[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
Hi Guys,

I would like to ask a few questions if you dont mind answering. I applied for PR to canada under PNP Family Stream as my sister is living there back in 2011.. and got my passport back last week with the visa.. I am planning on flying to Canada next month and do my landing ... I am currently single and I have been in 7 year long relationship and intend on marrying her soon.. and was waiting to get my visa and I do not want to get married now as I will have to return the visa and get do the whole application with the spouse that will be another 6 to 8 months delay.. ive already waited for 20 months to get this far. So I want to do my landing next month, and then planning on coming back to India in June or July and get married, so that I will have my PR card by then, what I would like to know is what is the easiest way to take my wife along with me when I get back? I dont want her to stay back in India after marriage while me being in Canada.. Do you think I get a visit visa for her? If so what are the requirements and later on how do I sponsor her to become a permanent resident and what are the requirements for that ? we have email chats that go back to 2007 and enough photographs, so I am assuming that shouldnt be a problem. What I would like to know if she should apply for visitor visa prior to getting married or after we get married? The important thing here is that I would like the two of us to go back soon after the marriage .. I do know that she wont be able to work when is on visitor visa, but do you think she can get an open work permit when I apply for a spousal PR? also while being in Canada on visitor visa, would I be able to apply for outland spousal visa or is it mandatory that I have to apply inland? Please do reply.. looking forward to your response.. Cheers

alabao

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2009
Nomination.....
01-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
04-May-2012
Med's Request
18-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
28-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 21 Sep 2012 , visa issued on 18th sept 2012
LANDED..........
will do around summer of 2013
Hi Manu

First of all congrats!!! ... finally you got through ... well this is a real tricky one ... bringing spouse on visitor visa will be one hell of a task ... visitor visa means you go visit and come back ... thats what CIC will look into ..you visit and come back ..but being wife of a PR will mean every reason to stay back ...so chances are very tough but not impossible ... though the best route will be to sponsor but I know it will take time ... and she will have to wait out that period ... anyway keep in touch ..I will probably move to canada in june/july