+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
Sonika,

i think u need to consider sending a serious complaint to the pm or the chief of immigration:

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/contactpm

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/minister/mccallum.asp?_ga=1.88041240.1806999151.1468995949

i dnt think cic will prioritise OWP applicants.
Hi Yadav and others:

Here's what I found out over the last couple of days:

1. The status of my OWP application made in December 2015 is 'Not Started' - this was confirmed by my immigration lawyer.

2. I spoke to a very experienced and helpful person in Canada about my situation. They are not an immigration lawyer and so, in my opinion, they do not have a vested interest. They expressed surprise at the state of affairs and gave us the following advice:

a. I should directly approach the consulate office where my application is being processed. If I can't reach via phone, they asked me to send the consulate an email.

b. If I don't receive a response from the consulate within the published timeframe, I should directly approach the Commissioner of the Canadian High Commission in the country where I reside.

c. Upon enquiring whether I should approach the MP of my wife's educational institute area, their response was that MPs would generally try helping people in Canada. Since my wife is not in Canada - we ought to skip this and approach the Minister of Immigration.

d. If I don't receive a response from the Commissioner within the published timeframe, I should directly approach the Minister of Immigration.

I found this advice to be very helpful and I am now going to follow it.

Yadav - it also appears to align with your suggestion.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

thanks buddy thats some very helpful info. in my case my wife is already there so im hoping MP be of some help to us. if you do approach the commisioner then do update me. I would also suggest u to post ur query on "@CanadainIndia" thats the twitter handle of CIC India. We all need to b strong and come togther to help each other. If only all the applicants could go the high commission and lodge our complaint for the delay.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Hi All,

My Wife got her SOWP Approved yesterday. Our timelines are -

Applied Paper based with Medical upfront in New Delhi on 10.06.2016
Approved on 19.07.2016.

Thanks.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Yes even we were very surprised and happy to get the passport stamped today. I hope you all will get the visa very quickly.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
suddeb said:
Hi All,

My Wife got her SOWP Approved yesterday. Our timelines are -

Applied Paper based with Medical upfront in New Delhi on 10.06.2016
Approved on 19.07.2016.

Thanks.

It was a miracle.. happy new start buddy.. your processing is faster then your flight journey.. all the very best . Now rember us all in your prayers

vishnuvishal

May 12, 2016
What does this mean?

The review of your application is underway. The status of the application will be emailed to you in 72 hours.

I am getting the same status from past 3 days when I am checking online.

Vwar

Apr 17, 2016
suddeb said:
Yes even we were very surprised and happy to get the passport stamped today. I hope you all will get the visa very quickly.
[/quote
Hi mate
Congratz for ur wife sowp.
Ease could u provide me the below info it will be huge help.
1. Are u on student or pgwp right now?
2. Profile of urs and ur wife.
3.how much funds you show to them.
Thanks buddy

Vwar

Apr 17, 2016
http://m.mississauga.com/news-story/6771893-major-changes-to-canada-s-immigration-system-expected-in-fall-says-minister-john-mccallum

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Victor paul said:
It was a miracle.. happy new start buddy.. your processing is faster then your flight journey.. all the very best . Now rember us all in your prayers
Trust me. You will also get your visa very soon.

suddeb

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
vishnuvishal said:
What does this mean?

The review of your application is underway. The status of the application will be emailed to you in 72 hours.

I am getting the same status from past 3 days when I am checking online.
My wife received her passport with visa stamped next day i.e. 20th July.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

thanks buddy thats some very helpful info. in my case my wife is already there so im hoping MP be of some help to us. if you do approach the commisioner then do update me. I would also suggest u to post ur query on "@CanadainIndia" thats the twitter handle of CIC India. We all need to b strong and come togther to help each other. If only all the applicants could go the high commission and lodge our complaint for the delay.
Hi Yadav,
I'm hoping that I receive a response within this week from the Consulate (I have already emailed them). However, if I don't, I will call / email the Commissioner of the HC by mid next week. Also, I may have given an impression that I am in India (by replying to the thread on Chandigarh). I was just looking at all threads to see if there were any suggestions for such delayed processing.

I live in a different country and here's the fun part....the application processing time here is 4 weeks :D

I too was thinking of sending a tweet to the HC in my country of residence. But on checking out their Twitter account and the Twitter account you mentioned, it doesn't appear that other people are raising similar requests. I'm not sure about the Canadian HC policy on responding to queries made by tweets. I will give it some more thought and let you know.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
thats good to hear mate i hope ur wait is over sooner. While i have decided to withdraw my application tomorrow already since it completes 3 months already. well if u have any information on how to do that plz share. it will b great help.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
yadav said:
thats good to hear mate i hope ur wait is over sooner. While i have decided to withdraw my application tomorrow already since it completes 3 months already. well if u have any information on how to do that plz share. it will b great help.
Why do u want to withdraw ur application yadav?