+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
cant wait indefinetly for this i have put my career at stake bcos of this. i have been SAP training and my instructor wants to place me to experince and if i join in india i cant leave n disrepect him after helping me so much. i have been asking him to wait for all the time n now he is also starting to get annoyed y am i wasting time waiting for this visa. plus my marriage is having issues due to this. im not a long distance person. im trying to apply since jan and have got 2 trv rejections and then i made this so more like im trying since this jan 2016 and i havent got any output n honestly my instructor has been very nice to me to wait till now. thers no logic ill waste my life over this now. my married life is already messed up. best is i give up n let my wife make her life there while me n baby stay here for good.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
yadav said:
cant wait indefinetly for this i have put my career at stake bcos of this. i have been SAP training and my instructor wants to place me to experince and if i join in india i cant leave n disrepect him after helping me so much. i have been asking him to wait for all the time n now he is also starting to get annoyed y am i wasting time waiting for this visa. plus my marriage is having issues due to this. im not a long distance person. im trying to apply since jan and have got 2 trv rejections and then i made this so more like im trying since this jan 2016 and i havent got any output n honestly my instructor has been very nice to me to wait till now. thers no logic ill waste my life over this now. my married life is already messed up. best is i give up n let my wife make her life there while me n baby stay here for good.
Hey Bud, i understand ur point but dont get this much disheartened, let the application in the queue and whenever it comes, it will be good. I've also applied around the same time frame as of urs. So, stay put. I thought ur wife was going to talk to MP.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
she did they were suppose to check with CIC yesterday and inform us but never heard from them. i made cse on 30th june and never heard back lawyer made on 22 june and then 6 july again but nothing as usual.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
yadav said:
she did they were suppose to check with CIC yesterday and inform us but never heard from them. i made cse on 30th june and never heard back lawyer made on 22 june and then 6 july again but nothing as usual.
well, ur wife can follow up with them again, after all, we are in need. There are people here who are also waiting since January, can u believe? All we got is hope. So, stand with that.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
this hope is only leading to daily frustration and arguments with my wife. she cant even focus on her study cos i cant hide my stress. giving up atleast helps in ending arguments everyday cos all she asks me to do is wait. it seems like a failure shall always b a failure n therefore wen u begin with failure u end with failure. anyway sorry im bothering u with all this.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
Hi Yadav,

I have sent a tweet to the HC of the country where I reside. Let's see what they come back with.

As regards your situation, I cannot even fully imagine what you're going through. Much of what I'm saying now is not immigration related. However, one lesson I have learnt in life is never to close door on any option. Having an option is always better. Withdrawing your application will close the option for you and if you want to try again, you will have to wait again. On the other hand, you can pretend for now that your application does not exist and focus on your SAP training and placement. Once you receive your visa, you don't have to go to Canada right away. You can wait to complete the duration of your placement. There are no guarantees in life and who knows whether the employer will be a jerk or a nice person. If he is a jerk, you can drop everything and leave for Canada and hopefully get a good job there. If he's nice on the other hand, then you gain good experience. Either way, you do not lose and so, why close the door on an option. Just a perspective to consider. Ultimately, it's your life and you gotta decide.

I wish I could offer you assurance that you will get your visa soon, but I have no such confidence based on my own experience. I do wish you good luck though and hope you get your visa soon.

Just as 'unsung' suggested, you have to keep following up with MP and by next week, approach the Immigration Minister - by the way, he is on Twitter too.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Oh and you can withdraw the online application by submitting a case specific enquiry. However, as suggested in my previous post, I wouldn't advise you to do that.

Manveet

Jul 21, 2016
XYZSAN said:
Hi i also want to know some valuable information from u people

I got married last year may 2011, after 10 days my husband left to canada toronto on his work permit. then after in the month of june we have applied for trv. but it got rejected. after that my husband workpermit is going to expire in november. so we could not apply for trv again. then in the March 2012 he got his workpermit again..and it is valid for 2013 march. then in april we have for trv as visitor but it got rejected again...Now we came to know that...there is open workpermit option for wife if your husband on workpermit... My husband work comes under O,A,B. i mean i am applicable to apply for spousal workpermit

Please any one let me know what is the processing time for open workpermit ...pls help me

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
Sorry, just re-read this. I'd advise you to not submit the CSE so frequently and instead, start escalating to higher levels. Remember, from the visa office perspective, they are "only" 3 weeks late. I understand that from your perspective it's been quite a long wait since January.

I sincerely hope you can see that I'm trying to offer friendly advice and not trying to justify the delay.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi Manveet, you can find the processing times here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

As a general rule, OWP takes same duration as 'regular' work permit.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

I did pm canadainindia twitter account

Good PM, an application was made by my lawyer on Apr 22 2016 - Online Temporary Residence - Open Work Permit (spousal). The processing time as per CIC website has passed and we have not update yet. multiple case specific inquiry has also been made. Please assist.

and mentioned my file no as well. should i also give my lawyers details?

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

I did pm canadainindia twitter account

Good PM, an application was made by my lawyer on Apr 22 2016 - Online Temporary Residence - Open Work Permit (spousal). The processing time as per CIC website has passed and we have not update yet. multiple case specific inquiry has also been made. Please assist.

and mentioned my file no as well. should i also give my lawyers details?
Hi Yadav,

My view is that you have provided sufficient information for them to look into. Your lawyer details are irrelevant now that you have established direct communication. The ball is now in the court of the HC and they should hopefully reach out to the consulate officer and provide you an update shortly.

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....