+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
paul234 said:
Thanks for the info. Do let me know when your application starts processing. Would help me get an idea of the timeline.
sure, im loosing patience as of now though!!! :'(

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
paul234 said:
Thanks for the info. Do let me know when your application starts processing. Would help me get an idea of the timeline.
HI Paul have you got any response. I applied online on 20 December 2016 and no response till now. It's 10 weeks processing time and this is the 10th week. Do let me know if you get any update.

winner98

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
winner98 said:
HI Paul have you got any response. I applied online on 20 December 2016 and no response till now. Not even the medical request. It's 10 weeks processing time and this is the 10th week. Do let me know if you get any update.

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Bal_CAN said:
Hello,

Im posting this with the intention that i would get some suggestions from experienced people and also my case might help future visa aspirants.

I had applied for Spouse open work permit (SOWP) with the support of Spouse student visa and Canada Consulate Officer (Bangalore, India) rejected my application with below reasons:
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2. Purpose of Visit"

Little background in my case, I have Canada Visitor Visa from 16/06/2016 and did not visit Canada after getting that. I got visitor visa to visit my friend before going there for work.
After my wife's student visa approval, i applied for OWP by submitting all docs to Bangalore VFS office.
Below are the docs i had submitted along with the application:
SI No. SELF Documents:
1 Original Passport along with a photocopy
2 Photos
3 Medical Report
4 Marriage Certificate and Photos
5 Marks Cards (10th, 12th, Bachelors, Masters)
6 CV
7 Cover Letter
8 Letter from Spouse
9 Experience Letters along with present Employer working letter
10 Present Job Description letter from Employer
11 ITRV/Form 16
12 Salary slips
13 Bank Statements
14 Insurance & Investments
15 Property Document (House & Bike)
16 Canada Visitor Visa photocopy
17 US B1/B2 Visa photocopy

SPOUSE documents:
18 Study Permit
19 Passport copy
20 College Acceptance Letter
21 College Fee Receipt
22 GIC letter
23 ITRV/Form 16
24 Bank Statements
25 Investments (Bank deposits)
26 Salary slips
27 PF statement

FAMILY documents:
28 Father’s ITRV
29 Brother’s ITRV
30 Sister’s ITRV/Form 16
31 Mother’s house rental Income
32 Mother’s car document

I understand that my visitor visa's "purpose of visit" was different than the OWP application, but that was my situation at the time of applying.
My friend in Canada had invited me for two weeks of stay in Canada for visitor visa application, apart from my friend I do not know anybody there, so there is no family ties in Canada.

Now, i am not sure what extra docs i should submit in my new application to get the OWP approved.
Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Bal
[/quote

Hi there,
As far as i understand the case, very first thing i noticed is terribly over documentation. :-X Come on buddy, do you really think those people are sitting free there to read your 100 page application.?? I applied for my wife and other many from my college for same visa with maximum 10 page in supportive document with only minimum docs. Everybody got their visa without any problem. Believe me or not but attaching unnecessary docs like you did will do nothing but will make the VO frustrated with your application. Give the monkey what he wants, i.e banana. Why are you attaching anything available to you.? Who is interested in reading your current or previous experience letters? No body, they only want three information:
1. Marriage is genuine.
2. Will go back after completion of studies.
3. Future plans of yours just to convince them that you will go back.
Just apply with normal document and a clear cover letter stating all your explanation.
Still need any help, shoot me a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com

Sorry to offend you but it is really funny how you missed to attach your voter id and adhar card. :p Never mind, just kidding.

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
winner98 said:
HI Paul have you got any response. I applied online on 20 December 2016 and no response till now. It's 10 weeks processing time and this is the 10th week. Do let me know if you get any update.
Hi, I still haven't heard anything from them. Since its past the processing time mentioned, you should contact them by email or using the webform.
Anyone else who applied online towards end of December have gotten reply from cic?

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Hi Everyone

I applied for my wife's dependent visa online with upfront medical on december 15 2016.
The medical report that we attached is valid for 1 year but now CIC has requested a medical again.
When my wife visited to hospital for medical they told that they cannot do medical again unless previous medical is expired.
In that case what we should do know ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
So yeah, I just checked my account, and the Final decision tab shows "your application is in progress. we will send you a message once the final decision has been made."
Till yesterday the status was 'not started'. I did NOT receive any email saying any application has been updated.
My application was made online on Jan-9.
Anyone else who applied around that time got any mail from cic/noticed any change in their online application?
I'm wondering if this is an actual status change or they just changed the wording on their website.

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
paul234 said:
So yeah, I just checked my account, and the Final decision tab shows "your application is in progress. we will send you a message once the final decision has been made."
Till yesterday the status was 'not started'. I did NOT receive any email saying any application has been updated.
Anyone else who applied around that time got any mail from cic/noticed any change in their online application?
I'm wondering if this is an actual status change or they just changed the wording on their website.
same here

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
or may be they start taking our files into consideration ::)

nafiskeshwani

May 15, 2013
Its just wording changes on the website.
I applied on 22nd Feb (Online).

paul234 said:

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Is there any way we can find where our files are being processed?