canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your reply :)

One more thing, the marriage photos that we need to submit as part of the application, do they need to be on an actual photo paper or just regular colour printouts will suffice?
Regular paper is fine.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Oh you mean this is valid for sponsorship applications as well! That's great news for me then. Thanks a ton.

I can send my application kit and would expect my sponsor status to be approved atleast. That would save some time.
It looks like a lot of applicants are still waiting for AOR...so I doubt you will get your sponsor status approved when a lot of applicants in Feb/March still have not get their AOR.

It seem like the whole spouse immigration process came to a stand still...with no process since March.

Reactions: shz86

ranasingha001

May 3, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
HEYYYYY guyssssss need help here!!!!!!! I think we received pre arrival may 21 ( yes our reprensent didnt see it till I call an gent that told me that we received someting may 21 ) !!! sorry the letter is in french !!
Here's what the letter says sorry it's in french

Bonjour,
Nous sommes heureux de vous informer que votre époux ou conjoint, les personnes à
votre charge et vous-même pouvez dès maintenant recevoir des services avant l’arrivée
gratuits, financés par le gouvernement du Canada. Ces services sont disponibles avant
votre arrivée et sont conçus et offerts afin de mieux vous préparer à la vie au Canada.
Les services avant l’arrivée sont offerts au nom d’Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté
Canada (IRCC) par des fournisseurs de services d’établissement. Ces fournisseurs de
services offrent gratuitement des renseignements pour vous aider à :
• vivre et travailler au Canada;
• faire reconnaître vos études, votre expérience de travail et vos permis d’exercice
et certificats professionnels au Canada;
• prendre contact avec des employeurs et obtenir des services de soutien gratuits à
votre arrivée au Canada, y compris une formation linguistique;
• prendre contact avec les gens de votre nouvelle communauté, y compris

But what I dont understand is that the agent I spoke with told me that security check is not started and that our medical is experied.
No DM on Ecas.
No update on gkeys !

We will reach 27 month june 8th . So please help me understant where they are at with our demand ?!
OUr representent told us that it means that they've complete our case and that our files is in Visa office but I dont trust them anymore and that's not what the agent told me this morning !!!!!!!
HEYYYYY guyssssss need help here!!!!!!! I think we received pre arrival may 21 ( yes our reprensent didnt see it till I call an gent that told me that we received someting may 21 ) !!! sorry the letter is in french !!
Here's what the letter says sorry it's in french

Bonjour,
Nous sommes heureux de vous informer que votre époux ou conjoint, les personnes à
votre charge et vous-même pouvez dès maintenant recevoir des services avant l’arrivée
gratuits, financés par le gouvernement du Canada. Ces services sont disponibles avant
votre arrivée et sont conçus et offerts afin de mieux vous préparer à la vie au Canada.
Les services avant l’arrivée sont offerts au nom d’Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté
Canada (IRCC) par des fournisseurs de services d’établissement. Ces fournisseurs de
services offrent gratuitement des renseignements pour vous aider à :
• vivre et travailler au Canada;
• faire reconnaître vos études, votre expérience de travail et vos permis d’exercice
et certificats professionnels au Canada;
• prendre contact avec des employeurs et obtenir des services de soutien gratuits à
votre arrivée au Canada, y compris une formation linguistique;
• prendre contact avec les gens de votre nouvelle communauté, y compris

But what I dont understand is that the agent I spoke with told me that security check is not started and that our medical is experied.
No DM on Ecas.
No update on gkeys !

We will reach 27 month june 8th . So please help me understant where they are at with our demand ?!
OUr representent told us that it means that they've complete our case and that our files is in Visa office but I dont trust them anymore and that's not what the agent told me this morning !!!!!!!
Here is translation of your received letter. Please read this carefully.

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that your spouse or partner, persons you and your dependents can now receive services before arrival free, funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before your arrival and are designed and offered to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are offered on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service providers. These suppliers of services offer free information to help you:
• live and work in Canada;
• have your studies, work experience and professional licenses recognized
and professional certificates in Canada;
• contact employers and obtain free support services for your arrival in Canada, including language training;
• get in touch with people in your new community, including.

this letter seems to pre arrival letter. Please confirm with your legal representative. Thanks.

