Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
weerth said:
Hi rjesome

No, no... its just that I didnt know I would have to send this document, actually all my application was 99,9% ready to go.
I have his T4 document now but he changed jobs so I will send both papers, the T4 and the letter from his new company right?
Is the T4 really important since it shows his income for last year and for his old job?

Thanks again!
No, he doesn't need the T4, he needs the Option C. He calls CRA, asks for it and they will have it to him in about a week. The number to call to request it is on the Sponsor's checklist.

mustafa1

Apr 14, 2011
hi everyone... i need some help... my wife was previosly married.... got divorce from her x husband through court in on 20 th december 2010... a divorce decree was given to her signed by judge,... than she applied to local municipality's arbitration council to register it on 2nd january 2011... i married her on 4th febuary... came back to canada... now that i was going to apply someone told me that i needed a divorce certificate as well... i got the certicate on march 5th... that is a month after our marriage... the certificate states that court ordered on 20th dec was registerd by them on 5th march... now my consultant here is scaring me by saying thatif i apply my case will be rejected caz the certificate was issued at alatter date... i spoke with the immgration call centre.. they asked me to attach it with explaination... i havent applied yet.. im just worried what to do... my consultant is telling me not to attach the certifiacate...if i dont and they ask at a later date he tells me that i will be screwed for sure and my case will be rejected.. is there any way out other than going back and marrying again...?plz help me...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mustafa1 said:
hi everyone... i need some help... my wife was previosly married.... got divorce from her x husband through court in on 20 th december 2010... a divorce decree was given to her signed by judge,... than she applied to local municipality's arbitration council to register it on 2nd january 2011... i married her on 4th febuary... came back to canada... now that i was going to apply someone told me that i needed a divorce certificate as well... i got the certicate on march 5th... that is a month after our marriage... the certificate states that court ordered on 20th dec was registerd by them on 5th march... now my consultant here is scaring me by saying thatif i apply my case will be rejected caz the certificate was issued at alatter date... i spoke with the immgration call centre.. they asked me to attach it with explaination... i havent applied yet.. im just worried what to do... my consultant is telling me not to attach the certifiacate...if i dont and they ask at a later date he tells me that i will be screwed for sure and my case will be rejected.. is there any way out other than going back and marrying again...?plz help me...
You consultant is wrong. Are they are registered consultant? Sounds to me that March 5th is the date of issue of the certificate. The court Order determines when the divorce became final. This could be easily explained.

mustafa1

Apr 14, 2011
thanks for your reply ...so it means that i should apply and attach the certifiacte....>? as per the web site of immigration canada... they only need decree.. will they ask for certificate later? because as per the consultant they go by the date on certifiacte and not the decree.. my confusion is that which date is considered to be the divorce date? the date on court order or the registraton date on arbitration council's divorce certificate?

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
rjessome said:
No, he doesn't need the T4, he needs the Option C. He calls CRA, asks for it and they will have it to him in about a week. The number to call to request it is on the Sponsor's checklist.
Thanks my friend. Already called them and hopefully will be here next week.

Cheers!

jwhit

May 25, 2011
I am a US citizen planning to move to Canada to live with my common-law partner. I do not have a job lined up though and currently looking, but I would like to move to Canada as soon as possible. What is the best option to obtain a visa and be able to work in Canada?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
jwhit said:
I am a US citizen planning to move to Canada to live with my common-law partner. I do not have a job lined up though and currently looking, but I would like to move to Canada as soon as possible. What is the best option to obtain a visa and be able to work in Canada?
He/she may sponsor you for permanent residence as a common-law partner if you can establish a minimum of 12 months cohabitation (joint lease e.g.). An Outland application would be fastest, especially if it is important to you to be able to work as soon as possible. You may visit with your partner in Canada while your application is being processed in Buffalo, as you are visa exempt for visits to Canada. Note, you have to be prepared to show you are visiting, or that you have an application in process, so you cannot pack up and move all your things to Canada immediately.

Read through the first post in this thread, if you haven't already done so. Leon explains the spousal sponsorship process, and discusses the pros and cons of Inland and Outland processing.

rainbowchaser

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 - 05 - 2011
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
Front loaded
Med's Done....
Front loaded
HI all;

Im new to the forum and have read numerous posts - looks like a great source of information. I apologize if my questions have been answered I tried to read as much as i could on here before posting.

I am a Canadian Citizen and have now filed outland to sponsor my NZ husband. We are currently both living together in Australia. My question is -
1. can i now go back to Canada, find work and get my kids settled before he comes or do i need to wait for his PR to be approved.
2. If I can go back is he able to come visit us during the visa processing.
3. Will it affect / slow down the application if we are in different countries - proof of income that sort of thing.

