end mostly all this applications succeed, we just have to keep hope and patience this is the only key here