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
It looks like a lot of applicants are still waiting for AOR...so I doubt you will get your sponsor status approved when a lot of applicants in Feb/March still have not get their AOR.

It seem like the whole spouse immigration process came to a stand still...with no process since March.
Ah :(
Still atleast sending the file is a good idea I think. It will be somewhere in the queue rather than the end of it.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Greetings,

So far, SA, medical and biometrics are done.

I have submitted the PCC from Delhi Police. Did I make a mistake there? Should I get a PCC from Passport Office and send it via web form?

I got my new passport last year and it doesn’t have my spouse’s name on it. Now, while filling up the PCC form on Passport Office website, it ask for the spouse name. I heard that in order to get the spouse name on PCC and if not already in the passport, a new passport needs to be issued!!!!

My application is already in New Delhi since Jan 2020.

Please help!!!!! What should I do? :(

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Here is translation of your received letter. Please read this carefully.

Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that your spouse or partner, persons you and your dependents can now receive services before arrival free, funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before your arrival and are designed and offered to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are offered on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service providers. These suppliers of services offer free information to help you:
• live and work in Canada;
• have your studies, work experience and professional licenses recognized
and professional certificates in Canada;
• contact employers and obtain free support services for your arrival in Canada, including language training;
• get in touch with people in your new community, including.

this letter seems to pre arrival letter. Please confirm with your legal representative. Thanks.
Hi. Yes this is the pre arrival. My interrogation is more about the fact that the agent told me that security check is not started and that medical is expired since sept 2019. Nothing in my notes (april) Shows that they've extended it. So I'm suppose to be happy with this letter but I'm still afraid its gonna belong. At almost 27 month we just dont believe it anymore.

prive6399

Jan 2, 2020
Hello Community,

I know we have a tracking sheet, but has anyone who submitted a PR application under the Family Sponsorship class for Spouses in Canada in January 2020, received the open work permit yet? I know IRCC is prioritizing other types of applications at the moment. Can anyone share some light with their experiences?

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hello Community,

I know we have a tracking sheet, but has anyone who submitted a PR application under the Family Sponsorship class for Spouses in Canada in January 2020, received the open work permit yet? I know IRCC is prioritizing other types of applications at the moment. Can anyone share some light with their experiences?
Last thing I saw about owp was december applicants getting theirs

JP Li

May 27, 2020
Hi Community,
I received AOR on Jan 12, 2020 and IRCC "We started processing your application on January 11, 2020. But I did not receive OWP so far. Is it normal? Was my case under a background check?

Prapri2912

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Any outland applications which got submitted in March received any update or AOR. I submitted my husbands Outland application on 30 Mar and no news or update till now. This whole covid scenario is stressing me out.

Reactions: shz86

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi Community,
I received AOR on Jan 12, 2020 and IRCC "We started processing your application on January 11, 2020. But I did not receive OWP so far. Is it normal? Was my case under a background check?
What date was your application received? If IRCC has had your OWP application for 4+ months, you might want to submit a webform to check up on it.

Although ... it's been communicated to me by IRCC that they are prioritizing the most urgent immigration cases now, and I don't think they're considering Spousal OWPs (and most spousal sponsorship PR applications) as urgent. While IRCC is working through the pandemic, everything is seriously delayed. Most movement and major milestones in application processing began to cease in March.

JP Li

May 27, 2020
What date was your application received? If IRCC has had your OWP application for 4+ months, you might want to submit a webform to check up on it.

Although ... it's been communicated to me by IRCC that they are prioritizing the most urgent immigration cases now, and I don't think they're considering Spousal OWPs (and most spousal sponsorship PR applications) as urgent. While IRCC is working through the pandemic, everything is seriously delayed. Most movement and major milestones in application processing began to cease in March.
They received our application on November 13, 2019. I called them yesterday and the clerk said once the sponsorship eligibility is approved, they will issue the OWP. Is the eligibility assessment taken so long?