Thanks for any info you can provide. I have raked over the CIC site and was unable to find clear answers.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rainbowchaser said:
1. can i now go back to Canada, find work and get my kids settled before he comes or do i need to wait for his PR to be approved.
2. If I can go back is he able to come visit us during the visa processing.
3. Will it affect / slow down the application if we are in different countries - proof of income that sort of thing.
1. You can go back without a problem.
2. He may not officially move to Canada until the PR but he can visit. Being visa exempt makes it a lot easier.
3. No. Income is not a strong criteria for spousal applications.

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
good day, i would like to know if it is possible my husband have his medical check up in singapore (because he is currently working in singapore) but his papers will be processed in philippines?

Would option C be sufficient enough for the financial criteria? Because, I would only be going back to canada this july, and then find work there but we intend to submit the documents this july. I would not be able to submit an employment letter because i am not employed as of the moment. But I am filing my tax even if i was working in singapore.

I am a pr since july 2009 and just got married to my husband this march 2011. Hope you can help me. Thanks a lot!

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great post, Leon! Though I came a bit late to this thread, this information has proven valuable since it has helped me decide the best path for sponsorship while living exclusively outside of Canada.

I've been married since 2004 and have lived exclusively out of Canada under the definition given by CIC. I am collecting all the documentation and forms to start the sponsorship application process outland. Now my only concern is what documents other than letter from an employer, enrollment in an educational institution or rental contract constitutes proof of moving back to Canada when my spouse becomes PR. Will just an affidavit stating my intention to move to Canada suffice?

Thanks for all the great info posted on this site.

DJ

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ischie said:
good day, i would like to know if it is possible my husband have his medical check up in singapore (because he is currently working in singapore) but his papers will be processed in philippines?
Yes, he can have his medicals whereever there is a DMP.

ischie said:
Would option C be sufficient enough for the financial criteria? Because, I would only be going back to canada this july, and then find work there but we intend to submit the documents this july. I would not be able to submit an employment letter because i am not employed as of the moment. But I am filing my tax even if i was working in singapore.
Yes, there is no strict financial requirement for spousal. It is mainly about if they think you can support yourselves in Canada. If you have been working in the past, they would have no reason to believe you will not be working in the future.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dakonej said:
I've been married since 2004 and have lived exclusively out of Canada under the definition given by CIC. I am collecting all the documentation and forms to start the sponsorship application process outland. Now my only concern is what documents other than letter from an employer, enrollment in an educational institution or rental contract constitutes proof of moving back to Canada when my spouse becomes PR. Will just an affidavit stating my intention to move to Canada suffice?
It is better if you write a bit more about what your plans are when you arrive. Where you will live, what kind of work you will do. Are you actively looking for work now or shopping around? You can print that out for them. Letters from friends and relatives who know of your plans to move to Canada may also help. If you have relatives you can stay with while you look for housing, getting a letter in that effect would also help.

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hello !

I would appreciate ur advice ..my fiancee has done her immigration process and she is waiting for the papers ... it seem taking very long as u all know ...we hv to be patient with it ...

Im planning for my marriage soon ..i will get married and take her to canada ... she will be on tourist visa for 6 months .. but after that ..is it easy for extension of visa ??? i wanted to sponsor her but in the case we get married her procedure for immigration will fall and we will start again with the sponsoring ..right ???

i want to take her with me in canada ... on the visa tourist ...i would like to know wht the implication ? she will hv to go back for medical and her visa and reenter canada ?

what may happen in the mean time if she get pregnant during the 6 months she is here ???
would we hv easily an extension for visa eaily ??? wht would be the implication

God Bless

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dila2401 said:
Im planning for my marriage soon ..i will get married and take her to canada ... she will be on tourist visa for 6 months .. but after that ..is it easy for extension of visa ???
You assume that she will get a tourist visa to come to Canada for 6 months? This is by no means guaranteed. If she does get into Canada, she can apply to extend stating that she is waiting for PR. That will likely be approved as long as she can show funds to support herself or you show funds to support her.

dila2401 said:
i wanted to sponsor her but in the case we get married her procedure for immigration will fall and we will start again with the sponsoring ..right ???
Her immigration application she has in process now will not fail if she gets married unless she is being sponsored as a dependent child of her parents. In that case, she is no longer a dependent child if she gets married. In all other cases, her immigration application continues to get processed. She should still inform immigration she got married though.

dila2401 said:
i want to take her with me in canada ... on the visa tourist ...i would like to know wht the implication ? she will hv to go back for medical and her visa and reenter canada ?
If she gets a tourist visa to go to Canada, there is no problem having the medicals in Canada. When she gets her PR visa, she either has to leave and re-enter Canada to land as a PR or she can see about making an appointment to land at a CIC office in your town.

dila2401 said:
what may happen in the mean time if she get pregnant during the 6 months she is here ???
would we hv easily an extension for visa eaily ??? wht would be the implication
If she is so pregnant she is not allowed to fly, she could hardly be denied to extend the visit visa. The implication is that as a visitor, she is not covered by health care so any expenses with the pregnancy and even the birth if it happens before she gets PR and health coverage would have to be paid out of pocket. This could amount to thousands of $.