+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Pink567

Oct 22, 2020
Can anyone tell me, if medical results are received, do they show it on ECAS that results are received??? Please help

Aug 5, 2020
Just found something out the hard way:
-Wife previously had SIN from another type of work permit (IEC)
-Received new open work permit
-Previous SIN expired
-Supposed to be starting work but new SIN will take 20 business day

So, not sure how many people would fall into this boat but remember to apply for a new SIN as soon as you get the Open Work Permit!

pugilist

Oct 4, 2018
Hey guys

Planning to sponsor my spouse to Canada (I am a Canadian PR who extended in 2019). I had left Canada in February for my wedding in India in the summer but unfortunately due to events we had to postpone it. I did not return to Canada as marriage plans had moved to winter and I was working from home (self employed). Now I am married but reading previous pages it seems that if you're not residing in Canada the application can get rejected, is that correct? Anyone who can help me with this??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys

Planning to sponsor my spouse to Canada (I am a Canadian PR who extended in 2019). I had left Canada in February for my wedding in India in the summer but unfortunately due to events we had to postpone it. I did not return to Canada as marriage plans had moved to winter and I was working from home (self employed). Now I am married but reading previous pages it seems that if you're not residing in Canada the application can get rejected, is that correct? Anyone who can help me with this??
Yes, as a PR you need to be residing in Canada to sponsor. Submit your application when you return. If you've already submitted return to Canada ASAP.

neelvakil

Dec 12, 2020
Unfortunately just before seeing DM we lost access to CAS,
However please find my timeline
23-03-2020 App received.
22-10-2020 Bio requested
23-10-2020 Medival Req
03-11-2020 Medical passed
26-10-2020 SA
28-10-2020 File moved to Ottawa VO
18-11-2020-Pre arrival
lost access to ECAS on 29-11-2020
Hey, can you pls tell me if you applied for spousal sponsorship visa?

Babo2020

Dec 13, 2020
Hi guys.

I was wondering if someone can explain me the process of getting my wife here in Canada.

I was approved on student visa in January 2020. I got here in Vancouver in September 2020. I am currently enrolled to a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) which is eligible for spousal program. My visa expires in December 2021, a then I plan to extend it more for the length of my college. I am no Canadian citizen, nor PR holder.

Can I apply for spousal program for my wife in order for her to get Open Work Permit and if someone knows what I need to do? Does anyone have bad or good experiences with this kind of stuff.

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys.

I was wondering if someone can explain me the process of getting my wife here in Canada.

I was approved on student visa in January 2020. I got here in Vancouver in September 2020. I am currently enrolled to a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) which is eligible for spousal program. My visa expires in December 2021, a then I plan to extend it more for the length of my college. I am no Canadian citizen, nor PR holder.

Can I apply for spousal program for my wife in order for her to get Open Work Permit and if someone knows what I need to do? Does anyone have bad or good experiences with this kind of stuff.

Thank you in advance.
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum. Post to the International Students or Foreign Workers section.

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I have a question regarding spousal sponsorship. I had applied for PR for my wife outland application last month. In the additional family information form IMM5406, we entered my wife's mother name as per the information in her mother's passport. However, in the birth certificate we provided, her mother name has different surname because her mother changed surname only after few years after marriage. Will this be a problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.