+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

shailjavineet

Jun 23, 2013
Hi Priyum,

I have learnt a lot about the OWP process through this thread. Thanks!

I have an urgent query - My husband has received his Open work permit today. We are in a big fix :( - I and my 2 year old daughter have got a visitor visa valid for 2 years. Should I apply for a work permit to be able to work? If yes, how do I ensure that It is tagged to my husbands OWP. I want to ensure that they know that my request is tagged to my husbands so that they approve it.

Please advise.

Regards,

priyum521 said:
Hi,

Here are answers

1. Even for your spouse you need to apply "Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295]" if you need open work permit
2. Specify open work permit.

Please let me know if you need any information.

Thanks
Priyum

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Hoping someone can help me!!! I need to know where i can find the online payment option for the OWP. I am sending it with the application for permanent residence through the spouse class. I was told to send it together but i cannot find where to pay it online ???

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SmithyLinds said:
Hoping someone can help me!!! I need to know where i can find the online payment option for the OWP. I am sending it with the application for permanent residence through the spouse class. I was told to send it together but i cannot find where to pay it online ???
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=Temporary%20Residence

SmithyLinds

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
Thank you very much for the link!! But i still cannot do it online. I do not have an account with cic and i cannot wait for the form to be sent as it takes 2 weeks. Do you think i should order the form but send everything else and then just send the confirmation of payment after i receive it??

Khalsgb

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SmithyLinds said:
Thank you very much for the link!! But i still cannot do it online. I do not have an account with and i cannot wait for the form to be sent as it takes 2 weeks. Do you think i should order the form but send everything else and then just send the confirmation of payment after i receive it??
you can make new account ..this is account just to send u fee confirmation receipt by email

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/register.do;jsessionid=41D6D2A057B9C15A0548D2A9DEAB7922

go to this link

RSD123

Jul 5, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Review complete : 22-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
04-Sept-2013
Hi Viv....
Im actually same situation as yours, actually my wife applied for Spouse OWP based on my student visa on 26-May. But we have not heard back from Chandigarh consulate since then. What is your status now? Did you get your visa?....
I don't know what is the timeline in my wife's case so I am worried.

RSD123

Jul 5, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Review complete : 22-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
04-Sept-2013
Hi everyone....
My wife and kid just applied their Spouse OWP and TRV in 26-May-2013 in Chandigarh consulate. But we have not heard back from them yet. I have Student visa and supposed to join my PG course in Sept.
What have been your experience with regards to processing time of such Spouse OWP applications submitted separately from Student visa applications.

Thanks

missmayav

Jul 5, 2013
rjessome said:
Not likely to be approved if two TRV refusals already.
Hi I am from India ,my husband entered Canada on 22/may/2013 with an work permit having 2 yrs validity.
I completed my post graduation and want to accompany my husband in Canada.
I don't have any travel history.
I want to know which is the best process for me to reach my husband ASAP.

Kindly any one help me with this....

Waiting for reply

dat_girl

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSTP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 08, 2014
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 08, 2014
File Transfer...
ECAS: Process started Oct 17, 2014
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2014 together with RPRF request
Med's Done....
Oct 27, 2014
missmayav said:
Hi I am from India ,my husband entered Canada on 22/may/2013 with an work permit having 2 yrs validity.
I completed my post graduation and want to accompany my husband in Canada.
I don't have any travel history.
I want to know which is the best process for me to reach my husband ASAP.

Kindly any one help me with this....

Waiting for reply
hi. what is the work of your husband? his work should be in category of NOC 0,A & B..If your husband's work is in that category I mentioned, you have a chance to accompany your husband..You can apply spousal open work permit even though if you dont have any travel history..You can gather some required documents from your husband like scanned work permit, job contract, lmo etc..

missmayav

Jul 5, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your reply friend

My husband is working as cook in Canada.He belongs to NOC Level B.
So can i apply for open work permit now from india.
And can you tell me the total processing time.

And i have heard Open work permit is rarely approved.So i am in confusion to apply open work permit or visit visa.

Can you say me what are the documents required to apply.

Waiting for reply

dat_girl

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSTP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 08, 2014
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 08, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 27, 2014
missmayav said:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply friend

My husband is working as cook in Canada.He belongs to NOC Level B.
So can i apply for open work permit now from india.
And can you tell me the total processing time.

And i have heard Open work permit is rarely approved.So i am in confusion to apply open work permit or visit visa.

Can you say me what are the documents required to apply.

Waiting for reply
You can apply for an open work permit..You can see the processing times here http://www.cic.gc.ca

You can download the forms as same as the forms filled up by your husband such as Application for Work Permit Outside Canada & Application for Temporary Resident Visa.

For your additional documents:
- Certificate of Employment
- Diplomas & Transcript of Records (secondary & college)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Family Pictures
- husband's pay stubs
-Bank certificate

missmayav

Jul 5, 2013
Hi Friend,

Thank you very much for your help.

I want to clarify some more doubts.

-do i need any supporting letter from my husband employer.(he is an canadian citizen).

-Is there any compulsory of transcripts of my education.

-And how much funds i have to show.

-And is there any need to prove properties and ties in india

Waiting for reply.

dat_girl

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSTP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 08, 2014
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 08, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 27, 2014
missmayav said:
Hi Friend,

Thank you very much for your help.

I want to clarify some more doubts.

-do i need any supporting letter from my husband employer.(he is an canadian citizen).
yes..this is an option but you ahould provide..to be able to support this, you have to get a certification that your husband is a canadian citizen.

-Is there any compulsory of transcripts of my education.
yes. you have to provide also because you are applying open work permit.

-And how much funds i have to show.
at least CAD 3000 above.

-And is there any need to prove properties and ties in india
yes..you have to provide..if you have insurance policy, you can include this one.

Waiting for reply.

Jul 6, 2013
priyum521 said:
you can apply open work permit to your wife at the time of you apply to work permit.

with respect to documents, the documents are same to work permit and open work permit.
hi gudmorning...my husband works in Alberta since he signed for his contract but then that time we still dont have our Phil Passport (me and my 2kids) and now that we have it we dont know what to do..they say the easiest way is when he got his new contract because he'll applying for new visa and then he easily include us then.But he already had his new visa now.How can i apply for a open work permit?pls help

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
I hope that you can give me advice in my situation. PLEASE and THANK YOU..

I arrived here in CA last October 2012 and work as live in caregiver. My work permit will experire on September 2014. I got pregnant last May 2013 and will end my current work on December 2013.

My boyfriend and I are planning to get married this August 2013. He's a Canadian Citizen. He introduced me about APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE WITHIN CANADA: SPOUSE and I want to get know more about this, but its confusing!

He don't want me to work anymore as nanny after giving birth by next year 2014.

The questions are:

1. How is the process of this application if I'm under the live in caregiver program?

2. What if we apply for this and my permit will expire, what permit should I have in hand in order to stay here in Canada legally?

3. Which is more faster, applying under this application to get a PR or under the live in caregiver program?

4. Is it possible for me to apply for an open work permit if I apply under APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE WITHIN CANADA: SPOUSE while waiting for my PR? If yes, how? Can you give me some links to refer on?

These are my questions, I hope you could help me with this..

Thank you so much..