+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

heroman-20

Apr 5, 2021
Hello
i need help please.
I applied for sponsorship in July 2021, and the last update was medical passed on april 2022 ,my Canadian wife and my son came to visit me. on May 2022 ,do i need to inform my visa office or ircc of this visiting? Also, if i inform them will this bring good results for our application?Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
i need help please.
I applied for sponsorship in July 2021, and the last update was medical passed on april 2022 ,my Canadian wife and my son came to visit me. on May 2022 ,do i need to inform my visa office or ircc of this visiting? Also, if i inform them will this bring good results for our application?Thanks
No, you don't need to inform IRCC. This won't make any difference to your application. Hopefully your wife is a citizen and not a PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my wife contacted MP but he did not do anything. Can you advise me what should i do?
You can order GCMS notes to see detailed status on your application. Apart from that there is nothing you can really do but wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You may want to send a webform to IRCC about your visit to indicate that you are spending time in person especially if you don’t have a lot of relationship time in person already. For example if this was an arranged marriage or religious marriage where there is minimal time together in person before marriage and then you returned to Canada soon after marriage. Also good to show that you continue to visit in person to reassure IRCC that the relationship continues.

Did your wife work after returning to Canada in 2021? When was your child born? Was she receiving maternity EI or regular EI? What province do they live in?

Last edited:

heroman-20

Apr 5, 2021
You may want to send a webform to IRCC about your visit to indicate that you are spending time in person especially if you don’t have a lot of relationship time in person already. For example if this was an arranged marriage or religious marriage where there is minimal time together in person before marriage and then you returned to Canada soon after marriage. Also good to show that you continue to visit in person to reassure IRCC that the relationship continues.

Did your wife work after returning to Canada in 2021? When was your child born? Was she receiving maternity EI or regular EI? What province do they live in?
Actually we married and lived together 4 months before my wife goes back to canada. Then she delivered our baby there on november,2021 and then she came to visit me with our baby on July 20222.She did not work because she was in maternity leave and i already showed my bank statement.

Don jaggi

Feb 2, 2023
Given those delays, it would be a good idea for your wife to contact a MP to check the application status as it is over 15 months.
My own application is 4yrs now...in 2020 my application was sent to Ghana for final approval now we are in 2023

Don jaggi

Feb 2, 2023
Hello
i need help please.
My application is 2019 I applied for family sponsorship my wife is a Canadian citizen and my daughter too... everything was going well 2020 my application was sent to Ghana Accra for final approval then COVID19 started...now we are in 2023... anytime I write to RICC they will tell me they have backlog of 2.7million application.. my wife have visited my 2times in this 4yrs of my application in process..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
His assisstant contacted ircc and told us that there is no update on your application and contact us again on march.That is all
That is roughly what you should expect from an MP's office, and it's not nothing. Preferably a bit more detail, but do contact them again when recommended.

gen121

May 20, 2010
I need some advise.
I submitted my application in May of 2022 as an inland applicant being sponsored by my wife. We got married in 2021.
Since my second marriage (my Wife filed for a divorce irrespective of my appeals) my Children cut off communication with me. I have done my best to reconnect with them to no avail.

IRCC wrote me earlier asking that I include my last daughter in my application (who turned 22 years old, two months after I applied). I replied IRCC, stating that I can not reach her by any means. They wrote back specifically asking for her to submit Police report, show proof of medical examination, fill some forms with her signature.
The issue is she is not replying to my communications and I doubt if she will be willing to go through all the rigors IRCC is requesting, and I have a deadline of 1st of March 2023 (in 3 weeks time) to send her documents to IRCC.

What is the best way to respond to this situation such that my inability to reach my daughter doesn't jeopardize my application? How do I prove that I can not reach her to get her participation? Or how do I get past this obstacle?

Thank you very much for your advise.