Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lets not get into a debate, however you cannot have private conversation with a non mehram women. I should have emphasized on the private conversation part. He is a link explaining my point of muslims not talking to girls before marriage:-

http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/7998
IRCC does make cultural allowances for arranged marriages in terms of genuineness, relationship proofs etc. However, even in arranged marriages, the couple generally at least meets and talks before the wedding. Having zero contact beforehand is a red flag.

Amrita singh

Dec 8, 2018
Hi i am from india n my husband is a PR holder in Toronto.we submitted our file on 9th july..received medical request on 27th September..They received medical on 15th October..i keep checking my application online..it shows “in process” how long does it take for ppr after medical?
If it takes too long,we are planning to apply for visitors visa with a return ticket. What do you advice? Should we apply or wait for ppr?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi i am from india n my husband is a PR holder in Toronto.we submitted our file on 9th july..received medical request on 27th September..They received medical on 15th October..i keep checking my application online..it shows “in process” how long does it take for ppr after medical?
If it takes too long,we are planning to apply for visitors visa with a return ticket. What do you advice? Should we apply or wait for ppr?
Usually background after medical

Reactions: Amrita singh

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
What is an average time i can expect my ppr?
Do you think i should apply for visitors? My first wedding anniversary is on 30th December
Here's the crappy thing. Very very common, if you Heber a sponsor application in process, more often, they will deny a visit visa. Check your online status to see if they begin the bgc. It can take anywhere from weeks to months though :(

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
IRCC does make cultural allowances for arranged marriages in terms of genuineness, relationship proofs etc. However, even in arranged marriages, the couple generally at least meets and talks before the wedding. Having zero contact beforehand is a red flag.
yeah i get that...thats what im worried about...i was just trying to check if other ppl have gone through the same and if they had successful applications and also how they went about it

ibo_jayu

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Received 23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
8-7-2015
Med's Done....
16-7-2015. TLU 28-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submission 22-9.2015. Passport recd 25-09-2015
LANDED..........
Hi All,
I have a question about Generic Application form IMM008. I am sponsoring my spouse who is a single applicant. There is a section for dependants, there are no dependants in our application. However the instruction to fill this form states:

"You, the principal applicant must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependant(s).

Note: Remember that all questions in this section are about your dependant. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens."

Please advise if the applicant need to give my details here in this section.. since it says you must include your spouse, if applicable. Or we can just remove the dependant section or write as 'Not applicable'.

Thanks
Regards

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi All,
I have a question about Generic Application form IMM008. I am sponsoring my spouse who is a single applicant. There is a section for dependants, there are no dependants in our application. However the instruction to fill this form states:

"You, the principal applicant must answer each question on behalf of each of your dependant(s).

Note: Remember that all questions in this section are about your dependant. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens."

Please advise if the applicant need to give my details here in this section.. since it says you must include your spouse, if applicable. Or we can just remove the dependant section or write as 'Not applicable'.

Thanks
Regards
You dont need to fill it out

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
lets get into a debate, however you cannot have private conversation with a non mehram women. I should have emphasized on the private conversation part. He is a link explaining my point of muslims not talking to girls before marriage:-

http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/7998
show me on the quaran where it says that your not supposed to speak b4 marriage. If it doesn't say it in the quaran then it's not a MUSLIM thing. Its CULTURE THING. there a big difference.

ibo_jayu

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Received 23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
8-7-2015
Med's Done....
16-7-2015. TLU 28-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submission 22-9.2015. Passport recd 25-09-2015
LANDED..........

renette.j

Dec 9, 2018
hi everyone! im new here. does anyone know how long it usually takes for the immigration office to process medical exams?
I am already a citizen here and i submitted my husband's (whose is Philippines) application last June 2018, i got a response from then the following month for an error on one of the forms, we immediately corrected and resubmitted that. then, a week after, we received a request for a medical exam for my husband. it has been a few months and we have not received any letter/email from them yet. is that a good thing or a bad thing? and how long does it usually take before they email/send a letter to us for his passport request?

Frade

Dec 9, 2018
I wonder if I can travel and return to Canada with the eTa and the student and work permit valid, even though I’m in process to become a Permanent Resident in Canada. However my application is Inland.
Best Regards.

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
show me on the quaran where it says that your not supposed to speak b4 marriage. If it doesn't say it in the quaran then it's not a MUSLIM thing. Its CULTURE THING. there a big difference.
Let me iterate the following:-

1) this is not the forum for Islamic debates
2) the link sent earlier has Quranic verses and authentic hadiths supporting it
3) im in no way saying you cannot speak to a women at all (i.e workplace, malls etc..) however in the context of the situation..you cannot speak to your future wife before nikka as it can lead to fitnah.

Further to above if you dont have any advice on the application regarding this situation then would really appreciate to you let this go. You are more than welcome to do your own research disproving me and find another platform.