+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

M

magpie

Sorry to say but immigration lawyers are very expensive. No such thing as a cheap lawyer.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can contact the owner of this forum. Click "Assessment" on this webpage now...

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Is communication from the embassy's for outland applications usually by snail mail or by email? ours went through pretoria and we're just wondering if we should obsessively checking our email or the mail box. thanks!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
magpie said:
Sorry to say but immigration lawyers are very expensive. No such thing as a cheap lawyer.
A better statement is "some are better value than others" :)

Ahmeds007

Aug 23, 2011
Hello,

*Attention Leon

This is a wonderful website with full of information, I would like to thank all your efforts with critical comments I have been reviewing.

Here is My case:
I am a Canadian citizen since 2006
I have been in relationship with my wife since 2004 ( Prove of e-mails available)
-Did a proxy marriage in Jan 2007, I was in Canada while the marriage was taking place in kenya, I have official marriage certificate as well as a certification proving marriage from ministry of foreign affairs
-Since 2004-2008- I was studying chemical engineering technology at an ontario college
- My wife was in college as well from 2006-2009 in Kenya,
- I went to visit in March 3 2010, where i did a reception ( photo evidence), honeymoon, also my wife got pregnant from my visit and such i was blessed with a daughter whom was born in Nov 31 2010(Birth certificate with proof of my name(father) is available)
- I am willing to undergo a DNA test

My concern is are they going to wonder; question me about why i did not sponsor my wife since 2007? I currently registered a business self employed opened July 2011, The 2010 income statement shows that i was in social assistance for 2 months( August 2010 - Oct 2010) will that affect my application even though I am currently self employed?

Please help me with this sponsorship, any advice, tips, will be appreciated i would like to send a complete application without any doubts.

Thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right. They may well wonder why you did not sponsor your wife in 2007. Why wait for 4 years if you want to be together.

Having been on social assistance in the past is not a problem as long as you aren't on it any more.

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
I am applying for my husband from middle east and it says that he must fill out the Supplementary information Appendix A ( Travel Histroy , military service etc) now it says " all immigrants must submitt military exemption card? what is that? is it neccsarry?? he did not serve in military as he traveled abroad to study? what should I do??

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Just reading what someone said about the military exempt card for sponsorship... I completely did't even think to think about that.
My husband has a certificate saying he will not go to the military for 3 years.. and then he has to come back and see if he has to be in the army for after that.. adn then he will be...getting another certificate.
They said it's ok for him to travel and all..
is this the military exempt card that was mentioned?
If it's required for the sponsorship application.. I just want to make sure ... I have it..and it's the correct one.
Should said exempt card.. be translated aswell?

absentgodot

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spritz said:
Oh really?
I saw they covered immigration.. but I guess that could be with other problems :S
ok.. second plan.. does anyone know of a good lawyer I coudl use thats fairly cheap?
or shoudl I just use David Tilson's office ot ... act as a . sort of fake lawyer?
I actually phoned Legal Aid here in BC on Friday. They will not cover spousal sponsorships; only things like Refugee Claims and other urgent matters where people are having legal problems.
Unfortunately they will not provide general legal services.

However, they can give you the number to the Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. This service will provide you with the name and phone number of a local lawyer who will meet with you for the first half hour for only $25. After this, if you and the lawyer decide to proceed together, you will be charged at their regular rate (which is never cheap).

This was my experience here in BC. If you are desperate for a lawyer's advice, it may be a route to try.
Good luck.

--darlene--

Aug 19, 2011
HI GUYS.. i just check ecas now and my application is change from "IN PROCESS" to " DECISION MADE" and

We started processing your application on July 01, 2010.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS THERE. IS ANYONE HERE HAS EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS AND CAN PLEASE SHARE TO ME WHAT HAPPEND NEXT ON THAT OR DO I NEED TO PROCESS SOME PAPERS? OR HOW LONG USUALLY THEY GIVE YOU THE DECISION AFTER THIS DECISION MADE? I AM FROM PHILIPPINES AND HOW WILL THEY DO TO CONTACT ME? TO PHONE OR EMAIL OR POST MAIL? PLEASE HELP ME.. I CANT SLEEP BECAUSE OF THINKING WHAT WILL HAPPENED NEXT TO THAT. and also some of the requirements are already expired like nbi clearance, police clearance and medical. do i need to get a new one and sent to manila office philippijnes? or just wait from them to ask it to me?

Spritz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
absentgodot said:
I actually phoned Legal Aid here in BC on Friday. They will not cover spousal sponsorships; only things like Refugee Claims and other urgent matters where people are having legal problems.
Unfortunately they will not provide general legal services.

However, they can give you the number to the Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. This service will provide you with the name and phone number of a local lawyer who will meet with you for the first half hour for only $25. After this, if you and the lawyer decide to proceed together, you will be charged at their regular rate (which is never cheap).

This was my experience here in BC. If you are desperate for a lawyer's advice, it may be a route to try.
Good luck.

Hello :)
Thank you so much for telling me, luckily I didn't bother I got nervous to see what would happen.
Luckily today I got lawyer:D and now I can start everythign tomorrow :D
the documents.. and all :D
I'm so excited adn so sad because I m going to be nervous to wether or not they will accept me to sponsor my pouse :(
once I iam accepted .. I'm going back to be with him until he is accepted :)
I can't take this distacne.. .love needs both heart and body
:( I miss waking up to see his eyes, smell him.. and hold his hand...
I'm glad canada is so great at protecting its people.. but .. I hate this waiting time and processing time :(

najamabbas

Aug 24, 2011
Thanks a lot for some very helpful information.

I sponsored my wife who is from Pakistan. It is taking very long for her to get her PR card. I applied back in November 2011. Approved from Canada in January 2011.

My question:

I was wondering if she can apply for visitor visa while they are reviewing sponsorship application?

Any help/advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you !!