+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
can_can said:
Hey Thank you so much for your opinion !
This is bit confusing for me. I guess the full time definition is someone who works more than 30 Hours in a week as per CIC.
But I am worried more about my "6 months contract" part, any idea on this?

Also did anyone could get a SOWP based on 6 months contract?
A valid job offer has to be:

for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Had got messages from lot of people asking few questions about my application. So I thought I will put it here in th eforum so they can all see it here.. Thi sis the comment I had posted 2 days back.. Just a review of my post:

1 TRV refusal

SOWP:
Applied March 21st Online Application - Attorney applied from Canada
April 11th Medical Requests
April 12th Medicals Done
April 17th Medicals Submitted
April 28th Medicals Passed
May 9th Refused
May 11th Email for reconsideration
June 30th Email from Delhi to submit an explanation letter
July 15th Submitted the letter
July 20th Case reopened
July 26th Passport request
August 1st Passport submission
August 5th Approval letter
August 8th Passport dispatched
August 9th Passport delivered
August 18th landed in Canada

We applied through an attorney in Canada and since it wan online application, we are not very sure where the application was processed. But I guess, it was Delhi. The documents we sent were, MY offer letter, paystub, visa copy, work permit copy, passport copy, Spouse's resume,our marriage certificate and all the necessary applications from CIC. After we got refusal, the refusal letter was emailed to my attorney the email iD was in there for the High commission of Delhi. And later after we received a letter that they needed an explanation from us we decided to include all our pictures before and after marriage, a letter I wrote how I felt alone staying without my souse, how my spouse felt staying without me, how we met and story of our life together so far etc.,

unnilal

Aug 22, 2016
i am an international student and have applied for my spouse on 6 June, 2016 from vfs chennai. No updates yet. Even am not able link his application on cic. it shows application not found. When tracking through vfs site it shows tracking id __ id being processed in vfs bangalore. its going to be 3 months after the submission. whats the normal processing time for spouse visa. Is there any problem in sending an inquiry to vfs helpline? seeking for help and suggestions
thank you in advance

aaaaaaaaaaa

Aug 26, 2016
hi

i have applied SOWP for my wife on May6 2016 online from canada but i did not get any response yet. i dont know what is the prosessing time.
have anyone got the visa who applied on may 6 or after. please reply
thanks
vikram

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
aaaaaaaaaaa said:
hi

i have applied SOWP for my wife on May6 2016 online from canada but i did not get any response yet. i dont know what is the prosessing time.
have anyone got the visa who applied on may 6 or after. please reply
thanks
vikram
I have applied on April 28th, online application. No response yet.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
How long does it take to receive the passport request after passing medical? We didn't submit upfront medical.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
sthomas9345,

plz tell ur reason for refusal and how u gave explanation abt it with additional documentation.
thanks

freyanne21

Nov 26, 2014
hello guys, I think Im in the wrong thread, but anyway can I ask how to apply as skilled worker I have employer there and hes asking me to search what are the requirements...any one help me please thanks in advance.

anjillan

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sthomas9345 said:
Hi all,

First, let me thank you all for the support you gave me in going through this process. I landed in Canada last night. My timeline below":

1 TRV refusal

SOWP:
April 12th Medicals Done
May 9th Refused
July 20th Case reopened

Please ask me if you have any questions.. I will be really happy to help you. And I also pray that everyone waiting for an approval, specially guys applied in Chandigarh to hear from CIC soon
Hi,

I am also in the verge of puttin down the application for my wife and daughter, i have a question though. What did you explain in the cover letter?

thanks

FA

Bal_CAN

Jun 12, 2016
sthomas9345 said:
Hi all,

First, let me thank you all for the support you gave me in going through this process. I landed in Canada last night. My timeline below":

1 TRV refusal

SOWP:
April 12th Medicals Done
May 9th Refused
July 20th Case reopened

Please ask me if you have any questions.. I will be really happy to help you. And I also pray that everyone waiting for an approval, specially guys applied in Chandigarh to hear from CIC soon

Hi Thomas,
Congrats!!
May i know to which email id you mailed to reconsider the OWP application on May 11th. I was told that once SOWP is rejected, we will have to re-apply with new application.

Bal_CAN

Jun 12, 2016
Hello,

Im posting this with the intention that i would get some suggestions from experienced people and also my case might help future visa aspirants.

I had applied for Spouse open work permit (SOWP) with the support of Spouse student visa and Canada Consulate Officer (Bangalore, India) rejected my application with below reasons:
"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2. Purpose of Visit"

Little background in my case, I have Canada Visitor Visa from 16/06/2016 and did not visit Canada after getting that. I got visitor visa to visit my friend before going there for work.
After my wife's student visa approval, i applied for OWP by submitting all docs to Bangalore VFS office.
Below are the docs i had submitted along with the application:
SI No. SELF Documents:
1 Original Passport along with a photocopy
2 Photos
3 Medical Report
4 Marriage Certificate and Photos
5 Marks Cards (10th, 12th, Bachelors, Masters)
6 CV
7 Cover Letter
8 Letter from Spouse
9 Experience Letters along with present Employer working letter
10 Present Job Description letter from Employer
11 ITRV/Form 16
12 Salary slips
13 Bank Statements
14 Insurance & Investments
15 Property Document (House & Bike)
16 Canada Visitor Visa photocopy
17 US B1/B2 Visa photocopy

SPOUSE documents:
18 Study Permit
19 Passport copy
20 College Acceptance Letter
21 College Fee Receipt
22 GIC letter
23 ITRV/Form 16
24 Bank Statements
25 Investments (Bank deposits)
26 Salary slips
27 PF statement

FAMILY documents:
28 Father’s ITRV
29 Brother’s ITRV
30 Sister’s ITRV/Form 16
31 Mother’s house rental Income
32 Mother’s car document

I understand that my visitor visa's "purpose of visit" was different than the OWP application, but that was my situation at the time of applying.
My friend in Canada had invited me for two weeks of stay in Canada for visitor visa application, apart from my friend I do not know anybody there, so there is no family ties in Canada.

Now, i am not sure what extra docs i should submit in my new application to get the OWP approved.
Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Bal

sidduca

Jan 4, 2017
hi i want to apply for sowp ...can any one tell me recent processing times ....

please help me processing timings of sowp where can i check it.........In cic processing times not showing sowp processing time

my wife is on student visa so what are the documents i need to submit for my sowp .... i am going to do in online....which is better online or paper?

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Can some one help me ? as I am getting error again and again in uploading IMM1295 form
Urgent please

Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
•Error Description: Please ensure you download the latest form from the IRCC website, complete the form using Adobe Reader, validate and upload again.
If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.