+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

brij1701

Oct 10, 2014
I will be applying for my pgwp at the same time i want to apply for sowp along with my application,i already have a job in NOC B and can provide last 3 pay stubs,as i was on a co op and rite after my co op i got a 1 year contract.
Is it ok to apply this way please help your guidance would matter to me,my spouse have 1 sowp rejection when i was student.

Kindly assist
Thank you

Jan 8, 2017
DVRT said:
Hi everyone,
I applied for SOWP(spouse of international student) on 11 Nov. 2016 without the upfront medical.I am little bit worried about sowp because till today there is no information/update about the medical.Experienced members are requested to pls guide me on this issue.
Thanks.
Hi dear, I applies for my Soouse on 21 Nov and after 17 days we got medical request but no update after that ..
thanks

DVRT

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Gurjashankaur01@gmail.com said:
Hi dear, I applies for my Soouse on 21 Nov and after 17 days we got medical request but no update after that ..
thanks
Hello Gurjashan,
Thats good. I haven't got the medical request till now( 64 days have gone)..Happy to hear that atleast you got the medical request.Lets update whenever any of us get some news about the sowp.
Thanks.

Kaur C

Dec 14, 2016
Gurjashankaur01@gmail.com said:
thanks
hiiii gurjashan ,,, can u plz tell about ur visa office???

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Kaur C said:
hi unsung,, yes we have applied.. And it completed 8 months
Ok, most probably they are checking the eligibility of your spouse for PR application. I contacted my MP to find out the reason behind the delay and that's what he found out. It took almost 6 months for SOWP in my case from chandigarh vfs. By the way, fsor how long your work permit is valid for?

Cheer

Kaur C

Dec 14, 2016
Unsung said:
Ok, most probably they are checking the eligibility of your spouse for PR application. I contacted my MP to find out the reason behind the delay and that's what he found out. It took almost 6 months for SOWP in my case from chandigarh vfs. By the way, fsor how long your work permit is valid for?

Cheer
he is on BOWP valid till September 2017

Kaur C

Dec 14, 2016
Kaur C said:
thanx for suggestion . We'll look after It.
any update???? It's too much now online processing time is 9 weeks . Mine 9 weeks completed on Monday .. Chandigarh visa office seems to be on sleep mode..