+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sdas87

Aug 4, 2021
Hi, I am from India. I had come to Canada back in 2017 to complete by landing and receive my PR but then I travelled back to India for personal reasons. I hold a valid PR card with me which expires on 2-Feb 2023. I have recently moved to Canada along with a job. Now, I would like to sponsor my wife's outland spousal sponsorship. I have quite a few questions.

1. I was unmarried in 2017 when I received my PR and only got married in 2019. Do I need to update the IRCC regarding the change in my marital status from being single to married?
2. My company is applying for my wife's TRV. Will there be any issues if I sponsor my wife's PR simultaneously? If no, then is there any guidance to which one should I do first?
3. My PR card is presently valid and set to expire on 2-Feb 2023. I will not be able to meet the residency obligation prior to my PR card expiry in Feb 2023. Presently, if I apply to sponsor my wife's PR will that present any challenges to my PR status?
4. Given that I will not meet the residency obligation by 2-Feb-2023 which is the expiry date of my PR card, is there any risk of me travelling outside Canada prior to that and returning before my PR card expiry date?
5. Is there some way to travel outside of Canada and then return after the expiry of the PR card while not meeting the residency obligation of spending 730 days in Canada within the last 5 years?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. I was unmarried in 2017 when I received my PR and only got married in 2019. Do I need to update the IRCC regarding the change in my marital status from being single to married?
2. My company is applying for my wife's TRV. Will there be any issues if I sponsor my wife's PR simultaneously? If no, then is there any guidance to which one should I do first?
3. My PR card is presently valid and set to expire on 2-Feb 2023. I will not be able to meet the residency obligation prior to my PR card expiry in Feb 2023. Presently, if I apply to sponsor my wife's PR will that present any challenges to my PR status?
4. Given that I will not meet the residency obligation by 2-Feb-2023 which is the expiry date of my PR card, is there any risk of me travelling outside Canada prior to that and returning before my PR card expiry date?
5. Is there some way to travel outside of Canada and then return after the expiry of the PR card while not meeting the residency obligation of spending 730 days in Canada within the last 5 years?
1. No, no need.
2. Since you are not in compliance with RO, you cannot sponsor your spouse. Wait until you are in compliance to do so.
3. Yes - potentially anyway. It's possible they would just 'hold' (not process actively) your wife's PR sponsorship. But they could start process of reporting you for non-compliance. See above.
4. Yes, there is a risk - at any point when you re-enter they could (potentially) report you for non-compliance.
5. Yes, even more risk - you'd have to apply for a PRTD to re-enter Canada (or enter through USA without one). For a PRTD app - the presumption will start with you being out of compliance and needing good humanitarian and compassionate reasons.

Reactions: DimT44

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
What should I answer to this question - The person I’m sponsoring was declared as my spouse and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for PR. (Note: If you have never applied for PR, answer no)
She has her own separate FSW application where she later provided marriage certificate after we got married, but she was never declared in my PR application coz that was long back and we were not married then.
You need to get your PR then and sponsor her....any non accompanying needs to be sponsored....Is it an H&C application?

Let an officer confirms on her application that both of you are married and they can make the changes for you. If you try to add a spouse in the process of an application, an officer uses their discretion either to make it accompanying or non.....

Give it time and see what an officer comes up with

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
HI... there.
my Name is Lovejeet Singh Sandhu from India. I have one question that i got mail on 8th December, 2021 mentioning my file no is F.......... and we received your file on date 7th October 2021 further no any update regarding sponsor approval or any other In family class sponsorship application. recently got approval for visitor visa on 22 January, 2022. but no any AOR1 in Pr application.. Kindly suggest me what to do..
There is nothing to do here....Follow the laid down procedure ....use the visitors visa and come to Canada while you wait on them for the next PR process....Your AOR provides you with your file number which is the F you indicated and is on stages. The sponsorship approval will come in the the process of time...Just be patient....!! It could be a system issue or still need a little time

Superstar95

Jun 17, 2021
Hi folks! I’m considering moving to my home country for work for about an year and be with my wife. I have already applied for spousal sponsorship.
Would it be ideal to do it after getting the AOR 1?
What would be the issues that I might face?
Thanks everyone!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi folks! I’m considering moving to my home country for work for about an year and be with my wife. I have already applied for spousal sponsorship.
Would it be ideal to do it after getting the AOR 1?
What would be the issues that I might face?
Thanks everyone!
If you are a PR sponsoring, you are only eligible to sponsor if you remain resident in Canada.

carina hiii

Jan 20, 2022
Hi there, just wondering if anyones in the same situation here:

The old system(the GCKEY) shows that my background check is in process while the new tracker tool shows that the background verification is not started yet.

help !

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I am trying to register for the new tracker, but it keeps telling me...

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet."

The information I enter is correct, but nothing works. Any idea what I can do to register for the tracker?

The part about "your application is not in our system yet" - would that be regarding the system of the new tracker, or a new application hasn't been entered in the system? Our application was received in June 2021, and we have just received Pre-arrival (and other updates) so our application is definitely in the system. Curious if it is talking about a different 'system' though.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can I apply both online and Paper based application for family class? My consultant just applied paper based last week and now said he will apply online too? Is this correct practice?
No. One or the other. There should be no significant advantage of one over the other right now so basically it's a dumb idea.

If your consultant asks for extra money for this - fire him. Right away. Just a grifter.

Reactions: Pranaysh90

Pranaysh90

Feb 3, 2020
No. One or the other. There should be no significant advantage of one over the other right now so basically it's a dumb idea.

If your consultant asks for extra money for this - fire him. Right away. Just a grifter.
He didn't ask me for money. May be he did some mistake n trying to hide it from me?